Clube Atlético Mineiro- Continuing Traditions

Clube Atlético Mineiro- December part 3

The Other News

View attachment 270757
View attachment 270756
View attachment 270755
View attachment 270754
View attachment 270753

Our Financial Summary at the end of 2015. Won't get into too much detail but the picture above will show you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 270752

Josué Anunciado de Oliveira or simply Josué retire from football after a successful 19 years career. Coming from the Goias youth squad, his first appeared in 1997 in Campeonato Goiano and stayed there for 8 years with 190 appearances and 6 goals before moving to Sao Paulo for 3 seasons. After 61 games and 1 goal, joined German side Wolfsburg for 5 seasons before joining Atletico Mineiro on Free Transfer in 2013. Josue also capped for Brazil 28 times between 2007 and 2010.

Josue honours includes:
Goias: Campeonato Goiano (1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003)
Campeonato Brasileiro Série B (1999)
Copa Centro-Oeste (2000, 2001, 2002)

Sao Paulo: Campeonato Paulista (2005)
Copa Libertadores (2005)
FIFA Club World Cup (2005)
Campeonato Brasileiro Série A (2006, 2007)

Wolfsburg: Bundesliga (2008–09)

Atletico Mineiro: Campeonato Mineiro (2013, 2015)
Copa Libertadores (2013)
Recopa Sudamericana (2014)
Copa do Brasil (2014)

Brazil: Copa América (2007)
FIFA Confederations Cup (2009)

View attachment 270715

But Josue will not be leaving us as he signed a non-playing contract to be our U-20 Assistant Manager.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 270711

But our Assistant Manager Matter will retire at the end of the year. We will announce our new Assistant by January of next year.

View attachment 270708

Great news that our President have increase our scouting to anywhere in the world.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 270707
View attachment 270706

Ballon d'or winner will be announced soon but the favourite to win the award is the usual Ronaldo and Messi with Aguero, Xavi Alonso, Mata and Toure.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copa Sudamericana 2015
View attachment 270702
View attachment 270703

Palmerias won their 2nd Copa Sudamericana (1st time for the new Copa Sudamericana). Palmerias went through Chapecoense 5-2 in the 2nd Preliminary round before meeting Chile's Huachipato. After defeating them 7-0, they met Uruguay's Danubio where they won 5-1. In the Semifinals, they faced fellow countryside Goias and advance to the finals after a 4-0 win over them. The finals they met 2 time Copa Sudamericana winner Boca Juniors and defeated them 4-3. With that win, Palmerias will face Internacional for the Recopa title next year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIFA Club World Cup
View attachment 270691
View attachment 270693

Manchester City have won the Club World Cup thus having the title of Best Club in the World. Automatically placed in the Semifinals, they defeated Mexico's Pumas 3-0. In the finals they defeated South American Champions Internacional 2-1 with goals by Toure and Dzeko.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next post will be a 2015 Review (I promise last 2015 post) and after the 2016 season will start.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- 2015 Review

This post will be a review of our 2015 season with all the highs and lows.

Campeonato Mineiro

View attachment 270668
View attachment 270664
View attachment 270663

Campeonato Mineiro was a success for us as we achieve our minimum goal which was to win the title. Jo had an excellent campaign where he scored 10 goals in 11 games including 6 in the 11-0 win over Vila Nova. Our high point of this campaign was of course our 9th consecutive finals with 5 title, but my high point was the 11-0 win over Vila Nova and 7-0 win over Guarani. We didn't have a low point but that 4-3 lost in the finals, I wish I had a better tactic to withstand better against Cruzeiro attack.

Board Expectation: Win Campeonato Mineiro: Achieved
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copa Libertadores

View attachment 270647
View attachment 270645
View attachment 270636

Copa Libertadores was not the exit that we wanted. I know this competition is hard and I would rather lose to any other team but losing to your rivals in one of the worst feeling of all times. Defeating San Lorenzo and finishing 1st was the highlight of the competition.

Board Expectation: Reach Finals- Failed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copa do Brasil

View attachment 270621
View attachment 270622

This one was a disappointment to me, the players, and mostly the fans. As defending champions, we should have a least reach the semifinals but losing to Atletico Goianense, a team in the 2nd division. This competition had no highlights and obviously the low was not beating them.

Board Expectation: Reach Finals- Failed

Brasileirão Serie A

View attachment 270617View attachment 270616
View attachment 270615

Even though we did not win the title, I consider this a success because media predicted us to finish 4th and we provided them wrong. Finishing 2nd help us get into Copa Libertadores for next year and help us get so funds to strengthen our squad. Our highlight was defeating Corinthians and Palmerias 4-0 and Lucas Pratto being the top scorer of this league in his 1st season with Atletico Mineiro. I wish that could have played better against Chapecoense and Internacional but in the end I am happy.

