Clueless Kaarto manages Hednesford Town F.C.

2016/17 LEAGUE RESULTS #4

View attachment 237167

If only we could get lucky and turn some of these draws into wins. Same as seasons past, it is our attack struggling while our defence holds the opposition well. I honestly don't understand how I can consistently have a early season surge and a late season drop-off every single season.

Last edited:
2016/17 CUP RESULTS

View attachment 237166

I don't particularly care about cups.

Great FM story update, spectacular attention to detail but lacks excitement. 9/10.

Last edited:
2016/17 LEAGUE RESULTS #5

View attachment 237165

Our usual late season pathetic performances. We managed to ruin our unbeaten streak at Keys Park, losing our last two fixtures at home. While we've ended up in the play-off's, it's only just and I don't expect us to mount a serious challenge. We'll see how we go, maybe we'll get some random playoff luck in the season where I don't deserve to be promoted.

Last edited:
2016/17 CONFERENCE LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 237164

We've finished up in 5th in one of the closest leagues I've seen. 2 more wins and we are automatically promoted, 1 more loss and we aren't even in the play-offs. Not a terrible season after getting promoted, but of course I want to be that guy that goes from Division 6 to the Champions League in about 4 seasons. I just realised that this screenshot spoils the fact that we didn't get promoted, so I guess I'll abandon the suspense and chuck the playoff's results up straight afterwards.

Last edited:
2016/17 LEAGUE PLAYOFFS

View attachment 237163

We easily battered FC Halifax both home and away to get ourselves into the final. With promotion on the table Ebbsfleet took control of the game early and never let go. While right winger Wes York gave us hope in the 58th minute we were never on top and Ebbsfleet finished us off. We didn't deserve to get promoted, but this is just another lost playoff final to add to the tally.

Last edited:
Tough break in the playoff final mate! Would have been awesome to move up into the football leagues!

2016/17 SQUAD REVIEW

View attachment 237035

Our first season signing Scott Shulton is again our finest player, with a dominant average rating of 7.36, even though his stats are inflated due to penalties. Left back Marcos Painter was great when he played, but he only managed 20 starts due to constant niggling injuries. Winger Danny Barrow took the next step this season, being a part of 24 goals this season. I'm hoping to sign him on a free when his loan deal ends. The Love brothers performed very well while Striker Matthew Fletcher slotted another 15 goals, as he does every season. As always, I'm looking to clear out anyone below the 6.8 threshold to strengthen the side for promotion next season.

Last edited:
2017/18 (Season 4)

MANAGER STATS
View attachment 237023
I am slowly improving as a manager.

STATUS
View attachment 237022
The board randomly decided to become professional during the pre-season. The club is already hemorrhaging money without this change, so I have no idea why the club saw this as a good choice. To add to that, now anyone I bring in on a transfer wants ridiculous wages compared to before. But on the plus side, some higher quality players want to join the club.

TRANSFERS
View attachment 237020
I've cleared some under performers out of the club. The only real notable out is Marcos Painter, who got injured again, so I just released him to free the wage budget. Surely that violates some sort of workers right, but FM isn't that detailed. Since we turned professional, the wage budget wasn't large enough for me to overhaul the first team. Maddison (AMC), Alfei (DC), Brown (DL) and Clarke (MC) were just backup's, to replace all the backup's I've just released. I've kept faith in our first team, but added 3 key additions.

TRANSFERS IN

Thomas Rogne (DC)
View attachment 237019
Rogne is easily the best player to walk through our doors in this save thus far. With 15's everywhere for all key centre back stats, I think he'll be an absolute rock for us this season.

Lescinel Jean-Francois (DC)
View attachment 237018
Jean is another key defensive signing, with rounded attributes all around the board. He can also fill in at left back if need be.

Alex Marrow (MC)
View attachment 237017
I never felt like Godfrey Poku was doing the job I wanted as our defence minded midfielder, so I released him and brought in Marrow. Just like our other two signings, he is amazing for this level in every category. Hopefully these 3 signings will earn us some vital points and we can push for promotion again in the Conference.

Last edited:
Rogne should be a great signing at that level. I tried to get him to come to Notts County, in League 1, but he wouldnt come!

