Clubs 'wanted to let Pompey die'

• Thread starter Thread starter J0k3r
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 6K
well looks like pompy are alive for now, though i'm betting HMRC wil be in the appeals court

I'm hoping HMRC will give up on this case, but it's unlikely, they seem quite happy to pursue it.

I'm hoping HMRC will give up on this case, but it's unlikely, they seem quite happy to pursue it.
they wont. they are determined to get this lankmark ruling, and to **** with portsmouth basically. really hope they get shot down again, and pompy survive

HMRC apparently aren't appealing, according to SSN.

No appeal by HMRC. Superb stuff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8886009.stm

We are naturally disappointed not to have won this appeal and we can confirm that we do not intend to appeal," said an HMRC statement.

"Our aim when pursuing debt of any kind is to achieve a fair outcome for the taxpayer and we will take this forward in the wider context of the football industry through separate and outstanding legal proceedings over the status of the so called "Football Creditors Rule".

This is off topic but how do you get the blue name or green name and a picture?

Donate to Portsmouth Football Club. :)

Great news. Hopefully all this will get sorted out sooner or later.

Well tbh, If you wasn't glory hunting and supported Portsmouth then you wouldnt of cared about Chelsea either in 2003

Oh by the way, Luis Garcia... Enough said.

Joel

glory hunting....Chelsea.... in 1995!!!! i see your logic.

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but does nobody else find it funny that the judge's name is Mr Justice Mann?

well how would u react if people kept saying you are a glory hunter when it clearly isen't the truth??

it happens to you on every thread, i would of thought you would of got used to it by now, and maybe PM or VM them over it.

yes its annoying to be labelled a gloryhunter but VM him to argue. any more and ill hand out infractions

well how would u react if people kept saying you are a glory hunter when it clearly isen't the truth??
Support your local team mate, I'm not calling you a gloryhunter, my mate is a Man U fan who still goes to the games despite living in Surrey; you are lucky enough to have a team on your doorstep :)

Support your local team mate, I'm not calling you a gloryhunter, my mate is a Man U fan who still goes to the games despite living in Surrey; you are lucky enough to have a team on your doorstep :)

its not that easy when your family support chelsea and it was the first team i knew, the first team i went to see play. show me where it says you have to support your local team and i promise i will swap....

its not that easy when your family support chelsea and it was the first team i knew, the first team i went to see play. show me where it says you have to support your local team and i promise i will swap....
It doesn't say it anywhere; I think supporting the local/ localish team is a norm :)

stay on topic both of you. VM, PM, email, **** even swap numbers. just not on the thread

good

Portsmouth cheated, they buy players/success they didnt have money to buy. why are they now playing the victim. I am sorry the tax man didnt win the case against cheating football clubs. now what this ruling means is that if you want success you dont have to earn it the honest way, just pay with money you dont have then cry like little girls and go into admin, pay less money and start again.

One solution would be if portmouth still have players they "brought" from other clubs and they cant pay the full transfer fee those players should be given to the original club free so they can sell to honest clubs

Last edited by a moderator:
Back