with your OI's

That is just super weird. It is so incredibly stable in my database. Although, I have set player consistency to 20 to increase accuracy a bit. Could be a very unlucky run in your template, or it might be too hard for this tactic. I think even though it's a more defensive formation, it is probably more of a top/sub-top/mid team tactic rather than an underdog tactic. Although this is the tactic that has the best scores vs the big teams in my league. So dunno really.

That is just super weird. It is so incredibly stable in my database. Although, I have set player consistency to 20 to increase accuracy a bit. Could be a very unlucky run in your template, or it might be too hard for this tactic. I think even though it's a more defensive formation, it is probably more of a sub-top/mid team tactic rather than an underdog tactic. Although this is the tactic that has the best scores vs the big teams in my league. So dunno really.
I think certain tactics suit certain players so am considering changing my test database again.

Mr L have morale set, are this the only difference? cmiiw

Mr L have morale set, are this the only difference? cmiiw

I think the most notable differences are that I have morale and fitness set + 20 player consistency

In Will's test, My two tactics have extremely different results, while in my test they are equally good.

Without morale set, if a tactic has bad luck the first match, or the second, etc, morale will drop and it will affect the rest of the season. This is why I set morale in FMRTE.

Last edited:
all the player have different stats and are playing other players with different stats.

Ah yeah, that's also a difference between our tests. Mine uses real players (although edited consistency to 20 and injury proneness to 1), while his uses players have static stats.

Ah yeah, that's also a difference between our tests. Mine uses real players (although edited consistency to 20 and injury proneness to 1), while his uses players have static stats.
the only changes to mine are injury proneness to 1 and their potential ability to 140 the same as their CA, what I mean is the tactic is more suited to your players than mine.

the only changes to mine are injury proneness to 1 and their potential ability to 140 the same as their CA, what I mean is the tactic is more suited to your players than mine.

Yeah, doesn't seem like your players suit this new tactic. I do have all kinds of different players in my test team though. Strong guys, small guys, technical guys, hard working guys, etc etc etc.

Another way to test the consistency of a tactic test database is to test the same tactic 3 times or so, see if you get the same results (ish).

Just looked at the Ast.Manager and he is pretty bad, should he not have 20 in judging player ability and tactical knowledge?

Just looked at the Ast.Manager and he is pretty bad, should he not have 20 in judging player ability and tactical knowledge?

Nah, doesn't matter, as he doesn't do anything other than pick the team. Anyway, it's the same for all tactics, so again, doesn't matter :) Another thing is, if you manage a mid table side, would you have an assistant manager with 20 in all the important stats? :) + as far as i've seen from all my tests, he picks the same line-up every match, and always the one fitting the role best.

I took a closer look to your tactic. Your are using waaaay more player and team instructions then I did. I hope I will have the time to test today. Ohh and I never thought of overload mentality, it is maybe good idea due to the defensive base formation. 1 question: why the CWBs are not closing down?

I took a closer look to your tactic. Your are using waaaay more player and team instructions then I did. I hope I will have the time to test today. Ohh and I never thought of overload mentality, it is maybe good idea due to the defensive base formation. 1 question: why the CWBs are not closing down?

Because the match engine/opposition teams want them to close down :) When they close down too much, there will be space behind them, and as I wanted a defensively stable tactic, I set them to close down less. I do extensive testing for each tweak, and they perform better when they close down less. This can differ from patch to patch.

Last edited:
its not that mega defensive either as i beat Chelsea 9-1 away in the league using it

View attachment 802784

looks pretty solid mate. I'll give it a go once I have fully tested what I'm working on. Not something I will upload cos it doesn't take 50 shots a game and score 150 goals a season and only uses the default set pieces, but it gets clean sheets :)

View attachment 287918

keeps me happier