Clubs 'wanted to let Pompey die'

• Thread starter Thread starter J0k3r
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 6K

J0k3r

Reaction score
Premier League clubs wanted Portsmouth to go to the wall when the extent of their financial problems emerged last season, the club's legal team claims.

...The other clubs wanted "to boot Pompey out there and then," Sheldon said.
He added: "The clubs wanted Portsmouth to go to the wall and divide all the TV money among themselves."

Link

Very very sad and dissapointing

The only thing that interests clubs nowadays is money, football has become a business, I'm not really surprised by that but at the end of the day, Portsmouth got themselves into this mess and it doesn't mean anyone should bail them out.

Can't blame them, we owe a few clubs quite a bit still and they want there money which they're entitled to.

i agree with witsel, but i care a little bit because i live in portsmouth, but no one battered an eyelid when chelsea nearly went bust in 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with witsel, but i care a little bit because i live in portsmouth, but no one battered an eyelid when chelsea nearly went bust in 2003.

Yeah, but people like Pompey.

Said on SSN Pompey may go out of business if they fail in tomorrow's case. Result at 3PM

Don't complain nobody batted an eyelid then.

i didn't complain i said i care because i live in portsmouth but i dont care when it happens to wimbledon, leeds, southampton, liverpool and man utd etc. no complaining in that.

To us fans football is a religion, i personally would be lost if i could never go an see Liverpool again. Unfortunetaly though, as you get higher up the ranks within any football team it becomes less about the football, the club, fans its history and more about the business. Business can be ruthless which pompey have found - but to lose a football club in these cirumstances - i wouldnt even wish that on my Evetron/Man U counterparts. Good Luck Pompey!

It is understandable that other clubs wanted Portsmouth to collapse, Portsmouth cheated and stole money from other clubs as a result so punishment is required.

Personally I hope they do go out of business as they have been irresponsible financially and dont deserve a place in a league that a club that budgets well and atleast breaks even would jump at the chance to take their place.

I hope Portsmouth don't go out of bussiness. Not only is it one less game on my season ticket, but there fans have to genuinely be some of the most passionate fans in England. I believe they will survive but I believe a point deduction will be likely from the Football League if they go into Administration.

On the other hand clubs like Cardiff are a prime example why Portsmouth should surivive. Cardiff have had 3 winding up orders and survived by the skin of their teeth each time. It shouldn't be the case of one rule for one club and another rule for another.

I hope pompey surive, Fratton park is on the list of away days i'm looking forward to this season.

Football is a business, like anything else. What a lot of people don't realise is that to the chairman and the people who spend their lives trying to keep every club running, they don't need the supporters. The revenue made from weekly tickets and seasons tickets, plus the money made in the shop, is less than 1% of the money clubs makes. Football is not a religion, people saying they would die without it. If that were true we wouldn't be here because generations before football wouldn't have survived. Remember, clubs may say they care about the fans, but it has no relevance what they say to how the club is run.

Well tbh, If you wasn't glory hunting and supported Portsmouth then you wouldnt of cared about Chelsea either in 2003

Oh by the way, Luis Garcia... Enough said.

Joel

It would be harsh on the fans if they went bust, but in all fairness the owners deserve to be punished. after all, a premier league club (at the time) will ALWAYS be able to generate profit from prize money, gates etc. on top of that, what happened to the money from johnson, crouch, defoe, diarra, muntari?

Back