Cricket

****** ell Pietersen I didn't get up at 5am for you to last 1 hour! Game over already

Stupid chokers. Bresnan would not have **** himself when batting like Patel did. Monty is a joke, if he plays test cricket again I might start supporting SA

Oh yeah, lots of optimism with the Protea's atm, just hope it doesnt all come crashing down on me :(.

I thought Philander would of dropped off a bit but he just keeps decimating teams, whether it continues we will see (I obviously hope so!). I really cannot wait for the England series, I sense a classic series in the making, lets hope it lives up to the expectations!

Hopefully he stays fit over the next few months playing for Somerset and also, hopefully the English batsmen don't get too used to him :)

England made too many mistakes. The dropping of Mahela Jayawardene was crucial considering that Sri Lanka's batting relies totally on him Sanga and to a certain extent Dilshan.

England also struggled against Spin Bowling. Have to say Herath and Randiv exploited their weaknesses expertly, Trott played a fighting innings but ultimately had no support from the other end.

I really thought England had that when Prior and Trott were going so well, but then it just shows how we are still struggling against spin bowling, apart from them two and maybe Peitersen we still got rattled over against a decent bowling attack but I would not say it is anything special.

Sub continental pitches, home ground bullies all that.

Now what 4 losses in a row for England?

Stupid chokers. Bresnan would not have **** himself when batting like Patel did. Monty is a joke, if he plays test cricket again I might start supporting SA

Do it, Do it! SA rock!

Philander 2nd fastest player in history to take 50 test wickets! yes please!

England have been really ****! Half the team deserves to be dropped, new faces in! Give them something to play for!

Let them go back to County or the likes and get some confidence back, take a few wickets or make decent runs etc..

never seen this thread before, i love cricket. played for about 6-7 years starting in year 7 but not played for a good 3-4 years now :( used to get banana-like swing on the ball but was a bit useless at batting lol.

thinking about starting to play again over summer when im home from uni...

Cant wait for south africa series, how many more chances is peterson and strauss going to get dont think strauss has got a century in last 50 innings or somethin like that. 2 big mistakes cost us droppin jaya and broads no ball in 2nd innings oh yeah and we cant play spin!!!

who was the indian chap who looked like he shat bricks when he attempted to catch the ball but ended up dropping them?

That was rather pathetic! you cant be scared of the ball as a cricketer! lol

who was the indian chap who looked like he shat bricks when he attempted to catch the ball but ended up dropping them?

That was rather pathetic! you cant be scared of the ball as a cricketer! lol

He is not an Indian. Jonty Panesar.

Monty Panesar is a joke.

Really do not understand why England played him and Samit Patel, surely 3 spinners is overkill when you have quality fast bowlers like Bresnan, Tremlett, Finn and Onions (Why has he not played more since England's last tour to SA?)

Cant wait for south africa series, how many more chances is peterson and strauss going to get dont think strauss has got a century in last 50 innings or somethin like that. 2 big mistakes cost us droppin jaya and broads no ball in 2nd innings oh yeah and we cant play spin!!!

In 15 tests since Dec 2010, Strauss has scored 656 runs at an average of 28.5 with 5 half centuries and a top score of 87. Simply not good enough for a test opener.

Last edited:
Really do not understand why England played him and Samit Patel, surely 3 spinners is overkill when you have quality fast bowlers like Bresnan, Tremlett, Finn and Onions (Why has he not played more since England's last tour to SA?)

Suffered a pretty bad back injury, it looked at one stage like he would have to retire. Played relatively well for Durham last year but to be honest he isn't to the standard he was 2-3 years ago. Certainly behind Anderson, Broad, Tremlett, Bresnan and probably even Finn in the pecking order.

Seriously! People blaming the bowling attack? Have you seen our batting.

The batting was mostly at fault in this game but I was merely saying that there was no need for 3 spinners in the side when England clearly have quality quicks. Panesar bowled 47 overs in the match taking 2-101.

From an outside perspective, England were a better team with Swann being the only spinner and the 3 quicks. That team composition got them to number 1 and I do not think they should have changed it.

Seriously! People blaming the bowling attack? Have you seen our batting.

Im simply blaming Monty, the guy is a joke, and should never have been recalled. You can't be classed as an international cricketer anymore if you can't field and at least hold a bat. There are 50 year olds playing 2nd team cricket at my club with more ability in the field and with the bat than Monty Spannersar has.

In 15 tests since Dec 2010, Strauss has scored 656 runs at an average of 28.5 with 5 half centuries and a top score of 87. Simply not good enough for a test opener.

Strauss is the most successful English Ashes captain of recent times, he's undroppable for a while yet. He needs some runs this Summer though!

Onions hasn't quite been the same since his injury.

Bresnan is the absolute beans, a proper cricketer. He's the anti-Monty, not just a great bowler but can bat too, and plays proper shots with a lovely straight bat, safe pair of hands and works hard (even though its clear he likes a few beers) in the field.

Personally I think Bell should have been dropped for this series as he's been awful of late. Ok he redeemed himself sort of in this match but still, he's been as bad as Morgan and Morgan got the chop.

My team to start this series would have been:

Strauss
Cook
Trott
KP
Prior
Broad
Patel
Bresnan
Swann
Anderson
Finn

A little light on batting but as both us and Sri Lanka have proved, it doesn't matter how many batsman you pick if they all throw it away early into their innings. Careful, patient, sensible batting on a placid pitch was all that was required, Jaywardene and Trott proved this.

I picked plenty of bowling to cope with the heat, rotating the seamers around Swann (Patel if Swann needs a rest or is getting whacked) in short bursts of six or seven overs. Ask Matt Prior to prove he's a proper batsman which he's capable of doing, and also ask Broad to prove he's a proper all rounder in the mould of Freddie or Beefy, he thinks he is already but he's far from the complete package.

Dropping Bell would also perhaps give the other established batsman a kick up the backside and maybe they wouldn't have given it away so cheaply.

With that team above you then drop the worst performing seamer or Patel (more likely Patel unless he starts tearing up trees) and bring back Bell or perhaps a youngster (when will Jimmy Taylor get a game!?!) for the home tests against West Indies and South Africa this Summer, where such a large bowling attack isn't required as the heat will be less intense.

Last edited:
Thank the Lord! Monty is gone, lets hope for good this time!