Race For The Title

View attachment 237743

Liverpool Remaining Fixtures

View attachment 237742

Manchester United Remaining Fixtures

View attachment 237741

Looking at both teams remaining games for the rest of the season, I think its fair to say that we both have three opponents that we are expected to beat in the league. I think it will all come down to how our participation in other competitions effects both squads.

View attachment 923506

Europa League
Semi-Final 1st Leg

View attachment 237735
We may have dominated this game and taken the win away from our first leg at Anfield but it wasn't without its negatives. Firstly the two away goals conceded give Dynamo Kyiv a very good chance of overturning the deficit and winning the tie. Secondly Lacazette was stretchered off with an injury which we feared could rule him out for the rest of the season..

View attachment 237734

View attachment 237500

Match Day 36

View attachment 237499

View attachment 237498

Still a point in it after 36 games, both teams were fortunate to get the win. I had felt like our title pursuit was over after West Ham got their second goal just after half time, but then I threw Yarmolenko on.. Definitely has to go down as the best substitution in my FM history, pure inspiration from the winger.

View attachment 924086

Europa League
Semi-Final Second Leg

View attachment 237496
Yet again we found ourselves on the brink of losing out on another trophy. When we went in at half time we were on our way out of the competition on away goal ruling and they were in control, some stern words in the dressing room and the game changed, once Ibra had got the all-important goal we sat back and waited for the final whistle. We are now still in with a shout of winning 5 out of 5 competitions entered.

Final Draw

View attachment 237495
Marseille will be a tough opponent in the final, performing very well in the French Ligue 1 and very consistent in Europe this season.

View attachment 237489

Match Day 38

We go into the final match knowing that a win will guarantee the title and depending on Man Utd's score line, even a draw will do. Without being too over confident, I felt that we would have no problem beating West Brom today, the champagne was on ice.

View attachment 237488

View attachment 237486
We did it!! Liverpool Football Club are league champions 27 years after their last top flight league triumph. I never expected to win the league in my first season in charge at Anfield and I am extremely delighted for the whole team and the clubs fantastic supporters!

Final Standings

View attachment 237481

View attachment 237480

Wow - well done mate!! Huge season you've had there!!

View attachment 924197

FA Cup Final

View attachment 237454
Yet again we taste victory for the fifth time this season with yet another extremely professional and emphatic display. This completes a perfect season which sees Liverpool dominate English football and win the second best prize in the domestic continental game. I really never did expect to do so well in my first season at Anfield and I am very proud of the teams achievements, bring on the Champions League, where we belong.

View attachment 237453

Wow - well done mate!! Huge season you've had there!!

Cheers mate, never expected to win everything! Very happy with our accomplishments.

Will you be moving on from Liverpool?

I really don't know, I was considering it but then I thought about giving the Champions League a go. Also I may have already agreed a HUGE transfer..

World Hall of Fame

View attachment 237446
After just 3 years in management I have been inducted in to the top 20 managers of all time, granted I may still be 20th and have a long way to go before I am catching Sir Alex but this has now become one of my primary objectives.

Please stay at Liverpool! Cement them at the top of the Prem, and win the CL!! :D

So the domestic season has drawn to a close for Liverpool FC and the players have departed for their much deserved pre-season breaks. Before they left I called them all in for one last meeting, I told them how incredibly proud I was of them and so was the rest of the city of Liverpool and the clubs support. I gave them an extended break as I felt they surely deserved it, but to beware that next season is where the pressure is really on, next season I want it all again plus the Champions League trophy.

I wanted to start my plans for the new season straight away, firstly I sat down and compiled a list of possible players I would be looking to sell, I thought long and hard about our weaknesses and strengths and where I felt we needed to improve. I also had to take into consideration the players that have performed well over the past 12 months, the individuals that have attracted the attention of other big clubs across Europe and consequently have been caught up in the transfer rumour mill. These are the players I believe will/could move on this summer.
Andriy Yarmolenko – PSG
Andriy was a key performer at the beginning of the season but the good form of Insigne and Sterling, meant he became a rotation player, an impact one at that. Unfortunately lack of game time has lead him to become unhappy and PSG are sniffing around in the region of £30 Million.
Alex Lacazette – Various Clubs
I would be very sad to see Alex leave but his injuries have stopped him from making the impact I wanted to see from him, he also was unhappy at the lack of football despite spending a total of 5 months out injured. With clubs sniffing around at the £30 Million mark, I may have to say bon voyage for now.

Lazar Markovic – Various Clubs
Lazar has never really fitted into my system and is about 4th in the pecking order for his preferred position, hence going on loan for the second half of the season. Three clubs are currently considering tabling a bid of around £15 Million and I my just take up that offer.

Namanja Gudelj – Transfer Listed
Injuries, a handful of games and the one assist to his name for the season. Unimpressive and with a transfer value of £12.5 Million, I think I could use that money to invest back in the squad.

Aaron Cresswell – Transfer Listed
Has been solid and for a backup is very good but he wants first team football, I can’t give that too him and £12 Million would be handy.

Adam Lallana – Transfer Listed
It’s a shame because before I joined the club I was a big fan of Adam, but a torrid time with injuries in the previous season meant he is half the player he once was. We will be lucky if we receive £5 Million.

Pepe – Out of contract
22 matches in all competitions, 4 red cards, 8 yellows, nearly 35 years old and on £110k a week, no brainer. It’s a shame because he could have been a good player to keep around for experience.

Now that I had a clear picture in my mind of the players that could be leaving the club this summer, I wanted to think about my targets, either the players I would bring in to replace those that are departing or ones that I feel could improve our team overall. There had been a rumour circulating in the press and I had been invited to a press conference to discuss the interest of a certain player, I kindly accepted and attended.

Please stay at Liverpool! Cement them at the top of the Prem, and win the CL!! :D

I have decided I am going to stay at Anfield for one more season I think. Its going to be a tough task knocking Real Madrid off of the pedestal I put them on though.

View attachment 924293

Press Conference

Reporter: Matt, first of all congratulations on your success this season, no disrespect, do you think this is a one off?
MB: No I do not, I have proved in my short career that I am a winner, we will be firing on all fronts come next season and once my team have had a deserved break, we will prepare for what I can guarantee will be another successful campaign.

Reporter: Do you think there will be many changes over the summer period?
MB: I can imagine there will be a few in and out, we certainly will be seeing one or two depart and I have targets in mind for their replacement.

Reporter: Rumours have begun to circulate that you could be making a move for Barcelona’s Neymar over the coming weeks, is there any truth in this speculation?
MB: I can confirm that I am very interested in acquiring Neymar’s services, who wouldn’t be? I know him well from my time over in Spain and he would be a fantastic addition to our squad.

Reporter: Is this just interest or will be seeing a possible transfer come into fruition?
MB: It is too early to say just yet, no contact has been made with the club, player or his agent. For now we will wait to hear if he would even be interested in the move, if he is then we shall see.

View attachment 237412

Neymar To Anfield??

View attachment 237411
I might just be able to pull off what could be considered a considerable coup. With Barcelona interested in a possible cash plus player deal involving Origi, we could be looking at needing to raise £50+ million. This deal may just be out of our reach.

That would be an absolutely massive signing!!!

It would be huge!! When I look at the list of players my AM believes would be interested in a move to Liverpool its crazy..

Hazard, Pogba, Neymar, Aguero, Depay, Iniesta.. we could have virtually anyone we wanted except Ronaldo and Messi.