It seems that 4141 v4 is still the best tactic especially for underdogs, but also for mid and top teams. Best overall tactic.

It seems that 4141 v4 is still the best tactic especially for underdogs, but also for mid and top teams. Best overall tactic.
After the patch the efficiency of v4 (and v5 which clash said are the same except for slight set piece tweak) was noticeably reduced hence I wanted to try out the newer tactics..I dropped to like 6th by January using v5 and I climbed up a bit using v14 with a decent run but as I said many of the games we won it was obvious that something wasnt working despite the results . I conceded 3 vs augsburg and they COMPLETELY OUTPLAYED me. The squad I have now on my KFC Uerdingen team is considerably better than the squad I won Seria A with my Pescara save and yet the football is considerably worse.

There is also 4141 v13 which is v4 with new throw-ins. Also very good is the 442 v8. Every now and then or with new patch the tactic loses its strength for unknown reason for some or more games. I would play more games and see when the tactic becomes strong again. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't. Happens to me every season bur i keep going and it gets better. Just pay attention to dressing room atmosphere. It affects game performance.

4141 v14 is out as well... its in the tactics from other forum thread.

I don't know man. I've never won treble (4141 v14) with wolves on holiday before this tactics without any signings first season.
I am trying to test it with another team now, but it is probably mostly on how you are managing your team as well.
If you switch out too many players before the season, you will suffer because of team chemistry.
Also are you playing on fm touch? because although ME says it matches, touch has completely different results from regular fm 19 so I no longer use touch to make tactics. I know knap still uses touch to make tactics

I don't know man. I've never won treble (4141 v14) with wolves on holiday before this tactics without any signings first season.
I am trying to test it with another team now, but it is probably mostly on how you are managing your team as well.
If you switch out too many players before the season, you will suffer because of team chemistry.
Also are you playing on fm touch? because although ME says it matches, touch has completely different results from regular fm 19 so I no longer use touch to make tactics. I know knap still uses touch to make tactics
No I play regular FM.
I did rebuilt the team entirely but I am not convinced that this is the decisive factor because on my pescara I had a whole new squad as well and by february they should have more or less gelled and the tactical familuarity was high but the football was still mediocre. Maybe I should give it more time as I said v5 was working as a CHARM before the patch NAMELY: Ill tell you how things went on my KFC Uerdingen save using v5:
First season (third bundesliga ) promoted from first place 20 pts clear in league
Second season (second bundesliga) promoted from second place but I was given a 300k euro budget and nevertheless managed it .
Third season: (bundesliga) I ALMOST WON THE LEAGUE WITH NOTHING i was given a 400k euro budget and i managed about 10 loans I finished second place and it came down to the wire.
But fourth season after the patch the tactic started to give hickups and i noticed that with a FAR BETTER squad i started playing far WORSE like I said I dropped to 6th by january and I decided to try the new version. The new version works a little better but I had games where I had about in the 30s% possesion and HALF the passes made by opponent also very unconsistent performances namely of the mezellas and i have EXCELLENT mezellas renato sanchez + murgia I also have woodburn on loan (he is relatively high rated for mezella attack) . I promise u with the side I had before the patch we would of easily won bundesliga with v5 but now no. I think the tactics have to be revised and yes try to test it with some other sides namely in some other LEAGUES to see how the tactic does vs other playing styles.
I think the biggest problem with the current v14 version is not the offensive part but the defensive.The opposition runs through my defenders like through butter sometimes. They create good chances to score and defenders often perform poorly namely FULLBACKS I dunno if the change from inverted to regular fullbacks was for any better.
For instance here is my game vs kolnView attachment 7791

Last edited:
No I play regular FM.
I did rebuilt the team entirely but I am not convinced that this is the decisive factor because on my pescara I had a whole new squad as well and by february they should have more or less gelled and the tactical familuarity was high but the football was still mediocre. Maybe I should give it more time as I said v5 was working as a CHARM before the patch NAMELY: Ill tell you how things went on my KFC Uerdingen save using v5:
First season (third bundesliga ) promoted from first place 20 pts clear in league
Second season (second bundesliga) promoted from second place but I was given a 300k euro budget and nevertheless managed it .
Third season: (bundesliga) I ALMOST WON THE LEAGUE WITH NOTHING i was given a 400k euro budget and i managed about 10 loans I finished second place and it came down to the wire.
But fourth season after the patch the tactic started to give hickups and i noticed that with a FAR BETTER squad i started playing far WORSE like I said I dropped to 6th by january and I decided to try the new version. The new version works a little better but I had games where I had about in the 30s% possesion and HALF the passes made by opponent also very unconsistent performances namely of the mezellas and i have EXCELLENT mezellas renato sanchez + murgia I also have woodburn on loan (he is relatively high rated for mezella attack) . I promise u with the side I had before the patch we would of easily won bundesliga with v5 but now no. I think the tactics have to be revised and yes try to test it with some other sides namely in some other LEAGUES to see how the tactic does vs other playing styles.
I think the biggest problem with the current v14 version is not the offensive part but the defensive.The opposition runs through my defenders like through butter sometimes. They create good chances to score and defenders often perform poorly namely FULLBACKS I dunno if the change from inverted to regular fullbacks was for any better.
For instance here is my game vs kolnView attachment 1208572

which patch are you talking about?
19.3.4 did noticeably change performance but 19.3.5 did nothing to the match engine
and even if you have better squad, completely rebuilding your squad would damage your performance for sure

No I play regular FM.
For instance here is my game vs kolnView attachment 1208572

I ran quick test and seems like for top team (liverpool), v14 is better than v4
for underdog (crystal palace) v4 is better than v14

v14 was also more consistent in winning cups
I do see slight decrease in performance in tactics after 19.3.4, but you shouldnt be losing every game after patch just because of the tactic as difference seems like not THAT big according to the test results

I will work on tweaking for underdogs over the weekend

Well clash I decided to play the season through and I finished 5th in the league using the v14 tactic .
Had a bad run with 3 losses in a row bayern - leipzig - mongladbach .
HOWEVER.
HOWEVER :
View attachment 7788

Using 4141 v14.
That is all.

Well clash I decided to play the season through and I finished 5th in the league using the v14 tactic .
HOWEVER.
HOWEVER :
View attachment 1208578

Using 4141 v14.
That is all.

Dang that's great
For some reason v14 is really consistent in cups it seems

I had 3 RED CARDS believe it or not in the semi finals which went to extra time with PSG believe it or dont believe it but its true :O
(got passed on penalties)
I had a red card in the final too.

View attachment 7787

Last edited:
You must be the local there in order to play Uerdingen.....This name didn't come up since long times ago when they got relegated in the bundesliga....

well done to your promotion and winning CL

HOWEVER.
HOWEVER :
View attachment 1208578

Using 4141 v14.
That is all.

@clashthunder

I tried download v14 but there is not in the shared folder , only v4 exists

is that for some reason

Updated 4141 for 19.3.5
Used knap's TI
2nd with Crystal Palace (85pts) on holiday

Updated 4141 for 19.3.5
Used knap's TI
2nd with Crystal Palace (85pts) on holiday
I will try this season using the update .
Bought assensio!!among others. Board gave 120m budget
so far notable players in : delaney on free , assensio , emerson(chelsea leftback) , almendra , pickford
trying to get rid of dasilva and dobson now dasilva already some offers dobson no

Last edited:
4-1-4-1 V14 is basically like cheating. My striker is loving life right now having scored 3 hattricks

attachment.php