Cook Islands - Up With The Best

lol na...but you could have done both lol,but well done on winning a trophey amazing acheivment...i am thinking of doing a save as guadaloupe or guinea bissau or a low ranked team.. as i have one going on fm10 and it fun wot do u think

lol na...but you could have done both lol,but well done on winning a trophey amazing acheivment...i am thinking of doing a save as guadaloupe or guinea bissau or a low ranked team.. as i have one going on fm10 and it fun wot do u think

should definitely try it, very rewarding. Difficult though

Love this story, first thing I check when I'm on this. KEEP IT UP :D.

Just read all 9 pages so far, and really enjoyed so far. Well done on winning a trophy and things are looking good for future results

It makes me want to do the same with a low ranked team now :D

After returning to the Cook Islands after winning the pacific games in New Caledonia, I decided i needed to take a break. It was almost 3 months until our next game. I had looked up online at hotels, and places where i could visit. One hit me "Angers, France" I had heard of this place before but couldn't remember where. Then I remembered. Tikalla had recently joined the team that plays there. It was a well needed break from everything plus i could go on a little scouting trip. So Sarah never had to come with me. I wanted some alone time, things are turning bad again in our relationship. This could be perfect ...

View attachment 225241View attachment 225242

I discreetly attended the Angers home matches for 2 months, Tikalla started every one of them. He still hasn't settled in well to the French game, most of his performances where very poor. He did score a cracker in the cup against Paris Saint Germain where they won 3-1 in a shock victory over the Oil Rich club. Our next friendly is against Vanuatu, i never really wanted to play it but a game is a game, hopefully get the ranking up in the process of winning it. Tahiti have also invited us to go over to their island and give them a beating.​

After an amazing break in France i ret urned home to The Cook Islands, Sarah picked meup from the airport, i was actually really happy too see her. I did miss her after a while, got a decent tan over there also. Angers is a very beautiful city and would happily go back there. As long as Tikalla's club performances improve. I was really surprised i thought he would have done fine over there, maybe he just isn't settling in there and is feeling a bit home sick. I hadn't taken a phone or computer with me during my time, i was completely secluded and loved it. I checked my phone, over 70 messages. Nothing important. But then i went onto my emails and the following made my day ....

[email protected]

Hello Peter, i hope you are enjoying your trip to France and hope that Tikalla is making our island proud with his performances. The following link is s
ure to make you a happy chappy ..​

bbc.com/sports/football-news/Cook-Islands-Rank-Rises

View attachment 225262

COOK ISLANDS FIFA RANKING IS NEW RECORD AFTER PACIFIC GAMES TRIUMPH

View attachment 225263

Yesterdays FIFA ranking announced that Peter Hewitt's Cook Islands triumph in New Caledonia at the pacific games has lifted them to a record 177th place. The Islands national team where a very poor 195th before the Scot took over from the local locksmith. Hewitt is currently holidaying in France and will probably not here of the news until he returns. Hewitt is still unbeaten as the manager of Cook Islands drawing 2 and winning 14. A fantastic record. He is being touted in the media as the next Josep Guardiola. And at the age of only 26 he has definitely got a bright future ahead of him. Dinamo Moscow are supposedly interested in his services for their next campaign.

i feel abit sorry for pep as he's not realy old enough to have a new him yet. anyway another quality update as always and you've still got me hooked.

Vanuatu are the next opponents. Can't be arsed playing them to be honest, they are *****. I feel we need a right good challenge, i've invited a few teams over to play but they have all rejected the invites. Cunts, i picked a fairly weak squad for the matches. Tahiti on Wednesday, should also be *****. I am sick of playing these awful islands, their too easy to beat. oh well

Guys, expecting a dominant performance off of you today. Play the ball on the deck and into feet, don't let them get into the game at all. I want to see some fancy footwork and some great goals. Keep hassling them and don't let them worry us. Let them think about us. Get out there get a good warm up and get a decent res
ult

12.11.11 v Vanuatu
View attachment 225277

View attachment 225278

COOKS IN POOR DISPLAY DESPITE VICTORY

A Tikalla hat trick did
enough to sec
ure a 3-2 win over Cook Islands opponents Vanuatu. The match was thrilling with lots of great football, lots of goals. And some feisty challenges also. Tikalla gave Hewitt's side an early lead after 5 minutes when he chipped the keeper from 20 yards out. A sweet finish from the talisman. He then doubled the lead on 17 minutes, a Teariki Piri corner was cleared. Then debutant Shaka Rewele put the ball back in the box and Tikalla rose highest to knock it in the top corner. The rest of the first half consisted off bad tackles, then a poor refereeing decisions saw one of Vanuatu's players go right through Michael Varney then playing a long pass which turned into an assist when Soromon passed the ball into the net on 41 minutes. The second half was even as exciting as the first. Some nice football between both sides. It was an even game up until 70 minutes where the cook islands started to dominate. The pressure they put on the oppositions defence paid off when Tikalla sealed his hat trick and the victory for the Cook Islands. Vanuatu scored a consolation goal in the 92nd minute from a corner.