Board Expectation: Challenge of the Title- Achieved
2016 season NEXT POST​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Awards

Ok, new format of the 2016 season and beyond. I will still do the monthly update but it will be brief (or I'll try to) and each post (Game, Major Injury, Major Transfers) will have their individual post. I know that it may look like I am copying the great xJamieWilliams from his "Jamie Carragher- A Managers Story" (Don't know how to add link, but go read his story), but I'll try not to make a carbon copy of his style. Anyways....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the awards that were handed to in the new year:

View attachment 270433
View attachment 270434

Messi added an trophy to his massive collection

View attachment 270431
View attachment 270432

I know really know whats the difference between the 2 awards but Mata won the World Player of the Year.

View attachment 270430
View attachment 270429

This is the World XI and its World Substitution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the South American awards:

View attachment 270427
View attachment 270428

Atletico Mineiro's Luan won the internet by being the Internet Player of the Year.

View attachment 270423
View attachment 270424

The Brazilian Olympics Committee award Neymar the BOC Footballer of the Year.

View attachment 270422
View attachment 270418

Oscar was the Best Brazilian Player that is playing in Europe.

View attachment 270415
View attachment 270417

Vagner Love is South America Footballer of the Year.

View attachment 270414

South America Team of the Year features Marcos Rocha as the only Atletico Mineiro player. from the 11, 6 players plays in Brazil, 4 from Mexico and 1 from Argentina.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And finally the Atletico Mineiro awards:

View attachment 270412

Marcos Rocha was voted by the fans by a landslide of 78% to become Atletico Mineiro's Player of the Year.

View attachment 270409

Atletico Mineiro Team of the Year.
Next Post will be up​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Injury

View attachment 270404View attachment 270403

Major injury to both of my first 11 players. Injury-prone Guilherme is injured again and will be out for 5 weeks and Victor is out for 7 weeks. Both players will miss pre-season and the beginning of Campeonato Mineiro and hopefully will recover before the start of Copa Libertadores.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Transfers

Major Transfers News coming out from Cidade do Galo. As Atletico Mineiro's President Daniel Nepomuceno held a press conference to announce some major moves:

View attachment 269915

"Hello Everyone. I called this press to announce some changes to our roster. And there will be no Q&A after. Anyways, Patric, Serginho, Elder Santana, and Paulo Henrique all left the club on free transfer and I wish them luck on their playing career. Also two major players were sold today and unfortunately due to the demand of players wanting to play in Europe and big wage offers from some Brazilian clubs, it's very hard to keep them here. So I sadden to announce that both Luan and Andre were sold to Benfica and Palmerias, respective."

View attachment 269913View attachment 269914

"Luan is a very quick player that can make a huge impact when on the field. His hustle and determination was a key factor on why we finished 2nd last year. Last year, he contributed 15 goals and 23 assist in 39 matches with a 7.73 rating. We did not want to sell him but we received a record offer that was very hard not to turn down. So in the end I wish him luck and hope all the best with Benfica."

View attachment 269912
View attachment 269911

(The previous record transfer fee is incorrect. In 2013, we sold Bernard to Shakhtar Donetsk for £18 million.)

View attachment 269904View attachment 269905

​"Andre is a player that we had since 2011 but unfortunately due to being now a third choice striker behind Pratto and the upcoming Carlos, who on loan at FC Kobenhavn, both parties felt like the best decision was to sell Andre to continue his development as a top striker in the Brasileirão and not being the main guy here wasn't the best situation. So best of luck to him."

"But not only we have players leaving the club today, we also have players that we are proudly to have in our club. Sherman Cardenas joining us permanently from Atletico Nacional after a year long loan with us, Felipe Santana from Schalke 04, Jadson and Diego Claudino from free transfer, and our biggest acquisition, Ramires from Chelsea in a year long loan."

View attachment 269900View attachment 269901
"Sherman Cardenas had an amazing trial with us during his year loan with us. As a attacking midfielder, he helped us create a lot of chances and had a 90% pass rate. Unfortunately his season was shorten due to a injury that put him out for 5 months. But I am excited for him to help us in Copa Libertadores and the Brasileirão"

View attachment 269898View attachment 269899

"Felipe Santana is a strong centre-back that can make any opposition strikers difficult to pay against. He a team player that wants the team to succeed and is very determined with his skills and teammate. I believe his a team leader and can help Leonardo Silva and Diego Lugano with the leadership to mentor our young defenders. With his experience with Champion League, I certain he will be a huge boost when Copa Libertadores is played."

