Coalition launches Libya attacks

• Thread starter Thread starter Joel`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 406
  • Views Views 21K
confirmed Gadaffi is dead. Let the rebuilding of peoples lives begin.

confirmed Gadaffi is dead. Let the rebuilding of peoples lives begin.

Good, no grandstand finish for him, quitely shuffled off into ****. Time for the country to rebuild. Strong and fair leadership is required now. Regardless of what help the UK and others rightly gave Lybia, the NTC should not allow themselves to be dictated to or bullied by anyone outside the country

I'm sure a bunch of North African tribesmen will be able to stop the civil war elsewhere in the country, rebuild their country with the revenue they're gonna get from selling their oil cheap to the nations that helped oust the previous warlord and become a modern nation.

Tbh, I doubt these boys are gonna be any better.

I'm sure a bunch of North African tribesmen will be able to stop the civil war elsewhere in the country, rebuild their country with the revenue they're gonna get from selling their oil cheap to the nations that helped oust the previous warlord and become a modern nation.

Tbh, I doubt these boys are gonna be any better.

You are such a cynic. Did you get coal for Christmas as a child?

Hahah, nope. I got Lego!

I just try to look at things as objectively as possible. Just look at Egypt; they've demonstrated against the army, burnt churches (in addition to ensuing retaliatory attacks) etc since they ousted Mubarak. Libya's new warlords have already promised their backers (The West, and especially France) their oil, so instead of going free market, they're gonna loot it and sell it to powers that will keep them in power. I'm not saying I'd do anything different, but that's because I've read the Prince.

Last edited:
Least the family of PC Yvonne Fletcher have got at least a little bit of closure too.

moammar-gadhafi-herman-van-rompuy-2010-11-29-9-50-4.jpg

Recognise the guy on the left btw?;)

Edit - it was taken in 2010.

Last edited:
Great news for the UN, they can now get what they came in for.

And the standard of living for the Libyan people will now be as bad as it is in Iraq.

I don't understand is why NATO are not being brought to justice for war crimes.
Their mandate was to protect the "civilians" from Gaddafi forces, not "Regime change"

A bad man but not as bad as some of the so called peace keepers.

Great news for the UN, they can now get what they came in for.

And the standard of living for the Libyan people will now be as bad as it is in Iraq.

I don't understand is why NATO are not being brought to justice for war crimes.
Their mandate was to protect the "civilians" from Gaddafi forces, not "Regime change"

A bad man but not as bad as some of the so called peace keepers.

Indeed, a dictator who held power for 42 years and was slaughtering his own people is such a better standard of life.

Indeed, a dictator who held power for 42 years and was slaughtering his own people is such a better standard of life.

He gave his people cheep oil:
0.02 euro cents per liter.
40 loafs of bread for 15 cents.
He enabled the purchase of cars at factory prices.
Credits without interest.
Apartment for every couple.
Child allowance for every child.
He paid apartment, food, books, car for every student.
Salary of 2300 EUROS.
Gaddafi has built a 5000km pipeline across the desert for gas, oil and fresh water.

Whilst Britain has allowed 25k OAPs freeze to death whilst they are out fighting and spending money on imperialist fighting.

Btw: Im not denying he is a ****, but they are worse people leading countries atm.

RIP Moamer. Libya is yet to see American democracy.

RIP Moamer. Libya is yet to see American democracy.

America have had minimal involvement in Libya.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

He gave his people cheep oil:
0.02 euro cents per liter.
40 loafs of bread for 15 cents.
He enabled the purchase of cars at factory prices.
Credits without interest.
Apartment for every couple.
Child allowance for every child.
He paid apartment, food, books, car for every student.
Salary of 2300 EUROS.
Gaddafi has built a 5000km pipeline across the desert for gas, oil and fresh water.

Whilst Britain has allowed 25k OAPs freeze to death whilst they are out fighting and spending money on imperialist fighting.

Btw: Im not denying he is a ****, but they are worse people leading countries atm.

And I'm not denying the fact there are worse people leading countries, but we can't afford to save them all, and Libya happens to offer Oil to economically compensate our expense. Libyans were crying out for support, we gave it them, there's only the hippie pacifists from the Guardian who disagree with this sentiment.

And I'm not denying the fact there are worse people leading countries, but we can't afford to save them all, and Libya happens to offer Oil to economically compensate our expense. Libyans were crying out for support, we gave it them, there's only the hippie pacifists from the Guardian who disagree with this sentiment.

Surly helping your own country would be more important no?

I'm...incredulous as to why when another country asks for help, we go in to help them.......and straight away-it's imperialistic aggression. Or it's for oil. And the guardian elite can just go and do one. They may publish good articles on football, but when it comes to common sense on world affairs-I'd get more sense talking to the dog. As she does what the Guardian elite should do-shut up and listen intently.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

We're trying-the Tories are mopping up and fixing Labours mess

As in do what? Reduce energy costs? What produces energy again, oh yes.

It's as much your responsibility to help yourself as it is the government's. The govt. is there to protect its citizens, not the nanny culture that has grown all too popular.

As in do what? Reduce energy costs? What produces energy again, oh yes.

It's as much your responsibility to help yourself as it is the government's. The govt. is there to protect its citizens, not the nanny culture that has grown all too popular.

Maybe buy oil instead of just taking it? Im sure the amount of money spent on the BA could get a considerable amount of oil.

Maybe buy oil instead of just taking it? Im sure the amount of money spent on the BA could get a considerable amount of oil.

Supply and demand says hi. If you disagree with taking oil from this agreement, I assume you're never going to complain about petrol price rises, about energy companies increasing their prices? In fact, you won't mind higher inflation throughout the economy, will you? If you're fine with inflation, you're not fine with helping your own country's people, so your logic is contradictory.

Supply and demand says hi. If you disagree with taking oil from this agreement, I assume you're never going to complain about petrol price rises, about energy companies increasing their prices? In fact, you won't mind higher inflation throughout the economy, will you? If you're fine with inflation, you're not fine with helping your own country's people, so your logic is contradictory.

Of course I disagree with stealing. I can complain about prices of lots of things. Why are other countries able to supply these essentials at cheaper prices without stealing?

Back