I will download and put it in my queue, however I probably won't get around to testing it for a while. Thank you for the suggestion.

Hey Core2FM.

This is not my tactic, nor will I take ANY credit for it.
But I find this tactic so fun to watch, and give me great results, that I want to see it tested in the league.
Download link to tactic -> https://mega.nz/#!b5AyhKqY!xIWfVcNCVJhQxatGiVM50m07T4CnZ9QCrURz3g08WGE

Tactic is Luke's Strikerless.
And yes, its strikerless - but that is doesnt use strikers seems to confound the AI.

Finished testing Wrath v5 attacking in the top 10/West Ham test. Lost 4 of the last 5 games otherwise end result could have been different.

Finished testing Wrath v5 attacking in the top 10/West Ham test. Lost 4 of the last 5 games otherwise end result could have been different.
Thanks you for the test. I knew that tactic was special :) my striker was near 45+goals in a season so far..in low league :)
I ll turn back into this :D

Thank you for making me aware of this. I solely use the balanced version as I thought the attacking would leak too many goals, however it is actually more solid than the balanced version.

Thanks you for the test. I knew that tactic was special :) my striker was near 45+goals in a season so far..in low league :)
I ll turn back into this :D

Finished testing Annihilator v7 in the top 4 db test. Two 7-5 games in the same season. Screenshots as always in my dropbox.

Seems to be so much discrepancy among all the tests atm, not that 'm complaining or don't appreciate your work, it's just that it's hard to ascertain whether or not there's a top tactic atm. Maybe it's just about finding what tactic suits your team perfectly..
Anyway, I definitely like and appreciate you work using different PL teams. Keep it up.

there is no top tactic and there can not be one. SI wanted it like that. just wonder, why all those 3-4 main tactic creators always constantly produce new versions of their tactics? because they themselfes see that the tactic ends to run after a while then they make a few changes, change dribbling settings have a few good runs and immediately upload it and think it is the next big thing, but after a few games, they once again must see that it was just a few games... I have had several tactics created by myself, having good runs for 25-30 games, really was great and then it started to crush and everything was going wrong... it seems like impossible to create one tactic as it was the case in 11 and fm 12...

You are right to an extent, however what the testing is trying to ascertain is, given the same set of circumstances which tactic will perform better. Ie the save file is exactly the same, the AI teams have been modified to always play the same, ie some will attack, some will defend, so given the exact same circumstances if one tactic vastly outperforms another tactic, then we can conclude that over a season, tactic a will perform better than tactic b.

Also it is important to note that some tactics are heavily reliant on the type of players they utilise. The plug and play 4-4-1-1 tactic with the modified West Ham team, had Song and Obiang in the centre of midfield, both these players are strong and can defend well as well as attack. I tested with having more creative types of midfielders in these role, and the results were not as good. I have also noticed that for some tactics it is very important to have a naturally left footed LCB and left footed LCM.

The modified West Ham test db replicates a solid mid table top 10 team, the modified Liverpool test replicates a strong top 4 team, I will later add an underdog test. Once all these tests are finished, we will be able to see which tactic performs best with certain types of teams and players.

Also it is important to have a good home tactic, a good away tactic and a desperado tactic. I always include the home and away results in my screenshots as you can see some tactics perform much better at home and vice versa.

there is no top tactic and there can not be one. SI wanted it like that. just wonder, why all those 3-4 main tactic creators always constantly produce new versions of their tactics? because they themselfes see that the tactic ends to run after a while then they make a few changes, change dribbling settings have a few good runs and immediately upload it and think it is the next big thing, but after a few games, they once again must see that it was just a few games... I have had several tactics created by myself, having good runs for 25-30 games, really was great and then it started to crush and everything was going wrong... it seems like impossible to create one tactic as it was the case in 11 and fm 12...

Last edited:
Btw, could you pls test my tactic as well? I am really desperate to know, whether its due to my tactic having a weakness, which the AI recognizes after 25-30 weeks or whether other circumstances as morale, team talks etc. play a role in failing towards the end of the season totally... https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykhrtar74...ED7D348E-9451-406A-89F4-B62DF4A92857.fmf?dl=0
I was 1st in the premier division with west ham in the first season until week 30 and was in the quarter finals of the euro league, suddenly it crashed and I started to concede silly goals, one after one... would like to know the reason. I dont use OI's, Team Talks are handled by my assistant manager and I dont care about the dcl having left foot or wingers or inside forwards :) Just using one wide playmaker and one wide midfielder on the wings :)

I have downloaded it, but I don't know when I will get around to testing it. With regards to a drop off in performance, well if your tactic is strong and you are doing well at the start of the season, naturally when you play the same teams again they will use a more cautious approach and there will be less space to exploit. Also team morale, condition, sharpness, role suitabiliy, even the temperament of your players play a big part in continued success. If some of your key players lack certain mental attributes then their performance will tail off.

One major observation from all my testing is, the performance of any given tactic can improve exponentially if you have pairs of left and right footed players throughout the team. ie right and left footed central defenders, central midfielders and attackers, if playing a two striker formation. My testing has shown 10-15% increase in performance in the 442 type of tactics when all players are naturally footed in the position they have been assigned.

Also I would look at taking control of your team talks, a good rule of the thumb especially if you are a strong team is to be more demanding of your players at home and more cautious when away. Also don't berate your players performance as much when away, but give them the hairdryer treatment if performance is poor at home.

Btw, could you pls test my tactic as well? I am really desperate to know, whether its due to my tactic having a weakness, which the AI recognizes after 25-30 weeks or whether other circumstances as morale, team talks etc. play a role in failing towards the end of the season totally... https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykhrtar74...ED7D348E-9451-406A-89F4-B62DF4A92857.fmf?dl=0
I was 1st in the premier division with west ham in the first season until week 30 and was in the quarter finals of the euro league, suddenly it crashed and I started to concede silly goals, one after one... would like to know the reason. I dont use OI's, Team Talks are handled by my assistant manager and I dont care about the dcl having left foot or wingers or inside forwards :) Just using one wide playmaker and one wide midfielder on the wings :)

Finished testing Knap's The Crunge in the top 10 test. A record 21 red cards which obviously hampered the performance as some were quite early in the game. Also one crazy game below:, more screenshots as usual in the dropbox folder.

View attachment 153006

Finished testing Puskas III in the top 4/strong team test. Dropbox and spreadsheet updated.

Finished testing Martino's Raumdeuter Party v2 and Raizen's Swiss Knife in the top 10 mid table team test. Results from both ends of the spectrum. As always spreadsheet updated and screens in dropbox folder.

Great work mate thanks for your dedication :) The details of your tests are amazing, keep up the good work fella :)

Finished testing plug and play 4-4-1-1 and kingdom v2 underdog tests. I am slowly trying to complete all the tests, but a picture is already starting to emerge, that no one tactic fits all.

Wrath (attacking) v5 did very well in the top 10 test, could you be tempted to test TFFs Ultimate V6? also a 4-2-3-1 but with different roles on the MCR and MCL. Could be interresting to see how two similar team shapes from the same author does compared to each other.

Sure I can add it to the queue, the regular ultimate v6 or the WM one?

Wrath (attacking) v5 did very well in the top 10 test, could you be tempted to test TFFs Ultimate V6? also a 4-2-3-1 but with different roles on the MCR and MCL. Could be interresting to see how two similar team shapes from the same author does compared to each other.