Clueless Kaarto manages Hednesford Town F.C.

2018/19 LEAGUE RESULTS #1

View attachment 236399

We've started off this season in emphatic style, winning our first 9 fixtures. Fletcher has been challenged by the signing of Kwame Thomas, and has responded brilliantly with 7 goals thus far. Our new signings have been dominating, with winger Jack Barmby collecting assists for fun while Danny Barrow continues to improve. All is good at Keys Park so far this season.

2018/19 LEAGUE RESULTS #2

View attachment 236397

Our away form dropped off considerably, but as long as we are winning at Keys Park it isn't that bad. I think we've finally strengthened the attack enough for consistent goals to come from a number of players, but now our defence is lapsing a little. We conceded 7 in those first 3 matches, before we switched back on and started churning out wins once again.

Reckon you might sneak a play off win this season mate ;)

2018/19 LEAGUE RESULTS #3

View attachment 236236

Our form is solid and we are steamrolling toward Sky Bet League 2. Matthew Fletcher is sitting out with an injury, and this time Kwame Thomas is capitalising, netting 9 times in 10 games. We even managed to demolish a team 6-1 away from home, giving our 4 travelling supporters something to cheer. It's a two horse race on top of the table, we are very close to Bristol Rovers but a margin clear of other challengers. There is only one automatic promotion spot in the Conference and we are being challenged for it.

2018/19 LEAGUE RESULTS #4

View attachment 236168

I assume that teams have worked us out at this point, and decided to start sitting back and countering. 1 goal from open play in 6 fixtures simply isn't good enough. This is where a decent manager would make an astute tactical change, but instead I just abuse my players about their form and demand more.

2018/19 LEAGUE RESULTS #5

View attachment 236167

But the form is back. I didn't change anything so perhaps the lapse wasn't the fault of the tactic. Kwame Thomas has made a habit of winning us games off his own boot, single-handedly winning two games. With 6 fixtures left we are neck and neck with Bristol Rovers at the top of the table, and it could go either way. Our next fixture is against Bristol Rovers away, so that could very well decide whether we finish in 1st.

2018/19 CUP RESULTS

View attachment 236166

We actually managed to end up in the final of the FA Trophy, but we couldn't handle the pressure of a cup final. It would of been nice to add something to the trophy cabinet next to the Conference North title. Making the FA Cup second round isn't a bad effort either.

2018/19 LEAGUE RESULTS #6

View attachment 236151

We failed against Bristol Rovers 1-2, putting them above us in the race for the title. But the squad showed that they are made of sterner stuff, re-focusing and collecting win after win. Going into the second last tie against Gateshead, we were sitting in second with 92 points, one point behind Bristol. But they slipped up with a draw while we were victorious 4-2. We travelled to Woking only 1 point clear at the top of the table. Wes York fired in 2 goals in 3 minutes and we hung on to the victory to guarantee our promotion. The Bristol Rovers also won their final match up, meaning we have clinched the title by a solitary point.

Congratulations mate - you'll be in the premiership in no time!

Congrats! (H)

Just a little feedback on posting style: It would be nice to see a league table now and again...

Last edited:
2018/19 CONFERENCE LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 236129

We've scraped through into League 2 by just one point, with Bristol being quite unlucky. They went up anyway through the playoffs so they won't be fussed.

2018/19 SQUAD REVIEW

View attachment 236128

New signing Jack Barmby was our best player, playing a part in 30 goals from the wing. Our other winger Danny Barrow wasn't far behind, playing a part in 24. Scott Shulton had another injury plagued season but was quality when he got on the pitch. Lee Brown was a surprise package as a loan signing, becoming a solid hand at left back. The striker battle between Fletcher and Thomas was actually won by Thomas, who scored 6 more goals. Bailey and Jean-Francois did the job down back while Pederson, Love and Smith controlled the midfield. It's actually going to be difficult to know who to release to strengthen the side for a new league, with only 2 clear under performers.

2019/20 (Season 6)

MANAGER STATS
View attachment 236120
I am steadily improving my skills.

STATUS
View attachment 236108

Hopefully this means I won't be fired after 2 weeks in League 2.

TRANSFERS
View attachment 236119
We've said goodbye to defender Lescinel Jean-Francois after 2 seasons. He is old and I already saw him decline last season. He made 77 appearances at a 7+ rating, helping us greatly. Alex Marrow was a disappointment and ended up as a backup. Alfei was only a backup and he is now gone. Wes York was a valuable winger for his 3 seasons, appearing 135 times and contributing 25 goals along with 23 assists. I'd love to show more loyalty to players like this but when I'm trying to move up the leagues it isn't viable. We also said goodbye to Ben Bailey, after 6 seasons with me and 12 years at Hednesford overall. The centre back has our most league appearances with 361, which is a record I am unlikely to break. Lee, Dimaio and Arnett were one month loans to cover injuries.

TRANSFERS IN

Scott Arfield (MC)
View attachment 236115
We've managed to snag the former Burnley midfielder down to Keys Park. I only know him because he scored an absolute blinder against Chelsea early in the EPL season. He looks great for this level and I'm stoked I've nabbed him.

Sergi Canos (AMR)
View attachment 236113
Sergi is an exciting Spaniard who should patrol the wings with speed and technical ability. He might even be able to improve a little bit through first team football.

Max Ehmer (DC)
View attachment 236112
I recognised Max from QPR and decided we probably needed to add more experience from higher divisions into the squad. I've possibly overpaid on wages but I wanted to bring in a quality defender.

William Noubissie (DC)
View attachment 236111
Our first regen signing of the save. Because he is a regen he didn't want extreme wages and therefore makes a perfect young backup.

Marlon Pack (MC)
View attachment 236110
This is another effort to add some more quality to the side. Marlon should play in our supporting midfield role and do well.

Kieran Wallace (DL)
View attachment 236109
Kieran's lack of tackling is concerning, but hopefully we can train it to be higher and he can challenge for a first team role at left back.

Well done on the promotion! Will have to get caught up on this story, fell a few pages behind lately :p

Keep it up :)

TACTICS

View attachment 235942

I've tweaked the tactic once again. I've decided to use a holding midfielder for more stability. Right winger Canos (IF/S) will cut in, leaving space for Love (FB/A) to overlap and whip in some crosses. Hopefully Kwame Thomas (F9) can open up the space to play my dangerous wingers through on goal. We'll see how it performs.

FRIENDLIES

View attachment 235941

Just read through the whole of this so far today. Great going so far and looking forward to seeing how your first season in league football goes!

2019/20 LEAGUE RESULTS #1

View attachment 235900

We've dealt okay with the step up, getting a mixed bag of results to put us straight into upper mid-table. Scott Arfield has been invaluable in getting us some valuable wins, while Barmby and Thomas have stepped up to the new level. This higher level of football has revealed some defensive frailties, which is the main difference between this season and last.