Clever Old Fergie!!

still, 35 mil for a player who has only burst on the seen is a tad too expensive don't u think ?

so is 10m for a striker who we never heard off ahem Bebe... comparing both transfers, I'd rather take Caroll

For some reason i feel u just made this Thread as ur not happy with United's lack of transfer activity, u probably would not have mind if u signed Torres, Suarez or Caroll, no matter how much money u spent

aka. Torres is arguably one of the best strikers in the world

Caroll is probably the best English young striker currently
Suarez has played in the WC Semi-Final, no Man Utd player can say that

I am pretty sure if Man Utd was having a bad season they would spend too, but they are undefeated so its hardly clever Fergie but sensible Fergie

It doesn't matter if you have players played in WC semi final or Finals. What matters is quality of the players we got.

I would have complained had we singed Torres, Carroll or Suarez as we are well stocked and we dont want any striker now. Rooney, Berba, Hernandez, Owen, next season with Welbeck, Macheda Doiuf coming back, we are very much comfortable in the strikers dept and it would have been foolish to spend so much money on them when we dont need to.

On the other hand, had we spent money of Left footed left winget or creative CM, i would have taken that.

And FYI, even when Chelsea were flying high i always said we have good enough squad as we do have and many of our squad players are underrated.

so is 10m for a striker who we never heard off ahem Bebe... comparing both transfers, I'd rather take Caroll

1. It was £7M
2. Carroll was not heard of until six months ago so that argument is kinda flawed.

Not a good one Alcarez. Bebe was brought for the future and do you know he is way down the pecking order and wont get a game unless Fergie decides to give him some game time. Whereas Carroll will be first choice on whom Liverpool with rely heavily. So you are comparing first team player to reserve player.

It was not 10 Million, it was 4.2 million pounds which was published in other paper.

It doesn't matter if you have players played in WC semi final or Finals. What matters is quality of the players we got.

I would have complained had we singed Torres, Carroll or Suarez as we are well stocked and we dont want any striker now. Rooney, Berba, Hernandez, Owen, next season with Welbeck, Macheda Doiuf coming back, we are very much comfortable in the strikers dept and it would have been foolish to spend so much money on them when we dont need to.

On the other hand, had we spent money of Left footed left winget or creative CM, i would have taken that.

And FYI, even when Chelsea were flying high i always said we have good enough squad as we do have and many of our squad players are underrated.

I honeslty dont believe u wont have complained about Torres, no matter how many strikers u have, he is Torres

btw Man Utd have never struggled to qualify for Europe so once they did, I am pretty sure u would revert back ur last statement too,

1. It was £7M
2. Carroll was not heard of until six months ago so that argument is kinda flawed.

lol Bebe was not heard off..... well ever and 7m which could have been spent on someone better at the time, I would take someone who has outscored Rooney,Drogba and Torres this season rather than take someone who used to play in the Portugues 3rd Division

Not a good one Alcarez. Bebe was brought for the future and do you know he is way down the pecking order and wont get a game unless Fergie decides to give him some game time. Whereas Carroll will be first choice on whom Liverpool with rely heavily. So you are comparing first team player to reserve player.

It was not 10 Million, it was 4.2 million pounds which was published in other paper.

what he said ;)

bebe is a reserve player while carrol will be expected to fill the enormously fat shoes of el nino

It actually wasn't even £7m, it was closer to £4m, Fergie said.

Well there you go then....he cant compare £38M to £4M and they were both unknown players.....so his argument in extremely flawed.

nope the point was that u mentioned that Pool overspent on Caroll btw, so Man Utd rightfully overspent on Bebe too and I am saying that if I had a choice which player i would took at these value's, I would choose Caroll, a proven striker

what he said ;)

bebe is a reserve player while carroll will be expected to fill the enormously fat shoes of el nino

It actually wasn't even £7m, it was closer to £4m, Fergie said.

Well there you go then....he cant compare £38M to £4M and they were both unknown players.....so his argument in extremely flawed.

Your pint was that Pool overspent on Caroll, I am saying that Man Utd overspent on Bebe in accordance with their respective value's and i would take Caroll, Caroll was hardly an unknown player btw and Man Utd could not have even affored Torres or Caroll at their values cos of their debt, if they could, who knows Fergie could have gone for them

£7.4m to be precise :p

Carrol at most should have gone for around £16m (he is more than Tevez, Dzeko, Robinho, Silva, Adebayor etc etc) he is nowhere near these guys standards... way too overpriced... who knows, he may just prove his worth..

he is nowhere close to being surrounded by names such as these...