View attachment 269896View attachment 269895

"Jadson was released by Corinthians after the 2015 season and I knew that I need him in my club. He is a light-hearted player that can help cheer up the team if we can down. He can play in multiple position that can be advantageous for us if we ever need it. Diego Claudino is a upcoming defender that I believe that he will be one of the important players in Brasileirão."

View attachment 269891

"Ramires is a player that can be a difference maker in the pitch. He is a very pacey player that has Copa Libertadores experience and can help us win. As a former Cruzeiro player, I am excited that he will terrorize his former team. Hopefully in the one year loan, he can help us improve our squad."

"So that is it for our press conference. Thank You"

Last edited:
Clube Atlético Mineiro- Friendly

View attachment 269889

Only two preseason game since Compeonato Mineiro will be played on January 31st. The game that we will play is against is Second-Division Parana and Third Division ASA. Tried getting Estudiantes for our annual friendly match but due to schedule conflict it was postponed.

Paraná Clube vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 269888

This lineup was mixed between first choice and reverse and I was very proud with my team with this result. 30 shots with 17 on target. Even for a preseason game, this performance made me excited for Campeonato Minerio.

Agremiação Sportiva Arapiraquense vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 269887

Another mixed lineup and another good win. Even though we only scored one goal, the chances and possession was amazing.

View attachment 269885

Our result for the preseason portion, now Campeonato Mineiro will begin.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Campeonato Mineiro

View attachment 269884

If you want a brief summary on the State Championship, go to my 8th post of this thread.

Another Campeonato Mineiro will begin. We are the defending champion after we defeated our most hated rivals, Cruzeiro, in a 5-4 aggregate win. The board wants us to win the competition and I agree with him. This competition is not really important compared to Copa Libertadores that will be played during the same time, but if we are playing for a title, I WANT THAT TITLE. This competition will at like an extended preseason segment but I will this make my team competitive.

My first team focus will be the Copa Libertadores matches but my substitutions and upcoming young players will see some game time here. The only time that I might put my first team will be against Cruzerio on February 7th.

Here are the fixtures for this competition:

View attachment 269871

February 7th and 28th will be games against our rivals.

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Ipatinga Esporte Clube

View attachment 269845
View attachment 269847
View attachment 269846

First game on the season and first win of many in this season. Great game overall by our team. Both Flavio and Wescley scored their first professional goal of their career and showed many promises. Newcomer Diego Claudino had an OK game but was subbed in the 90th minute as he was tired.

Flavio scored in the 41st minute with a well timed close ranged shot after Wescley assisted the ball. The 48th minute, Cirigliano amazing play with a back heel pass that found a open Wescley and scored on the bottom left corner. Ipatinga pulled one in the 64th minute after Nilo Eduardo scored a volley on a corner kick.

Next match will be an away game against Villa Nova.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Villa Nova Atlético Clube

View attachment 269818
View attachment 269817
View attachment 269816

Dominate win against Villa Nova. Last time we faced them, it was an 11-0 win for us at home and this year was almost the same thing but with less goals. Jadson debuted for his new club with a goal.

The game started quickly with a goal by Renan Oliveria with a well timed pass by Wescley. Unfortunately, Renan had to leave the game with an injury in the 5th minute but good news that he will be available for next match. Cardenas doubled the lead in the 12th after a powerful shot inside the 18 yard box. Jadson scored a penalty in the 19th minute after Wescley was taken down. 4 minutes later, Edcarlos scored a header after a Jadson crossed it. Cardenas scored his 2nd goal and Atletico 5th and final goal after a beautiful from outside the box and hit the crossbar to go in.

Next match will a BIG match against Cruzeiro back at home​

View attachment 269307

OH NO, now my backup keeper is injured. With a big game against Cruzeiro in a couple of day, Uilson, my 21 year old goalkeeper will make his season debut on February 7th.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Cruzeiro Esporte Clube

View attachment 269306
View attachment 269303
View attachment 269302

A win against our rival is one of the greatest feeling of all times. This is the first SuperClassico Mineiro of the season and hopefully we can continue this trend. Ramires stared on his first game against his former team. Uilson played a great game today and I have great faith in him of the future.

The game started with a controversial call in the 5th minute that the official denied a penatly for Cruzeiro. Pratto started the scoring with in the 19th minute after an costly error by Williams passing the ball back to the keeper softly and Pratto took advantage. Cruzeiro leveled the game after a own goal by Datolo after misheader a clearance and it the back of his own team net. Junior Cesar was forced to leave the game in the 37th minute after Marquinhos challenged him and will be out for 4 weeks. Just before half, Marquinhos give Cruzeiro a 2-1 lead with a well placed shot from outside the box.

Pierre tied the game on the 58th minute with a good effort from 14 metres and Pratto completed the comeback with shot that was deflected by the keeper to go in at the 73rd minute mark. But Pratto had to leave the game at the dying moment with an injury but will be ok.

