Clueless Kaarto manages Hednesford Town F.C.

Just caught up with your story from the beginning, congratulations on getting to the Prem, great achievement! Looking forward to seeing how you get on in the big league.. Champions League spot next season??

Considering the board have coughed up 3 million for me to spend, I think a Champions League spot is a bit ambitious.

Well done on getting to the Premier League :) I dream of one day doing the same thing.

What sort of budgets have you got now and have your facilities improved much?

I have 3 mil transfer and about 100K wage budget. Basically, they expect us to go straight back down so they've coughed up nothing. The club has been running at a loss the whole save, so I've only had a chance to start upgrading facilites when I sold my striker for 9 mil last season. I think we now have below average youth facilities, and basic training facilites, but they are in the process of being upgraded.

Hednesford stadium (If only there was a legendary manager to name it after) has started being built as well.

2023/2024 SQUAD REVIEW

View attachment 230773

Paulinho was easily our star performer, playing a part in 28 goals in just 24 appearances. Our loan striker Adam Watts and backup striker Raymond Kameni did a good job early in the season before Paulinho took over. Christie, Ulvestad and Hanousek were nifty loan signings who bolstered the first team. It is the end of the lethal Jack Barmby/Sergi Canos wing combination, with Canos leaving to Zaragoza and Barmby wanting stupid wages. Any player with under a 7 average rating should be worried about their place at the club.

2024/2025 (Season 11)

MANAGER STATS
View attachment 230766

TRANSFERS
View attachment 230765
Left winger Jack Barmby has been released after failing to agree on a new contract. He made 297 appearances for the club, scoring 82 times and laying off 76 assists. Right winger Sergi Canos is also on the move, having made 234 appearances, with 59 goals and 65 assists. Both have been factors in taking us to the Premier League, so it’s a shame they won’t get to enjoy the spoils. I haven’t been able to do a whole lot in the market due to the board giving me nothing to work with. Foderingham (GK), Brownhill (MC), Ledesma (MC), Prieto (AML) and Joaquim (DC) have all been signed as backup. Defensive midfielder Mick Christie is back on loan for another year.

TRANSFERS IN

Marco Verratti (MC)
View attachment 230764
Verratti is the only permanent signing I’ve made that actually improves the squad. Chelsea let his contract expire and Verratti wouldn’t let me approach him with a contract. However, I declared interest in the media and then he let me talk to him. He will slot straight into the Advanced Playmaker role, and is also the new captain.

Cristian Roberti (DR)
View attachment 230763
A season long loan signing from Juventus, Roberti will slot straight into the side in front of Dieme, who isn’t quite up to scratch for the top flight. I’m surprised Juventus have listed him, surely he’s good enough to at least be a rotation option for their side.

Hernani (AMR)
View attachment 230761
Hernani is another loan signing to replace the wingers I’ve lost. He looks pretty solid all around but I assume he’ll deteriorate during the season.

Simon Pons (DC)
View attachment 230760
Pons is yet another loan signing, because I needed a better central defender to partner William Noubissie.

2024/2025 LEAGUE RESULTS #1

View attachment 230684

I’m surprised that we are competing this well considering the lack of additions to the squad. We only lost to heavyweights Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. Paulinho went ballistic to drag us to some wins. He’s currently unhappy because he was wanted by 36 clubs and I wasn't going to let him go. Luckily his grievances aren't affecting his performance.

2024/2025 LEAGUE RESULTS #2

View attachment 230637

As long as we keep winning the occasional match we will survive in the Premier League. Our 5-1 win over Swansea was particularly pleasing, as Swansea are buried in the relegation battle and we pushed further away from them.

Just caught up mate - congrats on getting to the Prem mate! Great achievement!

2024/2025 LEAGUE RESULTS #3

View attachment 230326

Our form has dropped slightly but it’s mainly because of a difficult run of fixtures. I want to get to 40 points (apparently the magic number for survival) as quickly as possible, just to feel safer than I do right now.

Last edited:
2024/2025 JANUARY TRANSFER SPECIAL

TRANSFERS
View attachment 230111

The club has been running at a huge profit, so going into January the board finally coughed up some money for me to spend. Angel Ledesma has been sold at a profit after only 6 months at the club, he was a desperate signing and I’m glad to send him packing. Bielik and Milic are also gone, who both played well in the first team in lower divisions.

TRANSFERS IN

Sebastian Kula (DC)
View attachment 230110
I have splashed more than 12 million on a young first team central defender. I think that I have overpaid but the ideal signing for me at this point is to buy younger players that already improve the first team, but will also keep growing. Kula fits those criteria and will hopefully lock down the defence for years to come.

David Foucault (MC)
View attachment 230109
Our second signing of January is Foucalt for 6 million. I’m hoping his lethal passing and technique will feed the strikers from attacking midfield. His low dribbling is a concern but hopefully his other attributes make up for it.

Kula looks insane!!

Hopefully he'll help shore up the defence and then the results start coming. :)

2024/2025 LEAGUE RESULTS #4

View attachment 230061

I wish some of those 0-1 losses could have been draws just to steal a few extra points. Paulinho’s moral has dropped further due to wanting to leave and he has stopped scoring completely. There is now a worrying lack of goals coming from our attack. We are lucky that we managed to ****** those three 1-0 wins or we could be in real strife.

Sheesh, thats a tough patch. So many 1-0 losses would have me pulling my hair out!

2024/2025 CUP RESULTS

View attachment 230042

We’ve taken home some more silverware, this time the Capital One Cup. We fluked it past Manchester City in a tight encounter. Ultimately I want to win every cup with Hednesford, and this is another crossed off the list.

2024/2025 LEAGUE RESULTS #5

View attachment 229971

We’ve survived in the Premier League and finished up in lower mid-table. I never felt comfortable throughout the season but we avoided the relegation zone by 11 points. Paulinho is an issue at this stage, he is still unhappy and going through 10 match scoring droughts. I’m not a selling club, my aim is to have success as quickly as possible. But if my star player is going to play terribly because he’s upset, should I cash in? I don’t really know. Still, we’ve finished in a comfortable position with little investment.

2024/2025 PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 229801

We’ve finished in 13th​ place. I think the EC next to my name is meant to mean I’ve qualified for the Euro Cup because I won the Capital One Cup? This is where my real life football knowledge is lacking, I don’t know. This has been a great consolidation season, but now I need the board to give me some funds to work with.

Great work mate, sure you'll build on that!

Must admit, I'm a bit sketchy on the EC qualification as well... :S

Think you're spot on with the Europa League (EURO Cup) qualification thanks to your capital one cup victory.

Great stuff mate thats a fantastic achievement taking Hednesford into Europe!