Clever Old Fergie!!

Man Utd don't need a new goalkeeper atm, VDS is still a top goalkeeper.

He is retiring at the end of the season, so it would be sensible to get a top class keeper in, or make do with those he already has (I'm not sure who's second and third choice, or if they're actually any good).

Why fix something thats not broken, not been playing are best but yet unbeaten. Growing up as Fergie as United manager I have learned not to question him.

I agree with the comments on Liverpools new signings, but Torres has played rubbish because he hasn't been happy playing such poor football (Europa League), and just having Gerrard to feed off...
Now he's got Lampard, Malouda, Drogba, Essien etc. to feed off, and he'll be playing Champo League football, it may take him the rest of the season to settle in, but I reckon next season we'll have it ;)

David Luiz is such a quality player too! How can you forget him!

better start thinking about it, regarding the fact he's retiring at the end of the season...
SAF been thinking about it for 2 seasons, ever since he revealed that he regrets not getting van der sar earlier

better start thinking about it, regarding the fact he's retiring at the end of the season...

I know that but Rafa said asap. I realise the fact we need a new goalkeeper in the summer with Stekelenburg the most likely.

Clever Old Fergie...the title says everything!
Glory Man United

Man Utd are top of the league, its up to the rest of the pack to rise to the challenge. Utd didnt need anyone simple as that.

I am quite happy that we didn't sign anyone. If you look how much mediocre players are going for (35mill) then you are going to have properly splash the cash if you want a world class player. In that sense I am happy, however it would always be good to strengthen the squad.

Dont be too happy United has to play us twice, home and away ;)

Gotta say im not disappointed to be honest, when you consider the kind of players we need to buy, its too expensive to move in january. Stekelenburg and (hopefully) Hamsik would be expensive enough in the summer as it is

If I'm not wrong Stekelenburg's contract would only have a year left this summer (he rejected the contract offer a few times in the past, not sure if he had signed a new one yet), so I'm guessing that he wouldn't be that expensive. Hamsik would cost more than 25m though IMO, and hopefully we wouldn't pay 35m for him.

I Think That Manchester are the team that will win the premier league because 1 st they dont have a lose match when all of the players are fit the team looks and plays very good liverpool chelsea tottenham arsenal had a bad periods and now we see last match of chelsea vs everton again they saved in the second half i think torres 1 st he need 1 or 2 months to get in the team to make new friendships to learn how theteam plays and this will be the 1 st problem of chelsea 2 nd i think there arent a team that have more than 5 Loses and at the end of the season is champion watch all teams and from this point of view will see that the team that is favourite is again man untd this is my opinion and sry for bad english

Why do people keep bringing up the same **** over and over again.. It's almost as if we haven't already been spoon fed it like we're retarded for the last 48 hours.

Judge the signings at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Well...United didn't need a signing this january. Im also glad that City only bought Dzeko...and not 3-5 players this window. In summer we will surely buy a few players. Caroll is very dangerous in the air...but who is going to feed him crosses? Not many weeks ago Suarez was biting players and got a 7-match ban. Caroll is beating his girlfriend...etc.

I dont know what that combination will bring Liverpool :D

Well.. Lets take a look at how the current squad is doing, shall we?

Top of the League, undefeated and with the best Goal Difference.
Still in the F.A cup.
Topped their Champions League group (undefeated and conceded 1 goal).
Haven't hit top gear yet.

We didnt need to sign anybody in January. Fergie will do it right as usual with long term scouting and clever deals away from the prying eyes of the press.

The players I expect in the summer are...

Jeremy Menez (AM/FW)
Uros Cosic (DF)
Alex Chamberlain (MF)
Maarten Stekelenburg (GK)
Jordan Henderson (MF)
Charlie Adam (MF)

But I will probably be totally wrong XD

Personally, I would rather my club spent money in areas they need to improve, than not spend at all.

I am sure any United fan wouldn't complain if they had signed either of Torres, Suarez or Carroll.

i dont think any united fan would have been happy if they'd bought Suarez or Carroll

torres - 35 mil and carroll - 20 mil i would have said was good deals, both top players imo but both cost more than they should have :)

Were forgetting Arsenal aswell. Glad they didn't sign Southamptons Chamberlain as he will be immense in the future. Chelsea will be big NEXT season but it's too late for them now.

I would of liked Utd to sign a player, if he was fair priced and good enough to improve the first 11. But there seemed to be no-one around, and With Valencia coming back soon, It will be like a new signing anyway.