The next match will be against Tombense at home.

View attachment 269301

Now with Junior Cesar out for 4 weeks, Emerson Conceicao and Cesar will both be the replacement of the player.​

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Copa Libertadores

View attachment 269296

Copa Libertadores aka the Champions League of South America will have their group stage draw soon and we are in the 3rd pot. This will our 8th Copa Libertadores and our 4 straight appearance. The preliminary round were played and the final 6 teams have qualified to the group stage and will be placed in the 4th pot with the 2 Mexican teams.

After the first to rounds of the drawn were called, we picked 6th in the 3rd round and now placed in Group F. Here are the result for Group F:

View attachment 269295 View attachment 269294

View attachment 269293View attachment 269292

View attachment 269291

Clube Atlético Mineiro is facing Club Atlético Tigre from Argentina, Danubio Fútbol Club from Uruguay, and Deportivo Anzoátegui Sport Club from Venezuela. This will be the first time that we will face any of them in this competition.

And are fixtures of this group:

View attachment 269287

The rest of the groups are:

View attachment 269289 View attachment 269288

Clube Atlético Mineiro vs Tombense Futebol Clube

View attachment 268527
View attachment 268526
View attachment 268525

Great win against Tombense. Flavio is shocking the world with his goal scoring ability and I'm excited for our future. Diego Lugano received a automatic red and will miss the next match.

Marion started the scoring in the 15th minute with a header after a cross by Emerson Conceicao. In the 25th minute, Flavio scored with a good finish from close range. In the 60th minute, Diego Lugano received a automatic red card after a 2 leg tackle that hacked Hugo.

Next match will be an away game against Tupi.​

View attachment 268523

Jeez, Ramires is out for 4 weeks and will the first 2 Copa Libertadores matches and hopefully will be available for the Tigre game in Belo Horizonte​

Tupi Football Club vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 268515
View attachment 268514
View attachment 268512

5 wins of 5. Flavio is putting a performance of a lifetime here with 4 goals in 4 games and Giovanni Augusto had a great match today with 2 goals and a Man of the Match award.

Giovanni Augusto scored late in the 1st half with an incisive finish from 14 metres. Tupi leveled the game early in the 2nd half from a counter attack from a Leandro Donizete mistake and Ademilson took advantage. Flavio scored is 4th goal in 4 games in the 58th after taking advantage of Paulinho's mistake. Giovanni Augusto capped of the victory with another mistake by a Tupi player's Rodolfo Testoni and took advantage.

Next match will be 1st Copa Libertadores match against Danubio in Uruguay.​

Last edited:
Clube Atlético Mineiro- Recopa Sudamericana

View attachment 268502

View attachment 268494
View attachment 268493

Palmerias won their 1st ever Recopa title after beating the Copa Libertadores Champions Internacional 3-2 on aggregate. Recopa is the Copa Libertadores champions vs the Copa Sudamericana champions with the Sudamericana champions always having the 1st leg. Usually the games are played in July and August but due to the Centennial Copa America happening this year, the Recopa was played in February.

Clube Atlético Mineiro- Copa Libertadores

Danubio Fútbol Club vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 268472
View attachment 268471
View attachment 268470

First game of Copa Libertadores and first win of this competition. We played one of our best games in this very young season and I believe if we play like this, we can go very far in this competition. This game was made even easier with the red card for Danubio player. Cardenas played one of his best games of his career and it just proves that this signing was one of the better signing we had this season.

Lucas Pratto scored in the 7th minute terrorized Tabare Olivera after an error where Pratto took advantage of it. Sherman Cardenas doubled the lead with a spectator shot from outside the box in the 27th minute. Matias Velazquez made things harder after he received an automatic red card for a bad tackle against Datolo. Pratto added his 2nd goal with a simple shot from close range in the 47th minute. Cardenas hit his 2nd with a powerful shot from range and completed his Hat-Trick in the 83rd minute with another powerful shot from close range.

Next match will be an away game against our local rivals America Mineiro.​

América Futebol Clube vs Clube Atlético Mineiro

View attachment 268463
View attachment 268461
View attachment 268460

After an convincing win over Danubio in Copa Libertadores, this game was boring match that only the red card was the highlight of the match. But now we are in first place with 18 points with 6 wins.

Tabata scored the only goal of the match in the 22nd minute after a great effort from 16 metres. In the 60th minute Marion was injured and had to leave the match and will miss 6-7 weeks. Newly acquired Jadson received his 2nd yellow in 8 minutes and now will miss the next Campeonato Mineiro match against Caldense.

Next match will be a home game against Caldense

Marion is out for 7 weeks with a sprained ankle:

View attachment 268455

Last edited: