Tezzz

Banned
Reaction score
Pre-ordered the game from CJS CD Keys but they're ignoring my requests for the beta key. The customer support there is absolutely useless and I always get the same reply about checking the product page for information on the beta access. It does not state anything about it what so ever.

Others are complaining on their facebook page and I've now been blocked from commenting or liking anything they post.

Can anyone suggest what cause of action I should take next?

Pre-ordered the game from CJS CD Keys but they're ignoring my requests for the beta key. The customer support there is absolutely useless and I always get the same reply about checking the product page for information on the beta access. It does not state anything about it what so ever.

Others are complaining on their facebook page and I've now been blocked from commenting or liking anything they post.

Can anyone suggest what cause of action I should take next?

Sadly I only have one course of action to suggest: Never deal with them again - and if you have the time, write bad reviews on sites like trustpilot.

Sadly I only have one course of action to suggest: Never deal with them again - and if you have the time, write bad reviews on sites like trustpilot.

If it isn't sorted in the next couple of hours I'll be demanding a full refund and going to another site for FM. Is anywhere still giving away beta access?

And yeah mate will definitely be slagging these ***** off on every website out there.

Actually, you are entitled to a refund as long as you haven't received the activation code.

This is from their ToS:

"By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you hereby consent to CJS Sales & Services LTD providing you with your purchased CD Keys as soon as your payment arrives or any such time it deems appropriate, which may be before the end of the cancellation period provided for by The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, as amended by The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) (Amendment) Regulations 2005, (collectively, the 'Regulations') (the cancellation period under the Regulations is normally up to seven working days from the day after the contract was concluded, although this can be extended in some circumstances). In agreeing to this term, your right to cancel this service and claim a refund as per the Regulations expires as soon as you have activated the product key you purchased."

I suggest you read through all the parts regarding refunding, and email their support section. Don't use Facebook even if you can, it comes off as unprofessional and they obviously don't give two ***** about it. You might find yourself exchanging quite a few emails before you get you want, though - if you get it at all.

If it isn't sorted in the next couple of hours I'll be demanding a full refund and going to another site for FM. Is anywhere still giving away beta access?

And yeah mate will definitely be slagging these ***** off on every website out there.

Could try amazon mate last I heard they were

sortitoutsi also give beta access, but it's £29.99, same as Steam. Even if you find a site that sells it for a few quids cheaper, you might end up waiting several hours or even a day or two before you receive it. Imo it's not worth it.

Well my friend, i hate to say this but this is what sometimes happens when you order games from different sites (even sites with reputation). My advise to you is always use STEAM. Even if you pay an extra buck, at least you can sleep well at night, knowing that they will ALWAYS deliver what you paid for. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you will get your beta acces code.

Requested a refund. And I agree, foolish on my part but someone mentioned it on the site that they had good history with them and at £21.98 it seemed a real bargain.

Requested a refund. And I agree, foolish on my part but someone mentioned it on the site that they had good history with them and at £21.98 it seemed a real bargain.

Could try gamekeys4all mate I always use them for new games, you buy it they email you a link within minutes use the link and someone gifts you the game on steam. I got it for under 20 quid the day they got it and you can use paypal which is a bonus.

I never had any problem with them, however, I saw they were selling Russian beta's which needed VPN for playing the game. I guess they have legal issues now.

I never had any problem with them, however, I saw they were selling Russian beta's which needed VPN for playing the game. I guess they have legal issues now.

I bought the game on CJS two weeks ago. At that time I could not choose between EU/Russian version. Before I bought it they said nothing about VPN, but after getting it as a gift on steam they said I was in wrong region to get the game into the library. Then I took a look at CJS site and found out I needed to use VPN to get it to my game library. Then I downloaded the program they stated, changed country, got the game into the library and then deleted the VPN-program. Not a problem really, nice to not having to wait for a beta key, since it automatically downloaded beta when I started Steam. Basically you will get Beta with the russian version, even tough it now says Beta access not included when you change to russian version from EU version.

I bought the game on CJS two weeks ago. At that time I could not choose between EU/Russian version. Before I bought it they said nothing about VPN, but after getting it as a gift on steam they said I was in wrong region to get the game into the library. Then I took a look at CJS site and found out I needed to use VPN to get it to my game library. Then I downloaded the program they stated, changed country, got the game into the library and then deleted the VPN-program. Not a problem really, nice to not having to wait for a beta key, since it automatically downloaded beta when I started Steam. Basically you will get Beta with the russian version, even tough it now says Beta access not included when you change to russian version from EU version.

Just as long as you know that's illegal, and if Steam find out your account will be blocked.

Just as long as you know that's illegal, and if Steam find out your account will be blocked.

And entirely deserved.

Whether anyone feels it's stupid or not, I quite happily fork out the full whack to Steam every year. For something that I immerse myself in for a couple of thousand hours or more, it's literally pence per day.

Just as an aside, guys, if anyone is seen posting about where/how to get cracks they get a permaban, so tread carefully.

And entirely deserved.

Whether anyone feels it's stupid or not, I quite happily fork out the full whack to Steam every year. For something that I immerse myself in for a couple of thousand hours or more, it's literally pence per day.

Agreed. FM is my go to buy every year. Even if I cut my usual playtime down by a quarter that's still about 250 hours, which is an insanely good return.

I've seen threads on the Steam forums about this sort of regional evasion, or should we say, well, fraud. According to Steam's own Terms of Services, the use of VPN is not allowed. I'm often connected through VPN myself while connected to Steam, but it has nothing to do with Steam itself. It's just the fact that I use a VPN daily (for security and privacy issues) and log on to Steam daily. This sort of VPN use is de facto not allowed, but from what I can tell from the Steam forums, they couldn't really care less. And why should they.

But when it comes to getting products cheaper - or getting products at all - based on fooling the Steam servers to make it seem like you're in an entirely different region, that's something they do care about. Just keep that in mind in case you one day suddenly can't log onto your account. The person at Steam Support will be laughing hysterically at your subsequent rage mail.

I know, and I've bought from CJS-keys before and have got steam/origin keys all the time. Didn't know I was getting a gift this time, they surely didn't state it. Hopefully I'll be alright to play the game and not get banned. I'm only using Steam for Football Manager, all games since 2007.

Just to let you know, you will be banned for using VPN if SI finds out. I would suggest you to report it to [email protected] and make sure you let them know what site gave you russian version of the game. I would ask them (CJS) to give you unlocked version of the game as well, if you have proof they didn't say anything about Russian beta.

Just to let you know, you will be banned for using VPN if SI finds out. I would suggest you to report it to [email protected] and make sure you let them know what site gave you russian version of the game. I would ask them (CJS) to give you unlocked version of the game as well, if you have proof they didn't say anything about Russian beta.

Don't you think SI will ban me if I tell them I used VPN to activate the game on Steam? Because then they finds out.

And CJS didn't gave me the Russian beta, they gave me the Russian version of the game as a gift. I'm sure they are not willing to give me the game, since the order is marked as shipped already. Don't think there's anything I can do there. Even tough I've proof I didn't pay for Russian version or EU version, but Football Manager Steam CD Key as it says. The name even says that I bought a "key" and not a russian steam gift.

BTW I didn't even know CJS are using this method as I've only got keys before. That's illegal what they're doing, and they're still selling an FM 15 Russian version where it says VPN is needed. Wouldn't have bought it if I knew this was what I were getting.

Last edited:
When I check the page now there is an option to include the beta... for an additional £4. Definitely wasn't an option when I originally purchased it. Sigh. Going to have to slate the company on all types of gaming review sites now. :/