In the word, it says COMPLETE, complete means complete or EVERYTHING in other words, Rooney is not complete, he isn´t tall and hes not gonna win an air ball vs a tall CB.

Oh my... are you serious?

Okay, even though your definition is stupid and you've just ignored the one given by SI IN THEIR GAME to define a player role THEY CREATED, we'll take it you way. You cited three examples earlier in Lukaku, Sanogo and Babacar. Lukaku is not fast enough, by your standards, nor good enough at passing. Sanogo and Babacar just aren't good enough creatively, either.

You did say EVERYTHING so they need EVERYTHING. Just being tall, fast, strong and clinical isn't enough. By your definition, they need to be a six foot three version of Messi who has Mexes' defensive attributes.

In other words, you're wrong. Either that, or you never use CF as a role because in your eyes, they don't exist.

So its your personal preference if you think that you can get the best out of rooney as poacher you play him as a poacher

Rooney is not a poacher, playing him in that role wastes his creative talent and the general work he does for the team. Deep Lying or Complete Forward always.

In the word, it says COMPLETE, complete means complete or EVERYTHING in other words, Rooney is not complete, he isn´t tall and hes not gonna win an air ball vs a tall CB.
mantpro, you are just spamming the thread now. your opinon is incredibly flawed, and has shown be wrong by the game and real life standards.

Tevez is also a complete Forward for sure

Rooney is not a poacher, playing him in that role wastes his creative talent and the general work he does for the team. Deep Lying or Complete Forward always.

Thank you...

Anyway, enough of such tiresome things. Adriano could probably just about scrape it into the CF category, he's another one I forgot. Don't know whether Totti would count: CF Support, maybe.

Riiight... like passing and creativity, right? You said earlier that this has nothing to do with the thread, but it certainly has a lot to do with how we take your opinion. If you think Wayne Rooney is best used as a poacher... well, I can't speak for the others, but my willingness to listen to your opinion on player roles has dropped quite a bit.

The point of a forum is to listen to other people opinions, im not gonna think you´re an idiot just why i dont agree with your opinion on Rooney, i think he´s not tall enough for being a CF and you think that hes a perfect CF, well that´s your opinions, and it´s enough for me. :)

I was meaning mantpro preference I have only played Rooney as a complete forward

@mantpro

A target man is commonly known to be an aerial challenge, but can run on to the ball and can receive it to his feet, his focus is to win aerial and non aerial challenges up the pitch and hold the ball and distrubute accordingly, I would say rooney does that quite often as part of his role, so lets all agree that rooney would make a decent target man.

A complete foward possesses all the technical attributes of a deep-lying foward, the goal scoring ability of a poacher and the strength and power of a target man.

In the SI definition, where does it say Height, Jumping or Heading? It says strength and power, so why does a complete forward have to be a good target man?

also i find Amir Zaki makes a good championship CF

Im currently using Carlton Cole as my complete fwd 7 goals in 11 games

Leigh Griffiths 500k banging them in for me at stoke in complete forward support role

Luis Suarez is quality for me..Score and assists as well

Last edited:
There are a lot of ways to play the game, and I have a hard time telling someone they're "wrong".....so I'll just say you better have a **** strong squad if you're using Rooney as a poacher. Sure he's good at it, but it wastes about 75% of his skills......and honestly, there are about 50 better poachers in the game, miminum.

Dani Pacheco is a very good forward, buy him you won`t be sorry !!!

No, it isn't, because Jan Koller is one of the foremost aerial threats of his generation and Saviola is tiny. Rooney more than occasionally scores goals with his head.

Dead thread perhaps. My computer is a bit messed up so cant see dates. But just wanted to say "Gerd Müller"

Not sure if anyone has mentioned him.... but when you search a player for just the 'complete forward' attributes, the highest two players are Fernando Torres and..... Marouanne Chamakh.

fernando torres is the best CF in the game IMO plus i play tevez as a poacher and he 's been immense

Probably mentioned before, but here it goes

Oscar Cardozo, Wayne Rooney, Ricky van Hornswinkel, Llorente, Drogba, Anelka, Barrios, Hulk, Hoarau, Zamora, Crouch, Dzeko, Gignac, Kiessling, Grant Holt, Mandsukic, Forlan, Amr Zaki, Di vaio, Abel Hernandez, Ivan Klasnic

Probably mentioned before, but here it goes

Oscar Cardozo, Wayne Rooney, Ricky van Hornswinkel, Llorente, Drogba, Anelka, Barrios, Hulk, Hoarau, Zamora, Crouch, Dzeko, Gignac, Kiessling, Grant Holt, Mandsukic, Forlan, Amr Zaki, Di vaio, Abel Hernandez, Ivan Klasnic
And where's Cavani?