Clueless Kaarto manages Hednesford Town F.C.

2021/2022 LEAGUE RESULTS #4

View attachment 233524

We dropped off slightly but it's still going okay. Backup winger Dennehy has been a saviour with two winning goals. I hate to be one of those 'FM is rigged' tinfoil hat people, but I swear wingers have a capped number of goals. Barmby and Canos score for fun, but just before they get 20 goals they hit a wall and both completely stop scoring at the same time.

2021/2022 LEAGUE RESULTS #5

View attachment 233520

This good form is actually giving us a shot at getting another promotion. This time it's the defence standing up, only letting in 1 goal. There are only two automatic promotion spots and we are battling with Derby and Brighton. We'll need to get some solid wins in our last 5 games to ensure we get in.

2021/2022 LEAGUE RESULTS #6

View attachment 233406

The first two losses gave me a scare, but the side kicked into gear and performed. Derby extended their lead in front of us, securing first place on the table. We had a fantastic away win against Swindon while Brighton cracked under the pressure and lost. We sat 3 points ahead of Brighton going into the last game against them. Due to our superior goal difference we already had promotion sealed, but we got a draw from a late winner anyway. This is our second consecutive promotion and we are moving up to the Championship.

2021/2022 LEAGUE 1 LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 233402

We've scraped a close promotion after finishing in second place. I think it's clear from our goal difference and points that we deserved to go up, and I can't wait to see how we go in the Championship.

2021/2022 SQUAD REVIEW

View attachment 233269

Our core first team of Canos, Arfield, Love, Bilate, Noubissie, Bakic and Barmby were exceptional all season. Canos and Barmby scored 26 times combined, along with giving off 34 assists. Bilate didn't score or assist that often but he always keeps play ticking with accurate passing while Backup Jordan White was a very useful goalscorer, scoring 14 times in 26 starts. Jordan Pickford proved a solid addition between the sticks. The only under performing players in the squad are clear backups, everyone with a role in our first team was amazing.

2022/2023 (Season 9)

MANAGER STATS
View attachment 233199

TRANSFERS
View attachment 233198
I've made some wholesale changes to the squad to hopefully get us ready for Championship standard. I've looked at other clubs in the division, and some insane players are running around. The majority of the players that have left were just squad players who have been around a season or two, with a couple of exceptions. Donald Love made 317 appearances in 5 years at the club, giving me a 7 rating at right back every season. Kwame Thomas had one magnificent season, and ends his Hednesford career with 61 goals and 44 assists in 152 appearances. Reinaldo Sanha (ST), Jack O'Connell (CB) and Fabio (DR) are signed as backup.

TRANSFERS IN

Mohamed Sylla (ST)
View attachment 233192
With our move into the Championship I can now scout abroad and look at higher quality players. Sylla has broken our wage budget but he's better than anything we've seen at Keys Park. I would even say that this signing is something of a coup for Hednesford, given the relative status of the player and the club. I signed him on a free and he jumped straight to a 2.3 million value. I always like my marquee signing to be a striker.

Mamadou Kone (ST)
View attachment 233175
Kone was our first choice striker until Sylla was signed a month or two later. He has balanced attributes in all the right places.

Jere Uronen (DL)
View attachment 233174
Another loan signing to go straight into the first team. Jere simply looks like a great player and will help the defence stay solid.

Juanfran (RB)
View attachment 233170
Juanfran is much older than I like to sign, but there was nothing else on the market. He's on a one year deal, and I expect one season of top shelf performances at right back.

Massimo Luongo (MC)
View attachment 233161
Yet another great player to improve the quality of the squad. Massimo could be perfect for our playmaking role with his first touch, composure and passing.

Dedryck Boyata (DC)
View attachment 233159
I have a soft spot for Boyata given he was at Manchester City for ages, and he looks like the experience we need down back. He also walks into the Vice Captaincy role.

Huge Festa (AMR)
View attachment 233152
I looked overseas to Portugal for some bargains and I found a couple of rejected players at FC Porto. Because they want miniscule wages they make great backup, and Festa has some potential to improve as well.

Mattias Svensson (MC)
View attachment 233141
Our final signing is again to strengthen the side, this time in the DM position. Sorry for the mega-post but I made many relevant signings this time around.

2022/2023 LEAGUE RESULTS #1

View attachment 232939

The first three results had me doubting the quality of the squad but we managed to pull ourselves out of the relegation zone with some better results. I think the key this season will be taking full advantage on our home turf as we just seem to get dominated away.

2022/2023 LEAGUE RESULTS #2

View attachment 232717

Judging by this we aren't going to be near a relegation scrap. I'd back the team to beat anyone at home (Well, the Molineux because we are expanding Keys Park), and we are great at stealing wins away. Mohammed Sylla has been the main catalyst behind our form, scoring 8 times in these fixtures.

2022/2023 LEAGUE RESULTS #3

View attachment 232691

All of the red circles look terrible at first glance, but if you look closer they were almost all away. As long as we keep converting our chances at home we should finish in mid-table. Mohammed Sylla is randomly on international duty for a whole month with Ivory Coast, but I think Kone can fill the void.