MANAGERS SAY

The
scoreline doesn't replicate the performance from the lads, they were very impressive. Really happy with the result. Tikalla was immense once again. 10 in 14. Amazing record. Tahiti friendly now ..

Just read through all nine pages so far and I love this story. It's a fantastic idea and the updates are first class. Keep it up mate. :)Maybe you can include some information when a player breaks a national record, if there are any. :p

Just read through all nine pages so far and I love this story. It's a fantastic idea and the updates are first class. Keep it up mate. :)Maybe you can include some information when a player breaks a national record, if there are any. :p

thanks mate glad yer enjoying it, sounds like a plan, i will if any records are broken.

Hey Mate I have just read this aswell, and it's brilliant. I like the idea behind it and hope you conyinue with it. Please have a read of mine it's the Red Devil Man Utd one. Thanks mate, look foward to reading more of this too.

Tahiti is the final game of a spectacular year for me, in a laterupdate. i'll look back on it. I'm expecting us to round the year off with a bang, in style. I want us to hammer Tahiti and that would mean we are undefeated in the year of 2011. An amazing achievement. Picked the strongest squad possible, Tikalla has a virus but he should pull through and start the match. Well here it goes

​Lets round this excellent year off in style, lets go out there and hammer them tonight. They are useless, one of the worst teams we have been up against. I bet all of you in this room here want to leave 2011 knowing we never got beaten this year, well lets make that happen. COME ON LADS

15.11.11 v Tahiti
View attachment 225307

View attachment 225308

FABULOUS DISPLAY BY COOKS SEES THEM UNDEFEATED IN 2011

The cook islands last game in 2011 was played in style in the island of Tahiti. The game was completely one sided and at times very dull to watch. And Tikalla scored his 2nd hat trick in 3 days for his island. The breakthrough came on the 37th minute when Tikalla headed the ball home from a Teariki Piri cross. Cook Islands went into half time with a 1-0 lead. Tikalla then scored 2 minutes after the interval, the 2 combining again, but this time scoring a volley from close range. He then sealed his 2nd hat trick in 2 games and the victory for Cooks in the 72nd minute when he hit the ball home from 8 yards. Ngatuaine Mani then scored his 3rd goal for the island. Hewitt will be delighted with his teams performance.

MANAGERS SAY

Well that was a very special victory, Tikalla is on top form at the moment, he is also starting to perform for Angers also. I am soo proud of the boys. Speechless. What a year ...

This has been been without doubt the best year of my life. I have met so many amazing people, and explored and been to so many beautiful islands over the 12 month period i have been in charge of the cook islands. I have fallen in love with this place and to think only 15 months ago i was staring death in the face every day on the front line in Helmond Provence eating rationed food. Mostly rice and freezing cold chicken. I'm now in a tropical island eating for free in a 7 star hotel with a beautiful wife and great friends with an amazing job. Living life to the full everyday down at the golden beaches and in the beautiful light blue waters. Going on excursions to tiny islands only the birds live on, going to meet tribes on the island. All this stuff tops beings shot at in Afghanistan by a long long way. Well onto the football side of my life ...

Well So far my managerial career has been absol
utely amazing. Got a fantastic record, not to brag or anything. 13 wins and 2 draws in the 15 games, i am really happy with that. Should be 15 out of 15 though, St Kitts where all over us but we had some excellent chances. And the New Caledonia draw was inexcusable, we where so dominant it was unreal. But Tikalla was absent and our finishing was disgusting. As for the rumours about my future, some where true, for example Annan athletic where interested in me, and the board at Dinamo Moscow got in touch, but i was never going anywhere. I am 100% to this cause as the great Tommy Burns would say. My team have climbed an impressive 18 places this year while i have been in charge, currently 177th in the rankings. I hope to get the team to 150th by next year. We'll just take it game by game though.

View attachment 225480View attachment 225481
My lifestyle has changed completely in such a short space of time. Look at the difference, what would you prefer ??

World Ranking Graph

View attachment 225482

yeah what a story so far ... it must be difficult waiting for the next fixture without a club to keep you occupied