2017/18 LEAGUE RESULTS #1

View attachment 236822

We've had a disappointing run so far in the league. I was hoping to romp the league so seeing these sub-par results is concerning. Both of our losses have only been by a goal, so hopefully we can just get lucky and turn those into wins in the future. Danny Barrow has been our best performer, scoring 5 times from left wing.

Last edited:
2017/18 LEAGUE RESULTS #2

View attachment 236818

Our average form is continuing. We've stopped coming close and started being soundly beaten both home and away. The squad is going to have to lift their performances to push for promotion again.

Last edited:
2017/18 LEAGUE RESULTS #3

View attachment 236817

The squad has awoken! We carried through the form from the 6-0 drubbing of Wealdstone all the way through these results. Our whole team is contributing to the scoresheet and the defence has finally learned to work together, only conceding 6 times.

Last edited:
2017/18 LEAGUE RESULTS #4

View attachment 236781

Our solid form was simply a false alarm. We still aren't accumulating points either home or away, with quite a few one goal losses. I wouldn't completely cross out promotion as a possibility, but I'm not feeling positive.

Last edited:
2017/18 LEAGUE RESULTS #5

View attachment 236769

We have lost the Conference play-off semi final to Macclesfield and will be staying in the Conference yet again. Our form continued to be characteristically patchy through the end of the regular season, and this continued into our playoff. We went 1-0 up at home and drew 1-1. We went 2-0 up away and lost 3-2. Just wasn't to be.

Last edited:
2017/18 CONFERENCE LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 236766

We've finished up in 4th once again, although we managed 4 more points than last season.

Last edited:
2017/18 SQUAD REVIEW

View attachment 236740

Our best player was our signing Jean-Francois, a reliable rock down back. Next was winger Danny Barrow, still here on loan, who keeps improving his contribution season by season. Shulton had another great season, along with regular first team players Ben Bailey, Donald Love and Archie Love. Right midfielder York excelled with 12 goals, while season 1 signing Matthew Fletcher came away with his best return yet of 23 goals. Thomas Rogne was pretty disappointing, constantly injured and not performing particularly well when playing. Signing Alex Marrow was another huge disappointment, being our highest earner but only producing an average rating of 6.76.

Last edited:
2018/19 (Season 5)

MANAGER STATS
View attachment 236503

TRANSFERS
View attachment 236502
We've had to say goodbye to marquee signing Rogne after just 1 season. The club is financially weak and I'll take whatever extra funds we can get. We released central defender Jordan Keane who was signed back in 2015, after 111 appearances in 3 seasons. He was a useful hand back in the Conference North but since promotion he has only been a rotation option. Winger Billy Bodin is also gone, having never cemented himself in the first team. He managed 68 appearances in 2 seasons, mostly off the bench. He only managed 8 goals and 5 assists.

TRANSFERS IN

Jack Barmby (AML)
View attachment 236482
Barmby looks to be the exact winger we need to increase our attacking potency. He was signed from a club called Rushall Olympic in the Northern Premier League Premier Division. I've been following them for a few seasons, and they basically managed to assemble a squad of amazing League 2 quality players. All of their players were on huge wages as well. For some reason, they never managed to get promoted, and eventually it must of crumbled financially as all of their players left.

Kwame Thomas (ST)
View attachment 236477
We've signed Thomas as some competition for Matthew Fletcher. Strikers in this game seem to score in patches, so I wanted to be able to switch strikers in and out without having to cope with goal droughts. Thomas looks to be a very similiar quality to Fletcher and I'm looking forward to watching him bang them in.

Mikkel Pedersen (MC)
View attachment 236474
Pedersen is a very useful loan signing in from Liverpool. As I always look for in my central midfielders he has decent attributes in the 3 categories. I expect him to be a regular first team performer.

Tosin Adarabioyo (DC)
View attachment 236473
Another signing to bolster the first team to push for promotion. We got rid of central defenders Rogne and Keane so it's only right we sign another two.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell
View attachment 236472
My second central defender signing, Ethan should challenge Bailey, Jean-Francois and Adarabioyo to be in our preferred back four.

Connor Smith (MC)
View attachment 236471
Yet another signing in pursuit of a player who can hold down our defensive midfield role. Godfrey Poku and Alex Marrow have failed before him.

Last edited: