Cook Islands - Up With The Best

Well i don't have anything to do for 3 months. Just off the phone from the Nicaragua FA. They have a tour coming up in the Pacific Islands in February, and have asked us to field our strongest team against them as they are in need of a decent challenge, i'm sure my team qualify in that category. They are 30 places above us in the FIFA rankings but they have no notable players. For the next 3 months i'm going to visit the country and watch all of their players very closely. Also i'm taking Sarah with me, it could be very romantic. Our hotel looks right onto a beautiful lake, with the golden sand and blue waters. Like Cook Islands, only 20 degrees warmer. I'm really looking forward to this trip. Should be great. I'm going to meet up with Teariki and Tikalla during the winter break. But in Africa the football is just getting started.

View attachment 225553

What a stunning view. (iv'e been her IRL)​

Last edited:
Well i am a ******, turns out Nicaragua is in North America, and not Africa. I was expecting amazing jungle adventures and wildlife and Safari day's out. Don't get me wrong, the holiday was class, and the football was *****. Which was also very pleasing. All of their players were very poor, as where the teams they played for. I have no idea how they are 30 places above us in the FIFA world rankings. I had to take a minor detour before actually going to Nicaragua, I went to the United Arab Emirates to take a closer look at their goalkeeper who plays for Ah-Ahli. He impressed me a lot, a bit of a kitten if i'm being honest. I watched him for 2 games, and he kept 2 clean sheets. Only thing stopping us from winning i believe. It me and Sarah's anniversary tomorrow, now we are back in the Cook's, she has a huge surprise coming ...

Can't wait for 2012 to get underway ..​

Forgot my password for this website, but managed to log in, been following for ages and dying to comment... Finally, excellent story and plot, must be brave to take on Cook Islands but I see you're doing well, lest hope Cook Islands can develop many young, talented star :)

thanks mate, no updates tonite, got the celtic match to attend

can't contin
ue the story. Crash dump Sorry guys. have a new one very shortly.

:'( unlucky you should try getting a blue square team to win the champions league...i would follow tht

well gutted, thourghly enjoyed this story, please do new story and advertise it on her so I can find it :)

Gutted this story has ended :'(

not to sure about your choice for a new story tho, the story will need to be epic for people to follow because Celtic steamrolling every team in League two by a big margin may not be enough to keep people coming back for more.

YESSSS I RECOVERED THIS GAME, I don't know how. Story is back on lads.

So next for Cook Islands is Nicaragua, i managed to get a good long look at this side, and they weren't much. Their goalkeeper is excellent but thats all. I believe we have enough ability to batter them. The pitch is very worn out after a recent tropical storm. Hope we can use this to our advantage.

View attachment 229353

Lads don't be intimidated by them today, they are a poor side. We can beat them, and a victory could help our cause in the world rankings. Knock the ball around and let them chase the game. Test out the keeper and see how good he really is. Get out there and show what we are capable of.

29.2.12 v Nicaragua

View attachment 229354

View attachment 229355

PASSIONATE DISPLAY SEES COOK ISLANDS IN SHOCK DRAW

Peter Hewitt's Cook Islands seem unbeatable under him as head coach as his record extends to 16 games unbeaten with the Scot in charge. The game was played in a semi-waterlogged pitch and with barely visible lines the match officials had a nightmare throughout the 90 minutes. Cook Islands attacked from the off and Star Tikalla hit the bar after 12 minutes and Paul Luiz van Eijk put the rebound past the post. Tikalla then started showing off nutmegging 1 player before a magical piece of skill took him one on one with the goalkeeper but the keeper held his ground and tipped it wide for a corner. Cook Islands dominance could only mean one thing, a goal. And Tikalla was the man to provide the breakthrough with a towering header from a Varney corner on 35 minutes. 5 minutes later it was 2-0 after some nice link up play Geoffrey Strickland chipped the goalkeeper. Cook Islands went in at half time comfortable leaders.

The second half was a completely different story, Nicaragua pulled one back after a mistake from the Cook Islands stopper meant Sergio Aviles could just tap the ball in the net. It was a dominant display by the Nicaraguan side, they passed the ball around well and created a few chances. But the Cook Islands goalkeeper was determined to make up for his previous mistake. With ten minutes to go the game was leveled , the goal came from a Cook Islands corner and Juan Garcia picked the ball up from his own box and ran 90 yards without being challenged and passed the ball by the keeper. An excellent solo effort. This draw should see Cook Islands rise a few places in the FIFA world rankings.

Managers Say:

Absolutely gutted about their comeback, but i'm really proud of the boys. It was a very hardworking performance and the lads showed alot of passion throughout the 90 minutes. Tikalla showed what kind of ability he has again. No friendlies up and coming, going back to Scotland next week for 4 weeks.

Last edited:
enjoying the story immensely so far mate, so glad you didn't lose it, KUTGW :)

two days after the Nicaragua game, I headed back of to Britain. But Sarah had to stay at the hotel to work so I was all alone, I was looking forward to seeing the Grandad again. We haven't spoken in months, Iv'e missed him a lot since iv'e been away and i worry about his well-being sometimes. He's 80 now and is getting more fragile as the days go on. On the plane there i was seated next to a very familiar face. I just couldn't picture him. It was Lt. Jones from Afghanistan. He is the man who saved my life every day out in the front line. He is a hero of mine. We went through so much together when i was out in Helmond, and his courage and bravery was an inspiration. We got talking and he was saying that my name had been ringing around his hometown of Kilmarnock and that they want me to replace Kenny Shiels at the end of the season. I just laughed it off, but it was a tempting offer, but i couldn't leave the Cook Islands for a ****** SPL team. He then went on to say he had been following a blog about me on the Sky Sports website. It contained match updates and rumours about my future etc. And i was flattered. He then sighed, i immediately knew something was up. He looked at me in desperation and anger saying ...

"col. Gary Talbot is dead" it was like being shot in the heart, "he got caught in an IED explosion outside Kandahar. He died on the helicopter returning to base" tears streamed down my eyes. My best friend, gone. I had known him since i was 4. It was always our dream to be in the army. But we were young and consequences meant nothing to us. I couldn't get my head around it. I planned on visiting him while i was in Scotland, Anger overwhelmed my 5 ft 10 frame. Why hadn't i heard about this? How did it happen? Should i go back into the force and seek revenge?, all these questions where buzzing around my brain ... I must have fallen asleep, we were in Birmingham already. The Colonel had gone, was i dreaming? An air hostess told me that i had to get off the plane. I was really confused, it all seemed so real. I went to collect my suitcase and the colonel reappeared, you'll get over it son, you'll get over it And him and his wife disappeared. So it was real, I had no time to think, the train to Aberdeen was leaving in 4 minutes. I made a run for it ....

The train ride was long and boring. I missed Sarah, she loved the train from Birmingham to Aberdeen and she was good company. I got off the train at Aberdeen station, and had to get a coach from Aberdeen to Fife, which was another hour or two. It had been such a draining journey. Full of up's and downs. The bus was a rather enjoyable ride as the Scottish scenery is one of the most stunning there is. It's a beautiful country if your'e not in one of the big cities. I arrived at the Fife bus station and the final part of the journey was a taxi to the cottage. As we approached the house, police cars were filling the street where i lived. And then when we managed to find a space to park, My house had been cordoned off by police tape, i ripped it open and ran indoors. And i seen the most horrific thing, my grandfather, lying on the ground. With a bullet in his head ....