Collecting Trophies For Fun..

Other News

Football Awards

Ballon d'Or Winner
Cristiano Ronaldo

World Team Of The Year

View attachment 243253
As expected, several of the players I left behind at Real Madrid are included in the Best XI. A mixture of joy and surprise to see Sterling's inclusion.

Finance Update

View attachment 243252
Now we are half way through the season the board offered me the opportunity to re-evaluate our finances. I decided to play safe and agreed to compete for the league, with that an extra £60m was added to the transfer balance, happy days.

View attachment 243249

Premier League
Match Day 20

View attachment 243248
We ended up making this match a lot more difficult then it needed to be. Balotelli banished to the under 18's and Lacazette still not quite fully fit, it was a chance for the fans to see their new man Zlatan, he played a great game and set up the first goal with a great touch to lay off Sterling, who was again on target twice to seal the win.

League Table

View attachment 243247
We are now going into the second week in January and we are still top. Man Utd have not let up all season though and this one is definitely going to go down to the wire, especially as Chelsea are not too far behind.

View attachment 912115

FA Cup 3rd Round

View attachment 242442
A pretty convincing win and a superb display from Insigne.. who needs Balotelli!
Ibrahimovic also had another good game although he still couldn't find the net, only a matter of time before he and Lacazette start getting some goals between them

4th Round Draw

View attachment 242439
Interesting tie coming up in the fourth at Stamford Bridge. We will need to be on our game if we are going to see our way through to the fifth.

View attachment 242438

Premier League
Match Day 21

View attachment 242437
An extremely disappointing result against a mediocre Swansea side. Insigne on target again but its yet another game where between Ibra and Lacazette there is still no end product. We have now sacrificed our slender lead at the top to Man Utd.

View attachment 242436

Liverpool could be ready to swoop for transfer listed Balanta from Dortmund.

View attachment 242435

Bullard looks set to make a £5 Million offer for the Columbian centre back as he looks to pave the way for sales of ageing defenders Martin Skrtel and Pepe.

Balanta was once deemed one of the most exciting prospects in world football, although injuries and a lack of game time at Dortmund have led to his lack of development.

Liverpool fans will be hoping to see the Columbian reach his potential alongside Phil Jones as a possible move to Anfiled looks almost certain within the next few days.

No Deal For Balanta

View attachment 242124
Balanta's work permit was unfortunately rejected. I could have still completed the transfer with the option of loaning him out until he gained a work permit, but I just didn't feel this would benefit the team at this time.

View attachment 913018

Capital One Cup
Semi-Final First Leg

View attachment 242105
After a shaky start which saw Falcao finish from the spot after a clumsy Peruzzi challenge, we equalised shortly after and at half time the game was pretty even. After a complete bollocking the lads seemed hyped up, in particular a Mr Sterling. He went out and run the show, he flourished in a SS role and simply tore United apart. A great win against the rivals and one foot firmly in the door for another Cup Final.

View attachment 242102

Premier League
Match Day 22

View attachment 242100
This was a poor match, Lacazzete still looks like half the player I know he can be and unfortunately it's effecting the team, I am tempted to bring Balotelli back from the reserves, I can't stand him but we need his goals.
The last gasp winner from Jones saved the result and stopped us dropping more points on United.

View attachment 240099

Vallejo Joins Reds For Huge Fee

View attachment 240098
To many this may seem a strange and maybe over inflated transfer and to be honest I am fully aware that it is, but there are 2 reasons behind my £33 million purchase of the young Centreback. Number one being, out of my transfer targets, Sule, Marquinos, Hummels and Laporte, Vallejo was by far the cheapest. Number two being that I have never actually managed the kid to full potential, I have seen how good he can be but never experienced it for myself. He and Jones will be the future of the Liverpool defence.

Markovic Joins Rossoneri On Loan

View attachment 240087
With Sterling, Insigne, Yarmolenko and Origi all playing well in the wide positions, it meant that Lazar wasn't getting the game time he needs. Hopefully he can get some game time and find form whilst in Italy.

View attachment 240064

Premier League
Match Day 23

View attachment 240063
This result was expected with Fulham sitting at the foot of the table and of course I am pleased, especially as Vallejo made his début and was outstanding. However what pleased me most with this result was seeing Lacazette on the score sheet at long last. He has struggled since his move to Anfield but he is finally regaining is fitness and confidence, hopefully this will kick start his season.

View attachment 917769

Capital One Cup
Semi-Final 2nd Leg
(Agg 4-1)

View attachment 240041
I played a ‘rotated’ team for this second leg as we have our FA Cup 4th​ round replay against Chelsea coming up next. Great to see Ibra get his first goal, now we just need him to open his account in the league. Decent result on the night but more importantly it sees us through to the Final.

