Craig Bellamy banned by Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're making it out as if they played stupid prices for all there players, however I feel that the prices they payed for the players were good, Silva for 26m was a good deal, Toure for 24m is maybe abit over-payed but that's the Man City way, you're making it out as if there spending 50m on a single player, I just think this is the typical United fans opinion as they don't like seeing there neighbours trying to achieve something in world football.

Selective blindness? What about last season deals and Milner one? Which clubtreated their best players and better academy players the way City has done.? And what about the over 200K/W wages that they are paying Toure?

Typical United fans? You think we dont have the right to post our opinions on our rivals?

1) cut out the arguing, back up your points rather than slagging each other off

2) this is not a city bashing thread

first and only warning to all

I hope he goes to Fulham he does well under Hughes.

To the people arguing about the amount City pay for players: The prices they pay arent really that big its the wages that they offer. Theyve also made a lot of big money signings, a normal clubs will only make one. I dont see why they get so much stick tbh look at Madrid last year. people barely said anything. I suppose its because City are newcomers?

People may say he's a **** but he has set up a number of soccer schools in Africa...

You're making it out as if they played stupid prices for all there players, however I feel that the prices they payed for the players were good, Silva for 26m was a good deal, Toure for 24m is maybe abit over-payed but that's the Man City way, you're making it out as if there spending 50m on a single player, I just think this is the typical United fans opinion as they don't like seeing there neighbours trying to achieve something in world football.

Well that's what you think. Robinho for 32.5m used to seems like a good deal too, and how is it now? How can you even say that Silva for 26m is a good deal, when he is yet to have proven himself? They might not have spent 50m on a single player, but they certainly had spent a lot on multiple players. Look at the size of their squad now, and then look at the wages of the players. Adebayor 140k per week, Tevez 140k, Yaya Toure 200k, Kolo Toure 120k, Robinho 165k etc. In a transfer deal, it isn't only the transfer fee that counts, their weekly salary is important as well.

So far Man City had made few decent deals in Tevez, De Jong etc (they do not come cheap though), but they had been making horrible signings as well. RSC, Lescott, Robinho, Jo etc comes to mind immediately.

Not only that, the way they are dealing with their players in unacceptable as well. Stephen Ireland - their former player of the year, Bellamy - their star performer last year, Richard Dunne - their influential captain for many years etc had been cast aside as if they're nothing. Their selling of Richard Dunne came back and haunt them last season, so I'm hoping more would try and prove Man City wrong by casting them aside (although Man City seems to have learned the lesson and refusing to offload their players to their rivals.

bellamy was not their star player last year, tevez was by a mile. ireland is talented but mentally hasnt got what it takes to compete at the very highest level. city have the money they are entitles to spend as they wish. these players arent victims they should know full well what the game is when they sign for city.

bellamy was not their star player last year, tevez was by a mile. ireland is talented but mentally hasnt got what it takes to compete at the very highest level. city have the money they are entitles to spend as they wish. these players arent victims they should know full well what the game is when they sign for city.

Tevez was better but not by mile.

Ireland was their best player in 2008-09. last season he was injured and never given chance, To say he is not good enough to play at highest level is foolishness. He is excellent player.

One manager signs some players, management change, Other manager bring his own set of players, old players are shown the door. And Ireland was academy product so your last line doesnt hold good for him.

Anyways i'm not interested about this matter any more. They can spend as much as they can, i will enjoy the circus.

Tevez was better but not by mile.

Ireland was their best player in 2008-09. last season he was injured and never given chance, To say he is not good enough to play at highest level is foolishness. He is excellent player.

One manager signs some players, management change, Other manager bring his own set of players, old players are shown the door. And Ireland was academy product so your last line doesnt hold good for him.

Anyways i'm not interested about this matter any more. They can spend as much as they can, i will enjoy the circus.
i said mentally hes not. its no secret that he is mentally fragile.and tevez was better by some way. you pick up on ireland, but fail to pick up the many others who have joined and are now on the way out. just because it may not hold true for one person doesnt mean it doesnt hold true to the considerable number who have joined. like many people who bash city you pick up on the negatives while ignoring the positives.

In all fairness Bellamy brought this on himself. With so many clashes with former managers and players e.g Bobby Robson, Souness and Shearer at Newcastle then Riise at Liverpool. It was by law of averages that one day a manager would just turn around to him and say 'You know what f**k off!!'

It may be harsh banning him from training ground but its what he deserves really.

Last edited:
he is a real ****, always has been one, but i do feel sorry for him, I would be a bit ****** off too if the club i was contracted to was treating me like that! i would also tend to be a bit disruptive before I left and would tell the manager what I thought of him!! :D but as madsheep said above, you need to know what you are signing yourself into when you join clubs like that, at 95k a week you would expect to play week in and week out at most "normal clubs"

the moral of this story is, be fair to the player and all parties concerned, communication is key, Mancini seems to be a little bit of a ***, seems like he never confronted Bellamy, sat him down and said,

"listen here Craig, we are going to find you another club mate, you are not in our 1st team plans and i think its fair that we find you an alternative club so that you may continue to play football on a regular basis"

i swear this thread is meant to be about craig bellamy not stephen ireland lol

Listen here Shity, it takes more then a sheikh and stupid wages to win a league, FACT.

Sounds like someone's jealous...

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

In all fairness Bellmay brought this on himself. With so many clashes with former managers and players e.g Bobby Robson, Souness and Shearer at Newcastle then Riise at Liverpool. It was by law of averages that one day a manager would just turn around to him and say 'You know what f**k off!!'

It may be harsh banning him from training ground but its what he deserves really.

To be fair, Riise is a ****. He got beaten up by Carew while on international duty, sent sleazy, identical texts to half of Norway's female stars etc.

SSN have talked to Dave Jones of Cardiff, claims no contact over Bellamy, be it for training or a loan.

40 players. 25 man squad. Bellamy is B E A S T! Mancini is F A I L . end of story.

Sounds like someone's jealous...

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

To be fair, Riise is a ****. He got beaten up by Carew while on international duty, sent sleazy, identical texts to half of Norway's female stars etc.

That does not mean that you can attack someone with a golf club for being a **** though really does it

i said mentally hes not. its no secret that he is mentally fragile.and tevez was better by some way. you pick up on ireland, but fail to pick up the many others who have joined and are now on the way out. just because it may not hold true for one person doesnt mean it doesnt hold true to the considerable number who have joined. like many people who bash city you pick up on the negatives while ignoring the positives.

Well I understand if you said that Ireland is mentally fragile, but I don't think Tevez is any better anyway. A guy that is complaining about his lack of love for football and is considering retirement when he's 26 isn't really that stable mentally, or is he?

And the point here is about how Man City is treating their players. Players are offloaded simply because they aren't a star players, not because whether they're able to perform or not. I thought the main purpose for a player when they're signing for a club is that they will do their best for the club on the field?

This isn't about us picking on the negatives while ignoring the positives. I'm just talking about how Man City treated players that had done well for them. If you think that this is the right way for a club to treat their players merely because they've got the cash to splash, then alright I have nothing to argue against you.

Bellamy played so well last season. I hope he scores the goal to deny man city of a top 4 finish. Join Spurs Craig.. and score a last minute goal ...and i will love you forever!

lol that actually sounds like something id do as punishment if i was a manager

Status
Not open for further replies.