2022/2023 LEAGUE RESULTS #4

View attachment 232690

We started with some surprising victories away from home, but then had to cop some losses from heavyweights Tottenham and Norwich. I like the way we never seem to draw, we either take 3 points or leave with nothing. Right winger Hugo Festa has proven himself to have a great eye for goal, shown by a 20 minute hat-trick against Wigan. Although initially signed as backup he is pushing for the spot Canos has locked down for a few seasons.

Last edited:
2022/2023 CUP RESULTS

View attachment 232689

A decent FA Cup run, toppling Sunderland and Ipswich (who are now decent premier league contenders, similar to today’s Tottenham). We kept getting lucky and playing at home, but eventually we got sent out by Everton.

2022/2023 LEAGUE RESULTS #5

View attachment 232660

We’ve ended the season in a rich vein of form, only marred by a 4 goal loss to Hull. This late season surge actually put us close to the playoff spots, so maybe our squad isn’t as bad as I thought. I was worried because every other promotion I’ve been predicted to finish in mid-table, but this time the board wanted me to fight bravely against relegation. Mohammed Sylla has been a major part of this success, scoring at a good rate and gaining value. When I signed him he had 0 international appearances, now he has 11 appearances and 11 goals.

2022/2023 CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 232658

I think our league position is a little deceiving, but I’ll take a 7th​ place finish. Our high finish is brought about from just never drawing a match, which was a bit of luck. We still lost 19 times and that’s something that needs to be rectified going into next season. The club is still operating at a loss due to having the lowest attendance/stadium size/everything else, and I don’t know how we can improve. Every season there is going to be at least 3 cashed up Premier League clubs to compete with.

KIU man, these leagues are simple enough if you work the free market!! Awesome stuff bud

2022/2023 SQUAD REVIEW

View attachment 232619

Sylla was clearly our best player, scoring 22 goals in 34 starts. Festa was a surprise package, being our second best player even though his attributes don’t seem that great. We’ve had Mick Christie on loan from Arsenal for 2 seasons now and he managed to improve even though we moved up a division. Barmby had yet another solid campaign, and I have to give myself props for managing to sign him back in the Conference. Two players I am worried about are Sergi Canos and Scott Arfield. They’ve been dominant first team players in the past but they haven’t handled the new level well. I don’t really know where to strengthen going into next season, so I’ll probably just sign the best available players I can.

2023/2024 (Season 10)

MANAGER STATS
View attachment 232459

TRANSFERS
View attachment 232458
First is our outs. Scott Arfield isn't listed as he retired, but he made 151 appearances, with 25 goals and 27 assists. He was a great hand while we climbed through League 1 and 2. We signed Reinaldo Sanha on a free last season and I'll bank the easy 100K. Left back Kieran Wallace isn't good enough for the Championship. The major out is Mohammed Sylla. After he dominated last season many reputable clubs came in for him. Given the club isn't profitable I decided to be responsible and let him go for 9 million. It isn't nice to let key players leave but 9 mil is way over what he is worth, and he wanted to leave anyway. I know he'll rot on the bench in Marseille. We also sold first team keeper Jordan Pickford in January. I signed a new keeper and he fell by the wayside. For some reason he wants to be 4th choice keeper at Liverpool. Svensson (MC), Kameni (ST), Henin (DR), Milic (DC), Laxdal (DR) and Adam Watts (ST) have all been signed as backup.

TRANSFERS IN

Paulinho (ST)
View attachment 232457
Paulinho was signed at the start of January, but I want to keep the story in this layout so I'm putting him here with the pre-season signings. I needed a new striker ever since Sylla left, but I simply couldn't find one. Then one day Paulinho's agent appeared in my inbox, offering him out for a paltry 350K. About 4 minutes later he was signed and coming to the club in January. He is an amazing player to pick up for so cheap. He is deadly in the air, with heading, jumping reach and height. Along with that he also has 18 finishing, which makes him a definite upgrade on Sylla.

Guillherme Neves (GK)
View attachment 232456
Another player that just got offered in my inbox. I tend to rate goalkeepers on how often I see them save the ball on key highlights. I barely got to see Pickford make a save, so I've judged him as not being good enough. Neves has amazing One on Ones and Reflexes.

Mouhamed Dieme (DR)
View attachment 232455
I've broken our record transfer fee and purchased a quality right back for 950K. There was nothing available so I decided I would have to spend the money to get him in.

Rudmer Janssen (MC)
View attachment 232454
Signed for 205K, Janssen looks like a solid midfielder. I managed to get him way under his value because he was transfer listed.

Matej Hanousek (DL)
View attachment 232453
A nice loan signing on low wages to rotate through left back.

Raymond Kameni (ST)
View attachment 232014
For some reason player from overseas don't want to be paid, so Kameni makes ideal backup for 1.7K a week.

Fredrik Ulvestad (MC)
View attachment 232452
Another loan signing, this time in midfield, to bolster the first team stocks.

Last edited: