Comprehensive Test Of Mr L's Tactics - (including his new ones)

4-2-3-1 Deep Purple with Man City (season 2028-29)

New manager, complete rebuild of squad (at least 9 new first teamers brought in). So I had to have training on Team Cohesion - Teamwork uptil Jan, after which I shifted to Attacking Movement match training at 50% and Very High tactic from Jan to March and then fitness at very high from April to June (will continue with fitness for the next season till September)

I used WoW in between b/c of injuries but for no more than 15 matches I think. Since I bought players specifically for 4231, there was no reason to continue with WoW once my wingers got back from injury.

Finished third in the league with 89 points, 121 goals scored, and 37 conceded.
Won FA Cup
Reached Semifinals of the CL

League Table:

View attachment 331553

Very satisfied b/c it was a completely new team so no cohesion and since being a new manager it would take time for team to respond. A bit surprised at the goals conceded. Won the FA Cup, reached semi finals of CL against Leeds (another team I control, with bwompers 3232, its one of the strongest teams), lost 3-1 at home due to 10 men), was winning 4-1 away and then conceded 3 goals in 90, 92 and 94th minutes.

Fixtures
View attachment 330984View attachment 330983

Team:
CD
View attachment 699618View attachment 699621
DM
View attachment 699622View attachment 699624View attachment 699626
Fullback
View attachment 699629View attachment 699630
AML/AMR
View attachment 699632View attachment 699633
AMC
View attachment 699635
STC
View attachment 699636

I'll continue with 4231 deep purple for another season. I am thinking of changing my leeds side to WoW since I have some awesome DMs and Box to Box MR/ML coming through from the youth side, but might go with 3232 for another season.

Some results:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=699641&stc=1View attachment 699652View attachment 699643

Overview of season stats:
View attachment 699646

PS(Irrelevant)
Has anyone seen an AI striker with such attributes having so much success as a goal-scorer?
View attachment 699655View attachment 699656

PPS
Posted it in the wrong threas - moving it here has cause the images to disappera I do not know how to make them reappear.

Last edited:
I was looking at the tests results on the first post and saw that you didnt' test Mr. Langvatn 424 Tripletweak attack edition. Seeing how much goals the old 442 tripletweak scored on the tests, it would be very interesting to see how the new 424 version would fare. And if you ever do another test like these, I would love to see how my 3142 tactic would fare too.

Guys 45 goals and 0 conceeded with my Barca team 7 matches played! Only strong understanding in the team gel- their is nothing out their that compares with wooow unless Mr. L gets a new idea ofcause. You need very good players to get results like mine, this tactic has pretty much beaten the game engine. Again it doesn't look entertaining or like a top tactic, but since the game favours the deeper positions its 98% perfect. I'll try and get further with my season and in the end I will score more than 200 goals it will look insane, so you should really trust this tactic blindfoldedly. All the tests me and Mr L did in this thread led to the creation of Wooow.

Cheers

I am sure this is covered, but I have a couple of questions for both Jes and Mr. Lang:
1) you mentioned that after team is fully cohesive, you must shift general training to either Fitness or Tactics and use it for season to season or half season to half season. I use it like April-September Fitness and October-March Tactics. Is it fine like this?
2) you mentioned attacking movement or defensive positioning as match training at 50%. I am playing with a top team and use attacking movement. Would it make sense for instance to move to attacking for home games and defensive for away games?

PS. in my second season with 4231 deep purple and it looks much better so far

Currently in my fourth season with Blackburn now. What a topsy turvy season that has just gone. I decided to take a punt on the WOW tactic for my third season having finished 5th in my first season back in the PL (got promoted in my first season using 262 jesaustralia tactic). Have to say, for whatever reason, I had a shocker in the league....finished I think 12th in the end...however....got to the final...and lost in the capital one cup and then...got to the final.....and lost of the Uefa Cup! My players were absolutely cream crackered from dec through to may as well.

New season and I am back to using the 262 but have made a number of signings to bolster my squad and have implemented a new formula for my pre season which I am hoping will fix my fitness troubles come the latter part of the season....should be interesting!

Finished my second season with 4231 Deep Purple. Won the FA Cup again and the Champions league. Finished 1 point behind PL champions. Scored the most goals, conceded the least, yet still ended up behind (2 silly fixtures against lower table teams where I dropped 5 points - shouldn't have). Scoring more goals than the Leeds team is a big accomplishment IMO, that's an even stronger team that uses the bwomper 3232 tactic.

View attachment 330917 View attachment 330916 View attachment 330915
The strange thing is that I scored more goals in the previous season. Defense was much better this season though and performances much more consistent. Scored 20 goals off corners.

Overall season stats:
View attachment 330913

FA Cup match against the PL champions:
View attachment 330912 View attachment 330911

Enjoyed the general play a lot. Proper 4231 tactic, wingers track back, but mostly stay on the look out for quick counters. AMC drops deep and helps the DMs, STC hols up ball very well and brings others in play.

Think in a weaker league this tactic is good for 4 goals/match. In the PL, closer to 3.

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that different people have different experiences with the same tactics. In my tests, WOW dindn't perform as well as I had expected (wasn't scoring enough, not enough players going forward), but I wanted to use a different tactic anyway in my Barcelona save, so I chose the 442 Tripletweak, and haven't been disappointed.

With only minimal changes to the tactic, I'm in route to break my personal goalscoring record: so far, 92 scored and 4 conceded in 19 league games. And my biggest victory was a 10x0 against Real Madrid of all teams!

I will post the league table when I finish the season. But what I can say is that the 442 tripletweak is highly recommended for top teams.

I think it's safe to say that different people have different experiences with the same tactics. In my tests, WOW dindn't perform as well as I had expected (wasn't scoring enough, not enough players going forward), but I wanted to use a different tactic anyway in my Barcelona save, so I chose the 442 Tripletweak, and haven't been disappointed.

With only minimal changes to the tactic, I'm in route to break my personal goalscoring record: so far, 92 scored and 4 conceded in 19 league games. And my biggest victory was a 10x0 against Real Madrid of all teams!

I will post the league table when I finish the season. But what I can say is that the 442 tripletweak is highly recommended for top teams.
could you tell us the changes?

could you tell us the changes?

- Full backs: run from deep and run with ball sometimes;
- Crossing mixed for all players;
- Some experimenting with attacking corners and free kicks (use what you want here);

Mr.L, I was wondering about a variation in WOOW tactic and want to run it by you:
  1. move MR to AMR, mirroring the role of AML
  2. Either:
  • Move the CMR to DMR (box to box role like DML). Formation becomes 4321
--------GK-------
FB---CD--CD---FB
-DMR-DMC-DML-
AMR-----------AML
-------STC---------​

• [*=1]OR Move CMR to CM (unchanged) but change role of DML from box to box to anchorman type (mirroring the DMC). Formation becomes 42121
--------GK-------
FB---CD--CD---FB
----DMR---DML---
---------MC-------
AMR-----------AML
-------STC---------

Do you think this will work?

WOOW & WOOW Inverted end of season

Results:
Won the PL, remaining unbeaten (for the first time) and conceding the least amount of goals (14). Won the Capital One cup. Shock defeats in the CL semi final second leg and FA Cup semi final that i just did not expect of a tactic that is this consistent from a results as well as a defensive point of view (they were my only losses the whole season).

I was outscored by Man City (check next post - using 4231 Deep Purple for the 3rd year). With pretty much the same team (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...nkenstein-tactic-3-2-3-2-a-8.html#post2332839) I was able to score 132 goals.

League Table & Fixtures
View attachment 330316 View attachment 330315 View attachment 330314

Shock results
View attachment 330312 View attachment 330310

Overall Stats
View attachment 330309

For some reason, it hasnt scored as many goals for me as I'd like 2.8 per game in 62 games but the defense has been superb 0.5 goals conceded per match (the best ever I've seen if you ignore the shock result against Valencia). It is also the tactic which has seen me accumulate the worst discipline. Probably leading to such awesome defense.

I'd like to try the 442 next I think. Or move to Spain, I think defenses there won't be able to cope.

Last edited:
4231 Deep Purple 3rd Season with Man City

Its getting better and better. Got a new AML and a new CD, rest of the team was same as the past two seasons. Won the CL second time running, lost in Capital One and FA Cup finals. Lost the league by three points (ironically to the only team to beat me). My main striker got 65 goals and 13 assists from 63+4 appearances. 37 goals in the league. I outscored a much better team (Leeds) and scored more goals than them (although two results probably skewed this in 4231's favor, two victories by scoring 9 and 10 goals)

League table & Fixtures
View attachment 330308 View attachment 330307 View attachment 330306

Overall Stats
View attachment 330305

212 goals scored in 67 games @ 3.2 goals per game

What I have noticed is that I scored a lot more goals in the first half of the season (till december) when my general training was Fitness. Second half I change it to tactics, maybe that affected the results.

Anyways this is one thoroughly enjoyable tactic

Final league table with the 442 tripletweaked:

image.jpg

Beat my own goalscoring record by 1 goal! Great tactic!

image.jpg

I have my own record in 197 ( and tried woow tactic with no luck ) but the 9 goals against are superb galego! Did you make to much changes in the 442 tripletweaked tactic ?

I have my own record in 197 ( and tried woow tactic with no luck ) but the 9 goals against are superb galego! Did you make to much changes in the 442 tripletweaked tactic ?

Just the changes I described in post #110.

- Full backs: run from deep and run with ball sometimes;
- Crossing mixed for all players;
- Some experimenting with attacking corners and free kicks (use what you want here);
cross from , cross aim or both mixed?

I have tried the Woow tactic with a couple of saves and have been disappointed with it.. The build up was that it was a goal monster and am happy to find that I am not the only one to find it a bit disappointing. Was expecting with a great team to be scoring well over a 120 goals a season in league.. This never happened for me.. Good that it works for others but not as good in my experience as other tactics!

image.jpg

what type of strikers do you use? Complete forward types (seeing as PIs are same for both strikers)?

And all rounds DMs?