Clever Old Fergie!!

4m for someone who played in the Third Division hmm......... btw Caroll is much more proven than Bebe and atleast u can rely on him to score goals, Torres is a world-class striker so i think that 50m is somewhat justified plus we got him in his peak years, hardly a bad deal, if Man Utd had the money, I am pretty sure Fergie would not have minded bidding for Torres

We neither buy players directly from Liverpool nor sell them. Fergie is not a fool to buy Torres when we have Rooney and Berba who is enjoyinghis best form for a crock who cant manage to keep himself fit for a season.

Just that Chelsea signed him doesnt mean we would have gone for him had we got money. Going by that logic, ManCity would have made a bid in Jan as he is THE TORRES.

bottom line is...

1) Torres to Chelsea £50m (good deal for any club, Torres is one of the best strikers around and in his prime)
2) Carrol to Liverpool £38m (way to much cash, overpriced, £16m maximum for Carrol)
3) Suarez to Liverpool £22.8m (very good deal, good player, young, versatile)

Liverpool should have used the cash for Carrol to buy better Midfielders or another good winger (Lucas, Polsen and Kuyt are ****) they could have spent the £38m on at least 2 good players!

end of....

to be precise , they were already in the ***** when torres handed in a transfer request :p

No player is bigger than than the club, I dont remember them scrambling to offer him bigger wages, they understood his desire and let him go, Liverpool will go on with or without Torres

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

We neither buy players directly from Liverpool nor sell them. Fergie is not a fool to buy Torres when we have Rooney and Berba who is enjoyinghis best form for a crock who cant manage to keep himself fit for a season.

Just that Chelsea signed him doesnt mean we would have gone for him had we got money. Going by that logic, ManCity would have made a bid in Jan as he is THE TORRES.

sorry i rephrase my quote, Fergie would not mind spending 50m on a world-clas midfielder or GK if he could

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

bottom line is...

1) Torres to Chelsea £50m (good deal for any club, Torres is one of the best strikers around and in his prime)
2) Carrol to Liverpool £38m (way to much cash, overpriced, £16m maximum for Carrol)

Liverpool should have used the cash for Carrol to buy better Midfielders or another good winger (Lucas, Polsen and Kuyt are ****) they could have spent the £38m on at least 2 good players!

end of....

lol at the end of part, Pool had to buy another striker and I am pretty sure they would have drived a good hard baragin if they were not so close to the end of the window

Bebe is overpriced why?
-He used to play in the Third Division
-He never proved himself in any league whatsoever
- Fergie did not even scout him properly according to Fergie himself

So what. Smalling was non league player, now playing for the ManUtd and you have forgotten an Arsenal legend who made a step up from non league to League's top player.

Caroll is overpriced why?
- He has just broke into the scene
- He is hardly worth 35m, not a proven as one would like but still has hit 11 league goals this season, more than Drogba or Rooney

Hernandez scored 11 goals and all the goals were important one. So how much he is worth. And he is not even regular starter.

- Already has got his first cap for England, is Bebe anywhere close to playing for Portugal LOL, but thats not really a justified arguement
- Touted by many as Englands next big thing, who knows, if he fulfills his potential, Pool may end up selling him for 50m in the future and this 35m would not look so bad at all but again we cant be sure

Touted as Next England big thing. Why am I not surprised. He is the N th player who wa touted to be the big star.
[/QUOTE]

So what. Smalling was non league player, now playing for the ManUtd and you have forgotten an Arsenal legend who made a step up from non league to League's top player.

Hernandez scored 11 goals and all the goals were important one. So how much he is worth. And he is not even regular starter.

Touted as Next England big thing. Why am I not surprised. He is the N th player who wa touted to be the big star.
[/QUOTE]

lol just because Smalling and that Arsenal Legend did it does not mean Bebe is going to do it......

