Clever Old Fergie!!

I would of liked Utd to sign a player, if he was fair priced and good enough to improve the first 11. But there seemed to be no-one around, and With Valencia coming back soon, It will be like a new signing anyway.
exactly, we have to spend big soon and we cant afford to get it wrong, nor can we afford to overspend. Which makes january a terrible time for us

exactly, we have to spend big soon and we cant afford to get it wrong, nor can we afford to overspend. Which makes january a terrible time for us

See i think we only need to spend big on 3 players, Replacing Scholes. Giggs and VDS.

As we could have

Goalie
Rafeal
Rio( With Evans as the future)
Vidic( Smalling to cover/ youngster)
Evra ( Fabio)
Valencia
Carrick/ ( Scholes replacement)
Fletcher/ Anderson
Nani
Berba( Welbeck/ Macheda/ Chicarito)
Rooney

Come next season and that team could grow and last us anoth 4-5 years, with useful players such as Park, Obertan, Hargreaves( If he ever gets back), Corry Evans to help us make up a squad.

See i think we only need to spend big on 3 players, Replacing Scholes. Giggs and VDS.

As we could have

Goalie
Rafeal
Rio( With Evans as the future)
Vidic( Smalling to cover/ youngster)
Evra ( Fabio)
Valencia
Carrick/ ( Scholes replacement)
Fletcher/ Anderson
Nani
Berba( Welbeck/ Macheda/ Chicarito)
Rooney

Come next season and that team could grow and last us anoth 4-5 years, with useful players such as Park, Obertan, Hargreaves( If he ever gets back), Corry Evans to help us make up a squad.
I know but replacements for those three will not be cheap

Stekeleburg £12-15m if reports are turn that he has a year left on his contract
Hamsik £25-28m/Modric £35-40m (assuming no CL for spurs
Jovetic/Young/Bale starting at £15m million minimum for young, rising quickly for either of the others

Of course I'm speculating as to whether these are the targets, but we would be looking in that ball park, and unless SAF fins someone out of left field, the figures are going to be around that value

I know but replacements for those three will not be cheap

Stekeleburg £12-15m if reports are turn that he has a year left on his contract
Hamsik £25-28m/Modric £35-40m (assuming no CL for spurs
Jovetic/Young/Bale starting at £15m million minimum for young, rising quickly for either of the others

Of course I'm speculating as to whether these are the targets, but we would be looking in that ball park, and unless SAF fins someone out of left field, the figures are going to be around that value

Agree on that, Maybe someone like Downing might be an option.. As he can cross, dribble and a fair bit of pace, as Nani would be first choice, but downing would cost around 15 i reckon.

Midfield target Charlie adams would cost no more then 6 in the summer, this is the line fergie is going down.

Agree on that, Maybe someone like Downing might be an option.. As he can cross, dribble and a fair bit of pace, as Nani would be first choice, but downing would cost around 15 i reckon.

Midfield target Charlie adams would cost no more then 6 in the summer, this is the line fergie is going down.
those two are good players, but I question whether they are very good players, ones that can push the side up another level, it isn't just about replacing, but improving the side at the same time.

those two are good players, but I question whether they are very good players, ones that can push the side up another level, it isn't just about replacing, but improving the side at the same time.

Improving scholes and Giggs, going to the next level after them, i would say is Mission Impossible.

Improving scholes and Giggs, going to the next level after them, i would say is Mission Impossible.
At their prime i agree, but those two arent even as good as giggs and scholes are now (which in fairness its till pretty good)

At their prime i agree, but those two arent even as good as giggs and scholes are now (which in fairness its till pretty good)

Downing as a winger is though really, And We are top with Giggs and Scholes now, So that shouldnt be that great of a problem. TBF the only player who could do what scholes does for us out there is Xavi. And with the younger players i listed, the squad would grow and become stronger then we have now.

Downing as a winger is though really, And We are top with Giggs and Scholes now, So that shouldnt be that great of a problem. TBF the only player who could do what scholes does for us out there is Xavi. And with the younger players i listed, the squad would grow and become stronger then we have now.
modric could do the job, so could gourcuff or hamsik (hamsik is more dynamic in the attack, a cross between modric and lampard). But we also have to think about europe and also the clubs around us. Jury is out on those two for me at the elite level, though i'd be happy to be proved wrong (especially in downing's case, can only be good for england too)

So all of a sudden now Torres is "Past his best" striker and Carroll is one of the best young striker. Hypocrisy at its very best.

