Clueless Kaarto manages Hednesford Town F.C.

2023/2024 LEAGUE RESULTS #1

View attachment 232010

I instantly regret selling Mohamed Sylla. We have no edge in attack and it’s showing in our rubbish results. Because of the money from the Sylla sale I have a ton of spare money, so I signed regen striker Adam Watts on loan from Manchester United. His signing brought about an improvement, helping to link the play and we scored more often near the end of these results. Still, we have been far below expectations so far and the board’s confidence has dipped below Untouchable for the first time in years.

2023/2024 LEAGUE RESULTS #2

View attachment 232004

These results are what I wanted from the start. Barmby, Watts and Ulvestad are all in scintillating form at the same time, boding well for our goal-scoring.

2023/2024 LEAGUE RESULTS #3

View attachment 231990

We’ve continued to play well, returning to our “we don’t draw” philosophy. I purchased Paulinho and he came in just before the Burnley game. In 3 games he has scored once and assisted 4 times, making an instant impact and helping us to 3 consecutive wins. The season was looking bleak at the beginning but we’ve turned it around.

2023/2024 LEAGUE RESULTS #4

View attachment 231914

Paulinho has been the catalyst behind our success, scoring for fun. My Assistant Manager has 20 judging player ability, and he believes that he is a good premier league player. If our good form continues we will book a playoff opportunity.

Paulinho is looking to be a good signing! Looks like you have a good chance of challenging for play offs!

2023/2024 LEAGUE RESULTS #5

View attachment 231742

The wins just keep flowing, and we've ended up in 3rd place, just missing out on automatic promotion to the top flight. Backup striker Kameni hit a rich vein of form, scoring 4 times in 4 games while Paulinho had a minor injury. Our wingers Barmby and Canos keep on performing like they have for years. Now let's see how we get on in the playoffs. We snuck into 3rd, so hopefully playing 6th will give us a slight advantage.

Read the whole story! Doing pretty well kaarto.
Paulinho seems pretty good!

2023/2024 CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 231728

We’ve ended up in 3rd place, mainly off the back of having the most frugal defence, and having a class striker in Paulinho leading the line. Next up is a playoff mega-post.

Last edited:
Have my fingers, toes & anything else i can think of crossed for you mate!

Love the story. I can't even believe you got promoted 4 times... I can't even stay in a job for a season! Keep it up!

2023/2024 CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFF EXTRAVAGANZA #1

Our playoff campaign begins at Madejski Stadium against Reading. In only the 12th minute Kameni played a sneaky chipped through ball into Sergi Canos' path, who placed it into the net from close range. From then on the game stagnated, with no key highlights to be seen. I didn't dare change anything just in case I ruined it all, so my tired players kept fighting through the second half. We continued to control the game throughout but couldn't ****** the extra goal to make it much more comfortable. In the 71st we were still one goal up and Paulinho had done little, so I made my only change to keep him fresh for the second leg. The minutes ticked by and eventually it just ended. We go into the second leg with a victory and an away goal, right in the driver's seat. Defensive midfielder Mick Christie was the reason for our midfield dominance, earning player of the match with an 8.3.

Back at Keys Park for the second leg, it only took 22 minutes for Paulinho to play a perfectly weighted ball through Reading's flustered defence. Barmby latched onto the ball and launched it across the keeper into the net. We took control of Ready once again, barely giving them a sniff. Canos burst down the wing in the 65th minute, passed into the middle to an open Paulinho who finished the chance calmly. Reading simply couldn't deal with us in both legs, and we win with a 3-0 aggregate. Paulinho was the player of the match this time, with an assist and a goal. We have booked our place against Burnley at Wembley in the play-off final.

Love the story. I can't even believe you got promoted 4 times... I can't even stay in a job for a season! Keep it up!

In my previous two attempts at this type of save with Bath in FM14/15 I hadn't got past the Conference, I've just gotten luckier this time around.

Last edited:
2023/2024 CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFF EXTRAVAGANZA #2

We have booked our place against Burnley at Wembley in the play-off final. I chose the team carefully, because these are the men to take lowly Hednesford into the Premier League. Guilherme Neves has been outstanding in goal all season and today won't be any different. He is protected by the back four of Hanousek, Noubissie, Milic and Dieme. I've dropped our captain Dedryck Boyata in favour of Milic, who has made less stupid errors. Christie has the anchor man role locked down, and I trust Janssen and Bakic to control the midfield and feed our attack. Barmby and Canos have been amazing servants and I wouldn't want anyone else bombing down the wings on this momentous day. Finally, the striker is five star Paulinho, who will put the Burnley defence under immense pressure. Burnley vs. Hednesford, let's do it.

Burnley took control from the outset, stretching our defence in the early going. Only 16 minutes in right back Dieme pushed too far forward, and Burnley winger Sinan Kurt made him pay. Kurt collected the ball and burst from the halfway line into our box, placing an easy cross for the unmarked Paulao to volley in. 1-0 to Burnley.
Burnley locked the game down and the key highlights stopped. In an instant it was half time, and I was telling the lads they needed to lift to get anything from this game. In the 59th playmaker Marko Bakic went down with an injury, and I brought Fredrik Ulvestad on to replace him. Nothing changed until the 72nd minute, when Burnley midfielder Pasalic whipped a cross past our dormant defence. It landed perfectly in the path of Drmic, who smashed it into the back of the net, ending our hopes of promotion. But wait?
Little yellow man raised his flag for offside and the dream is still alive. I didn't dare change anything as I backed in the 11 players I picked today. In the 83rd minute another key highlight finally popped up. Burnley came forward strongly but Noubissie intercepted and cannoned the ball forward. It found Barmby on the left wing, who could do nothing but head the ball on towards Burnley defender Will Keane. The ball spun past Keane straight into the lap of the waiting Paulinho, who was now one on one with the keeper. Never in doubt, he placed the ball into the bottom corner and revived Hednesford's hopes for promotion.
The score was now 1-1. The 90th minute, and then the 105th minute passed. The possession and shot count were both neck and neck. At the 105th minute Dieme and Janssen came off for Uronen and Bielik, we needed some fresh legs to find a winning goal. Just 30 seconds later we won an innocuous free kick just inside our half. Sergi Canos stepped up and launched a delicious ball all the way into the opposition box. Fredrik Ulvestad rose highest and nodded the ball past the keeper into the back of the net.
We were 2-1 up with only 15 minutes left. I once again didn’t dare to change anything, and the team defended defiantly for the remaining minutes. The final whistle blew and Hednesford are in the Premier League.

Last edited:
Just caught up with your story from the beginning, congratulations on getting to the Prem, great achievement! Looking forward to seeing how you get on in the big league.. Champions League spot next season??

Well done on getting to the Premier League :) I dream of one day doing the same thing.

What sort of budgets have you got now and have your facilities improved much?