View attachment 239648

Tubes Meets 'Bullardinho'

View attachment 239646

T: Alright Matt, thanks for taking the time out to chatting with me today.

B: No worries.

T: Matt, your famous for being media shy but you seem like a top bloke, if we asked your players what you’re like, what would they say?

B: I think they would say I am a decent guy, I hope. I am quite reserved but they always know where they stand with me. I wouldn’t say that I am media shy as such, I just don’t like getting involved in the public rows and politics that managers seem to like nowadays, I think the less you say the better sometimes, as long as what you say is meaningful and said with conviction, the players always know what I want from them and that’s all that matters.

T: It’s no secret, once you have done what you set out to do at a club, you will move on, what will it take for you to call it a day at Anfield?

B: Yeah, I am an ambitious man and I want to win trophies anywhere I can, I will eventually leave Liverpool, not that I am thinking too much about that at the moment, I have only been at the club 6 months. I think if we can secure at least one of the domestic cups and the league this year, I will look at the Champions League for next season, who knows though, anything could happen. For now, winning trophies for this great club is all I am interested in.

T: Does that mean you will be leaving the Premiership once you work is done at Liverpool?

B: Who knows, I think it would be unfair to say at the moment. If I had to answer then I would say yes, I would like to win as many different trophies as possible so going abroad would naturally be the next step.

T: How do you manage to be so successful and do you think you can maintain your impressive start to your career?

B: Self-confidence and years of studying the game, like many of the best managers in the world, I was not the best footballer during my playing career but I loved the game dearly, so I decided instead to study like crazy, making sure that I learnt every detail of the game.. Also it helps that I have managed two of the best clubs in world football.

T: Mate I have to ask, what really happened with Balotelli?

B: Mario is a very talented lad, he hadn’t been given much of a chance under previous management and I decided to give him that chance, to which he repaid me with some excellent displays. I was aware when I joined that his contract was due to expire at the end of the season but he wouldn’t sign a new deal as wants Champions League football, which is fair enough, so we come to a gentleman’s agreement that if we achieved qualification for next season, he would stay and sign a new deal. Months later he agrees a deal to join Wolfsburg. If I am honest I was hurt and I found it extremely disrespectful, I won’t stand for that kind of dishonesty, so I quite plainly told him he would train with the under-18’s for the remainder of his time at the club. There isn’t much else to tell.

T: It’s rumoured that Sterling is gonna be leaving soon, is there any truth in that?

B: Not if I can help it, he is in great form and enjoying his football. He is a good lad and I feel we have a great understanding, he seems to appreciate my way of thinking.

T: You’ve got the FA Cup 4th​ Round replay against Chelsea coming up this week and as a Chelsea fan, it hurts me to say that your team have now gone 5 games unbeaten against them in all competitions, you must be feeling confident of a win at Anfield?

B: I know you don’t want to hear it but yes I am confident, but then I always am (smiles). Chelsea are a very good side and the match is always going to be competitive, if I am honest we was lucky to escape the first match, but now we are back at Anfield, I am confident we can progress through.

T: I will give you fifty quid if you let us win?

B: (Laughs) Wow you really want your team to win. Make it £100 and a McDonalds Chocolate milkshake and I will consider it.

T: Deal. Ok last question, you are a Newcastle fan, do you recon we will ever see you in the dugout at St James’ one day?

B: Anything is possible, at the moment I am on a journey to manage teams in the very best competitions. That’s not to say that once I have achieved all I have set out too, if the opportunity arises in the future and they will have me, I wouldn’t love to win a trophy or two with my beloved Newcastle.

T: Cheers Bullardinho, it’s been a pleasure getting to know a bit about you.

For anyone still following, just for a bit of feedback, should I continue my updates by the match or just do monthly updates?

I have really struggled over the last week or so to even play much FM, hence why my updates have been few and far between, I am looking to start smashing through a few seasons now though.

Cheers.

If you're looking to smash through the seasons I would do monthly mate. The challenge you set is all about trophies and they only come about at the end, Monthly would suit it better! :)

For anyone still following, just for a bit of feedback, should I continue my updates by the match or just do monthly updates?

I have really struggled over the last week or so to even play much FM, hence why my updates have been few and far between, I am looking to start smashing through a few seasons now though.

Cheers.

What ever is best for you mate, if you wanna smash through the seasons then monthly would be easier.

If you're looking to smash through the seasons I would do monthly mate. The challenge you set is all about trophies and they only come about at the end, Monthly would suit it better! :)

What ever is best for you mate, if you wanna smash through the seasons then monthly would be easier.

Cheers guys. That was my thinking, I have been reading coolmcool's Barca story and he has got through 10 seasons in the time it has taken me to do two and a bit. Time to speed things up I think.

Back