Top 10 Overall Transfers

• 1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United to Real Madrid – £80m (2009)
    Cristiano_Ronaldo_in_Real_Madrid_2.jpg
  • 2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Inter Milan to Barcelona – £60.7m (2009)
  • 3. Kaka: AC Milan to Real Madrid – £56m (2009)
  • 4. Fernando Torres: Liverpool to Chelsea – £50m (2011) NEW!
  • 5. Zinedine Zidane: Juventus to Real Madrid – £45.62m (2001)
  • 6. Luis Figo: Barcelona to Real Madrid – £37m (2000)
  • 7. Hernan Crespo: Parma to Lazio – £35.5m (2000)
  • 8. Andy Carroll: Newcastle United to Liverpool – £35m (2011) NEW!
  • 9. David Villa: Valencia to Barcelona – £34.2m (2010)
  • 10. Gianluigi Buffon: Parma to Juventus – £32.6m (2001)

nope the point was that u mentioned that Pool overspent on Caroll btw, so Man Utd rightfully overspent on Bebe too and I am saying that if I had a choice which player i would took at these value's, I would choose Caroll, a proven striker

1, We never overspent coz it was actually £7M
2.You overspend as it was £38<
3. You cant call a striker who you have only seen for half a season a proven striker....Rooney, Drogba..... these are proven strikers

£7.4m to be precise :p

Carrol at most should have gone for around £16m (he is more than Tevez, Dzeko, Robinho, Silva, Adebayor etc etc) he is nowhere near these guys standards... way too overpriced... who knows, he may just prove his worth..

he is nowhere close to being surrounded by names such as these...

Top 10 Overall Transfers

• 1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United to Real Madrid – £80m (2009)
    Cristiano_Ronaldo_in_Real_Madrid_2.jpg
  • 2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Inter Milan to Barcelona – £60.7m (2009)
  • 3. Kaka: AC Milan to Real Madrid – £56m (2009)
  • 4. Fernando Torres: Liverpool to Chelsea – £50m (2011) NEW!
  • 5. Zinedine Zidane: Juventus to Real Madrid – £45.62m (2001)
  • 6. Luis Figo: Barcelona to Real Madrid – £37m (2000)
  • 7. Hernan Crespo: Parma to Lazio – £35.5m (2000)
  • 8. Andy Carroll: Newcastle United to Liverpool – £35m (2011) NEW!
  • 9. David Villa: Valencia to Barcelona – £34.2m (2010)
  • 10. Gianluigi Buffon: Parma to Juventus – £32.6m (2001)

Caroll was overpriced but Pool had no choice, if they did not sign another striker, they would have been in the ***** for the rest of the season

Your pint was that Pool overspent on Caroll, I am saying that Man Utd overspent on Bebe in accordance with their respective value's and i would take Caroll, Caroll was hardly an unknown player btw and Man Utd could not have even affored Torres or Caroll at their values cos of their debt, if they could, who knows Fergie could have gone for them

Peanuts..
The Portuguese daily suggests Ferguson paid as little as £4.8 million for the former Victoria De Guimaraes starlet.

The report, picked up by talkSport, suggests Vitoria president Emilio Macedo was addressing an assembly of club associates when he revealed Manchester United had signed the precocious youngster for less than the initial fee quoted upon Bebe’s arrival at Old Trafford.

Now we dont get involved in this insane window, we dont have money. Whatever pleases you Sir. You are comparing 4M and 35 Million.

Caroll was overpriced but Pool had no choice, if they did not sign another striker, they would have been in the ***** for the rest of the season

to be precise , they were already in the ***** when torres handed in a transfer request :p

1, We never overspent coz it was actually £4M
2.You overspend as it was £38<
3. You cant call a striker who you have only seen for half a season a proven striker....Rooney, Drogba..... these are proven strikers

4m for someone who played in the Third Division hmm......... btw Caroll is much more proven than Bebe and atleast u can rely on him to score goals, Torres is a world-class striker so i think that 50m is somewhat justified plus we got him in his peak years, hardly a bad deal, if Man Utd had the money, I am pretty sure Fergie would not have minded bidding for Torres

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Peanuts..

Now we dont get involved in this insane window, we dont have money. Whatever pleases you Sir. You are comparing 4M and 35 Million.

its pretty comon knowledge that Man Utd will never bid more than 30m for a player, honeslty u are getting me all wrong

Bebe is overpriced why?

-He used to play in the Third Division
-He never proved himself in any league whatsoever
- Fergie did not even scout him properly according to Fergie himself

Caroll is overpriced why?
- He has just broke into the scene
- He is hardly worth 35m, not a proven as one would like but still has hit 11 league goals this season, more than Drogba or Rooney
- Already has got his first cap for England, is Bebe anywhere close to playing for Portugal LOL, but thats not really a justified arguement
- Touted by many as Englands next big thing, who knows, if he fulfills his potential, Pool may end up selling him for 50m in the future and this 35m would not look so bad at all but again we cant be sure

If I had to take either Bebe or Caroll at these values of 5m and 35m respectively, I would take Caroll, we know he can hit the back of the net and although we got him for a mega price, we know he has loads of potential while with Bebe u never know