Coalition launches Libya attacks

• Thread starter Thread starter Joel`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 406
  • Views Views 21K
Ahh, see what I did there? ^^)

In all fairness, if he is still alive, they should drag his *** to The Hague, and then the rope.

Doubtful. The Libyans want him tried in Libya itself.

I wonder if we'll see some evidence this time, or will he be "Buried at sea".

This could be him apparently:

_56177381_013188686-1.jpg

Quite mixed views from during the war. Some wanted him tried, some wanted him shot like a dog.

Yeah, just been hearing about that. I'd like him to be kept alive and suffer. Like the way he made his own people suffer

The Hague? Yeah great idea, lets drag this out through ten years of legal squabbling like we did with Milosevic.....

Last edited:
Quite mixed views from during the war. Some wanted him tried, some wanted him shot like a dog.
Right decision really. I'd rather the oppressive, murdering gangster shot through the skull, rather than our monetary contribution to the UN be spent on keeping him in a nice cushy cell for the next 20 - 30 years.

The Hague? Yeah great idea, lets drag this out through ten years of legal squabbling like we did with Mlosevic.....

Dont give him the chance to grandstand, take him round the back, shoot him in the head. Far more cost effective too

Right decision really. I'd rather the oppressive, murdering gangster shot through the skull, rather than our monetary contribution to the UN be spent on keeping him in a nice cushy cell for the next 20 - 30 years.

Not to mention the cost of trial, and giving him a place to grandstand and try and validate himself. Not as if it's a question of guilt here either

Dont give him the chance to grandstand, take him round the back, shoot him in the head. Far more cost effective too

Agree about the cost effective part lol, but I think even if he was taken to the Hague he would pretty much end up being sentenced to death similar to Saddam.

Just hoping that with one desspot gone, another won't take his place. But, as history shows...........

Is he dead or is he not, if he's not already dead he soon will be , the americans say they don't have confirmation, and on this particular case I'm inclined to believe, because if they knew about it they wouldn't have any problem confirming.

But the big issue is, Gaddafi gone, yay, but now ;) I fear Al Qaeda will take the helm of Libya.

Agree about the cost effective part lol, but I think even if he was taken to the Hague he would pretty much end up being sentenced to death similar to Saddam.

Saddam was not tried in the Hague, he was tried in Iraq by Iraqi law, hence the fact he got a death sentence. The UN didn't hold any legislative power over the whole Hussein situation as they never initially sanctioned the invasion by US-UK troops.

International law has the death penalty banned so we would have no such luck if Gaddafi had be brought to trial (I think the Nuremberg Trials was the last time international law passed the death penalty).

Saddam was not tried in the Hague, he was tried in Iraq by Iraqi law, hence the fact he got a death sentence. The UN didn't hold any legislative power over the whole Hussein situation as they never initially sanctioned the invasion by US-UK troops.

International law has the death penalty banned so we would have no such luck if Gaddafi had be brought to trial (I think the Nuremberg Trials was the last time international law passed the death penalty).

Touche.

Tunisia Egypt Libya down next will probably be Yemen then maybe Bahrain. If that one succeeds, then most likely all the Arab Revolutions will and same for the other countries from the 86. VIVA LA REVOLUTION! <3

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Now fighting against Nato will be a task for the Libyans. Good luck and to all the revolutions!

Tunisia Egypt Libya down next will probably be Yemen then maybe Bahrain. If that one succeeds, then most likely all the Arab Revolutions will and same for the other countries from the 86. VIVA LA REVOLUTION! <3

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Now fighting against Nato will be a task for the Libyans. Good luck and to all the revolutions!

What was the point of the second part of your post?

Back