Coalition launches Libya attacks

• Thread starter Thread starter Joel`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 406
  • Views Views 21K
NATO was supposed to be a civillian protector, it's become a rebel bomb squad.

Libya is going to collapse as a nation, like what happened to Iraq following the invasion. Will be interestingto see how political this is and if NATO continue to help out nations in similar circumstances, will they help the smaller Bahrain? I don't think so. They won't inervene with the Saudi's either because of the business links.

Not saying I don't want Gadaffi's reign taken down, but bombing the cities and ruining the towns for the civillians who will have to take partin the rebuilding.

Difficult times.

Bombing very specific targets in town. They still wont hit the compound proper, only around it. They hit certain targets only .They have been frequently criticised by rebels for not bombing enough. Only intervened militarily because arab league countries actually asked. Saudi Arabia is nothing like Lybia, unless you mean Syria, but that wont be because of business.

Not sure how can have a go at Nato for the state of the cites. Most of the destruction was done by Gaddafi's forces and then rebels

Don't really see why people are happy. Sure Gaddafi is going, yes, he was a brutal and murderous dictator, yes, he deserves to be hung by the balls..

But what's going to happen once this fine country inevitably slips into total ******* anarchy? The Russians and us decide to come knocking? It's all part of a bigger picture...

What do you want, Gaddafi in charge or Gaddafi not in charge? Those were the only two outcomes.

What do you want, Gaddafi in charge or Gaddafi not in charge? Those were the only two outcomes.

That's not the point though. My point is, who's going to be in charge after Mad Dog goes. There will be power struggles, corruption, total ******* anarchy, and it will plunge the country into deeper civil war. Do we know who's part of the rebels? Can they be trusted? For all we know, they can install someone from Al-Qaeda into power.

Well here's the facts. Gadaffi, as well know, is a psychotic mass murderer and barbaric ruler-even to his own supporters. NATO will not be knocking on Libya's door. Russia will be helping to stabilise the country, as will the US, economically-nothing more. Neither country is sending any military forces there. The Libyans will be setting up their own government, their own system. And it's doubtful they will need financial aid as they are a rich country. Already an Italian oil company is heading in, so that's the money sorted for the country. The only way other nations will be helping also is re-establishing communication networks for like mobile phones, medical supplies like blood, equipment etc.

This is going to be a new Libya, free from oppression, without any agenda from the West, so there's no bigger picture. Just a New Libya, free from oppression.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

That's not the point though. My point is, who's going to be in charge after Mad Dog goes. There will be power struggles, corruption, total ******* anarchy, and it will plunge the country into deeper civil war. Do we know who's part of the rebels? Can they be trusted? For all we know, they can install someone from Al-Qaeda into power.

Al Qeada actually communicated with NATO, telling them areas to bomb.

They said the same thing about Iraq...

We all know how well that went. Lol.

That is the point. Last time (Iraq) we tried to influence who came into power when it wasnt our place. This time we didnt put boots on the ground and wewont choose who comes in. They have a real choice, up to them now. We can and should provide any financial/humanitarian assistance (which we are doing). But no more

lybia =/= iraq, the comparisons arent even the same

Gadaffis troops in full retreat in key stronghold areas of Libya now.

Bombing very specific targets in town. They still wont hit the compound proper, only around it. They hit certain targets only .They have been frequently criticised by rebels for not bombing enough. Only intervened militarily because arab league countries actually asked. Saudi Arabia is nothing like Lybia, unless you mean Syria, but that wont be because of business.

Not sure how can have a go at Nato for the state of the cites. Most of the destruction was done by Gaddafi's forces and then rebels

There'll always be the side effects to bombing, it's a risky practice, one I don' agree with in this instance. Whether or not th Rebels have complained about a lack of is another matter, this is not what NATO is there to do. I didn't mean Saudi in the sense that it had a similar circumstace, buttheir ruling is terrible, and was talking about if they would do anything on the matter. there are many othr examples that they will not get into, simply because ofpolitics even though it is supposedto be a civillian protecting group, as you said Syria.

There'll always be the side effects to bombing, it's a risky practice, one I don' agree with in this instance. Whether or not th Rebels have complained about a lack of is another matter, this is not what NATO is there to do. I didn't mean Saudi in the sense that it had a similar circumstace, buttheir ruling is terrible, and was talking about if they would do anything on the matter. there are many othr examples that they will not get into, simply because ofpolitics even though it is supposedto be a civillian protecting group, as you said Syria.

Everything in conflict is risky, its why we have diplomacy in the first place. It became clear that he had no intention of giving up through diplomatic channels. Syria we cant, mainly becuase we cant actually afford it! Nato operated to the very limits of their mandate, they hit everything that could be used against civilians. That's why we didnt bomb the tunnels for example, or the compound proper.

The only alternative to helicopter and air strikes is boots on the ground.

The Associated Press has claimed that rebels haven taken the Bab al Aziziya compound about an hour ago.

The rebels claim they have surrounded Gaddafi's apartment in central Tripoli. Kill the *******!!!

Being reported on Sky News, that Libyan Transistional Goverment Forces, have reportedly wounded Gadaffi in both legs and captured near Sirte while trying to flee the city.

Being reported on Sky News, that Libyan Transistional Goverment Forces, have reportedly wounded Gadaffi in both legs and captured near Sirte while trying to flee the city.

Good, hope it ******* hurts

Good, hope it ******* hurts

Obviously the US Government is awaiting confirmation. But I doubt very very much the NTC would release a statement of this magnitude without actually doing it. It would be disastrous for them if untrue.

Back