Love it or hate it, Torres is still excellent striker, no where near "Past his best". He will playing his peak years at Chelsea.

torres is awful, he only really looks good at liverpool by the fact he outclasses n'gog and the worst first team player in lucus. okay torres can be amazing. but this will happen only if the rest of the team are doing well, then he needs to not pick up an injury and basically stop moping around like a kid whos not getting it his way...just saying.

on topic though liverpool's signing were good as they sold an overpriced player and got two overpriced ones carroll obv more.

modric could do the job, so could gourcuff or hamsik (hamsik is more dynamic in the attack, a cross between modric and lampard). But we also have to think about europe and also the clubs around us. Jury is out on those two for me at the elite level, though i'd be happy to be proved wrong (especially in downing's case, can only be good for england too)

I think with downing given the chance he could be flying and Adams looks good with these players, imagine what he could do at a bigger club. Wouldnt imnd either of them in the summer, and both wouldnt be massive fees.

I think with downing given the chance he could be flying and Adams looks good with these players, imagine what he could do at a bigger club. Wouldnt imnd either of them in the summer, and both wouldnt be massive fees.
Hope so, cant say i share your confidence. But i would be estatic if they could do it, save us a **** of a lot of money, and in downing's case do england a lot of good

Hope so, cant say i share your confidence. But i would be estatic if they could do it, save us a **** of a lot of money, and in downing's case do england a lot of good

We have to wait and See. Hopefully they both become great players at our club but who knows.

Giggsy and Scholes have one more year. Giggsy I'm not sure. Looks like he will play forever.

I feel that Ajax GK is the perfect replacement for VDS but one thing that cannot be replaced is VDS footwork and ability to find pass liek Yesterday where he played excellent ball to Rooney. Hope we give some chances to Lindegaard to prove what is made of.

We have good wingers in Nani, Valencia, Park, Cleverley. If we are looking for a winger then it should be Sanchez. He is excellent and his workrate is very underrated. Works his socks off in every game and had excellent game against Inter. Hope we get him as Hazard is Arsenal bound as of now.
We should have gone for Adam Johnson when he was at Boro. Still dont know why we didnt go for him.

There is no replacement for Scholes. Nearest we can get is Hamsik. I dont think we make a bid for him. Scholes is one off. More likely that we will build team around Anderson and let our youngsters Ravel Morrison to slowly get into the team. He is the kind of player we need. In the games i have watched him playing as CM, he was excellent and this is his first season in reserves but he was looking so calm, beating people with ease. He is Iniesta type of player. Hope he fulfils his potential.

vds - neuer - he has excellent footwork and is still my bet :p
scholes - hamsik or gourcuff or modric
giggs - bale, i hope spurs don't get into the champs league and will choice to join united when advised by giggs ;)

1) United dont have the cash to spend (we are in huge amounts of debt)

2) We dont have any serious long term injuries that we needed cover for

3) We did not need to strengthen our squad this winter

4) We will need to in the Summer - Gk and a Cm is all we really need

5) Chelsea and Liverpool feel the need they need to buy players to Win the league... if we were lying 3rd or 7th I think it may have been different...

1) United dont have the cash to spend (we are in huge amounts of debt)

2) We dont have any serious long term injuries that we needed cover for

3) We did not need to strengthen our squad this winter

4) We will need to in the Summer - Gk and a Cm is all we really need

5) Chelsea and Liverpool feel the need they need to buy players to Win the league... if we were lying 3rd or 7th I think it may have been different...

tsk, tsk , tsk raikan :p

For some reason i feel u just made this Thread as ur not happy with United's lack of transfer activity, u probably would not have mind if u signed Torres, Suarez or Caroll, no matter how much money u spent

aka. Torres is arguably one of the best strikers in the world

Caroll is probably the best English young striker currently
Suarez has played in the WC Semi-Final, no Man Utd player can say that

I am pretty sure if Man Utd was having a bad season they would spend too, but they are undefeated so its hardly clever Fergie but sensible Fergie

Last edited:
Suarez has played in the WC Final, no Man Utd player can say that
not the final mate :) that was Spain vs Netherlands :)

they made the Semi's :)