Comprehensive Test Of Mr L's Tactics - (including his new ones)

what type of strikers do you use? Complete forward types (seeing as PIs are same for both strikers)?

And all rounds DMs?

Well, my team is full of world class players, so I always look for the most complete in their roles. I used complete strikers (with different ppms), and complete DMs too. But I will start a new game with a weaker team to see what this tactic is really capable of.

Well, my team is full of world class players, so I always look for the most complete in their roles. I used complete strikers (with different ppms), and complete DMs too. But I will start a new game with a weaker team to see what this tactic is really capable of.

wanted to ask you, have you used these tactics (or your own 3142) in leagues other than the Spanish league? b/c most of the 160+ goals scored that I've seen are from Spain

wanted to ask you, have you used these tactics (or your own 3142) in leagues other than the Spanish league? b/c most of the 160+ goals scored that I've seen are from Spain

In England with some top teams the most goals I've got is about 145 with my tactic. But I haven't got as far in any other save as in my Barcelona save (2027).

In Brazil I got 103 goals in my second season with São Paulo FC. Teams in the brazilian league are very defensive, it's hard to get a lot of goals. Of the major leagues, I think Spain is really where you can get the highest goals total.

i dont seem to create many chances with Mr L with the 4-5-1 or the 4-4-2, isit just me or is that what tactic is like?

WOOW Tactic with Espanyol in 2021

Tried this for a season and it was a success for Espanyol, but having won Spanish league previous season was perhaps a bit of a let down in regards amount of goals scored. Defence wise was good and same as Jes's 262 tactic. Seemed to fail towards end of season in regards to scoring goals. Screenshot of league

View attachment 328746

WOOW Tactic with Espanyol in 2021

Tried this for a season and it was a success for Espanyol, but having won Spanish league previous season was perhaps a bit of a let down in regards amount of goals scored. Defence wise was good and same as Jes's 262 tactic. Seemed to fail towards end of season in regards to scoring goals. Screenshot of league

View attachment 706415

yep, I had an absolutely crazyy defense...just conceded 14 goals in the PL...with you on the goals

Mr. Langvatan, I have a question. I am about to start 442 and 451 tactics and I can see that you shared those tactics on your main thread with Rock corners? which one is better, the one shared here or the one with the rock corners?

100 Goal Striker!!!

442 Triple Tweak with Rock Corners
I went back to my athletico madrid save that used Arrigo Sacchi 442. An amazing side with lots very young, very high potential players. Straight forward move to 442 Triple Tweak.

What can I say. This is simply the most satisfying tactic I've played with. I never though I'd ever see Messi'esqe goals from my striker(s), but this tactic changed that. My young, 19 year old striker, scored 103 goals in 63 appearances (23 goals the champions league, 62 in the league, and 15 in the Spanish cup, all records for their competitions). One change that I made was post him on near post for corners, swapping him with the defender. So I got lots of corner goals for him, and flick on assists. He also had the most assists from open play. Lucky that he didn't get injured

My team Scored 159 league goals, beating my previous best of 142. Almost as effective home and away
Went unbeaten in all competitions, only 2 draws overall (in cup matches) and only 1 match in which I didn't score
159 league goals (29 from corners, 6 from free kicks, 9 from penalties)
53 goals in the Champions League, also a record
34 goals scored in spanish cup, also a record

League Table & Overview
View attachment 328467 View attachment 328466 View attachment 328465 View attachment 328464

Fixtures
View attachment 328463 View attachment 328462

Champions League Overview & Overall Season Stats

View attachment 328461 View attachment 328460

Squad Stats & Some Matches
View attachment 328459
View attachment 328457 View attachment 328458

Last edited:
I went back to my athletico madrid save that used Arrigo Sacchi 442. An amazing side with lots very young, very high potential players. Straight forward move to 442 Triple Tweak.

What can I say. This is simply the most satisfying tactic I've played with. I never though I'd ever see Messi'esqe goals from my striker(s), but this tactic changed that. My young, 19 year old striker, scored 103 goals in 63 appearances (23 goals the champions league, 62 in the league, and 15 in the Spanish cup, all records for their competitions). One change that I made was post him on near post for corners, swapping him with the defender. So I got lots of corner goals for him, and flick on assists. He also had the most assists from open play. Lucky that he didn't get injured

My team Scored 159 league goals, beating my previous best of 142. Almost as effective home and away
Went unbeaten in all competitions, only 2 draws overall (in cup matches) and only 1 match in which I didn't score

League Table & Overview
View attachment 707067 View attachment 707069 View attachment 707070 View attachment 707073

Fixtures
View attachment 707075 View attachment 707076

View attachment 707077 View attachment 707080

View attachment 707081
View attachment 707084 View attachment 707082 View attachment 707086 View attachment 707089 View attachment 707090 View attachment 707091 View attachment 707092
Tactic link please

League Table & Overview
View attachment 707067 View attachment 707069 View attachment 707070 View attachment 707073

Fixtures
View attachment 707075 View attachment 707076

View attachment 707077 View attachment 707080

View attachment 707081
View attachment 707084 View attachment 707082 View attachment 707086 View attachment 707089 View attachment 707090 View attachment 707091 View attachment 707092
Nice striker performance,very lucky with the injuries lol did you make the galegos changes in the tactic?

Last edited:
Nice striker performance,very lucky with the injuries lol did you make the galegos changes in the tactic?
yeah my other striker got injured he would got 40 leagues goals from open play too...

no I didnt, ill play 1 more season like this and then shift to the changes galego made

I've tried the Wow tactic and sadly its doing nothing for me, seems blunt. Just no cutting edge, could just be my team though as its Liverpool on the default database.

I tried your deep purple 4231 though with my Madrid save (Im in 2038) and I bet Athletico Madrid 10-0 in the first match.

I've tried the Wow tactic and sadly its doing nothing for me, seems blunt. Just no cutting edge, could just be my team though as its Liverpool on the default database.

I tried your deep purple 4231 though with my Madrid save (Im in 2038) and I bet Athletico Madrid 10-0 in the first match.
4231 is very good...

Everton first season with the 442 tripletweak:

image.jpg

image.jpg

BTW, is there a consensus on what is the best attacking corner setup? (I like using mine because it spreads the goals a bit, but I can't reach a conclusion about which one is better)