Hernandez scored 11 goals and he worth the money, Caroll scored 11 goals too but he was overpriced, does not mean he does not have the potential to justify the price tag, as mentioned above Liverpool had to overbid for him, if it was not so close to the end of the window, they probably would have drived a good hard bargain for him

btw Hernandez plays at Man Utd, there is hardly ever any burden on him to score all the goals and he plays with some of the best players in the world, Caroll plays at Newcastle, not so great players and he is probably their best striker at the age of 21.....for someone who stepped up to the plate so admirably, he has to be commended

bottom line is...

end of....
I agree but they had no where near the time to do this, this window...

yeah, they were relying on the cash from Chelsea for Torres... however, as a good manager like myself in FM is that you agree for players to sign at the end of the transfer window, sort out all the paper work and ask to delay until the end once the cash has come in and then the transfers can go through...

its called forward planning...

Carroll is overpriced. £37million on a player who has only played half of a Premier League season. Sure he has scored 11 goals, but he isn't excatly feared like a £37million spending should be. But as it's already been said, Liverpool needed a striker at any cost, so £37million is understandable for a player who was an icon at another club.
Torres is a gamble for Chelsea. Sure he can be one of the best strikers in the world, but as he's proven this season and last, he is easily injured and his best doesn't always turn up. So it's a gamble on Chelsea's part and a blessing for Liverpool.

lol just because Smalling and that Arsenal Legend did it does not mean Bebe is going to do it......
Hernandez scored 11 goals and he worth the money, Caroll scored 11 goals too but he was overpriced, does not mean he does not have the potential to justify the price tag

See you are not even maintaining same yard stick. You are waiting for Carroll to justify the price tag, in the same time you are writing off Bebe.

btw Hernandez plays at Man Utd, there is hardly ever any burden on him to score all the goals and he plays with some of the best players in the world, Caroll plays at Newcastle, not so great players and he is probably their best striker at the age of 21.....for someone who stepped up to the plate so admirably, he has to be commended

The pressure of representing big club is way huge than producing for mid table teams. No wonder many good players have failed to step up when played for big clubs,

Dont be too happy United has to play us twice, home and away ;)
well on chelseas recent form i dont think utd have much to worry about there even with new signing torres,another 6 points droped for chelsea i reckon ;)
i think chelsea bought torres as a desperate attempt to salvage something from the **** season so far theyve had,i reckon there be spending loads more at the next window too as all there players are getting a tad over the hill now ie:terry,drogba,lampard

Last edited:
well on chelseas recent form i dont think utd have much to worry about there even with new signing torres,another 6 points droped for chelsea i reckon ;)

And even if Chelsea wins both them, they'd still be 4 points behind United :)
But as you said, Chelsea this season wont be a match for United.

Personally, I would rather my club spent money in areas they need to improve, than not spend at all.

I am sure any United fan wouldn't complain if they had signed either of Torres, Suarez or Carroll.

Torres YES...The other 2 NO

In all this, I feel sorry for Newcastle. They have sold their best striker by far this season, and not had the chance to replace him. Yeah, they have good strikers still there, but none, IMO, that are anywhere near good enough for Premier League. But Mike Ashley is giving Pardew all of the £35m they got for Carroll to spend in summer, so as long as they stay in Premier League, they should be able to buy some top players.

I would have spunked all round my house if United had spent 50 mil on Torres

But Fergie knows what he's doing and he must be confident he can win the league this season with the current crop of players. 5 points clear at the top without Valencia, and an off form Rooney. If Rooney finds form close to last season then United will be hard to catch.

I dont understand why Liverpool panic buyed Caroll. They could have gotten him in the summer maybe for less. And Caroll is injured for a couple of weeks. And i think Pardew said that he could be maybe even 3 months..(at worst).

I personally think Liverpool have lost a great striker in Torres but Carroll and Suarez can form a great partnership.

What will be interesting to see is how chelsea can fit Drogba Anelka and Torres into the same team, we all know how sulky Anelka gets when not happy .