Cricket

started my season with a second ball duck as my team failed to chase 51. It was played on a mat laid down last week and there was either a lot of bounce or the ball would almost die. I got out expecting the bounce i experience on the first delivery. I was playing 6ths which is alot of 40+ people that were never good enough to play 2nds or 3rds when they were in their 20s

had a quickfire 7 in a one wicket loss yesterday, Captain should have bowled me

So, i've now put together back to back half centuries over the last 2 weekends and schanffled a few catches, but still haven't won yet!

Dunc, how is your blade going?

Been meaning to post this up but it keeps eluding me. Won the B Division Gold for my School last month. Absolutely pummeled the opposing team. B Division Cricket is a big thing for Schools in Singapore and our match got covered - Link is Here

KP retires from international ODI's and due to ludicrous ECB policies, won't be considered for International T20's either.

KP retires from international ODI's and due to ludicrous ECB policies, won't be considered for International T20's either.

What ECB policies?

I thought it had something to do with IPL also.

What ECB policies?

I thought it had something to do with IPL also.

What!

What Policies?
it's got nothing to do with the IPL. If he wants to play IPL full time then he needs to retire from test cricket, as the IPL occurs at the start of the English summer, there will always be a home test series in May.

The ECB's selection policy states that if a player decides to make himself unavailable for one form of limited overs cricket, he won't be selected for the other form. KP only wants to retire from ODI's but has been forced out of T20's too.

Last edited:
Had a 48 not out today in tough conditions batting at number 5 in a 40 over game (wish they informed me I was that close). We set a respectable 136 target (its division 12 adults in Ireland) and the other team looked like chasing it. I came on to bowl with 8 overs left and they had 5 wickets in hand and 43 required.

My bowling spell of 3 wickets for 4 runs in 4 overs(with a chance of a hattrick) won us the game by 10 runs in the end.

All in all I finished with my best bowling figures and beat my best batting score by 41 runs.

P.S. I ran someone out for a diamond duck and dropped a catch off my own bowling

Kohli has scored 4 100s in his last 5 innings, he is in some form. And also 7 100s since the world cup finals in 32 innings.

Kohli has scored 4 100s in his last 5 innings, he is in some form. And also 7 100s since the world cup finals in 32 innings.

Must be coming close to Amla in the ODI rankings although Amla hasnt had as much game time in the past 12 months, but that takes nothing away from Kohli, he really is proving himself a brilliant ODI batsman.

Must be coming close to Amla in the ODI rankings although Amla hasnt had as much game time in the past 12 months, but that takes nothing away from Kohli, he really is proving himself a brilliant ODI batsman.

Yeah and he is 23 and still have years to enter his prime. For a young player he has done brilliantly well. Following his progress since U 19 WC when he was the captain, I think its fair to say he is just superb player.

Yeah and he is 23 and still have years to enter his prime. For a young player he has done brilliantly well. Following his progress since U 19 WC when he was the captain, I think its fair to say he is just superb player.

I havent seen him since the Australian series (Oh the joys of being a saffa in Aus), has Kohli learnt to control his emotions/anger? With India's poor performance he really got worked up (not hard when playing Australia), if he has learnt to control that he could be real gem as he matures.

I havent seen him since the Australian series (Oh the joys of being a saffa in Aus), has Kohli learnt to control his emotions/anger? With India's poor performance he really got worked up (not hard when playing Australia), if he has learnt to control that he could be real gem as he matures.

Angry youngman, that's how few people call him. He is very aggressive and I hope he never changes that bit. He is good when he is aggressive. And no, he hasn't changed at all.

Angry youngman, that's how few people call him. He is very aggressive and I hope he never changes that bit. He is good when he is aggressive. And no, he hasn't changed at all.

I suppose when channeled correctly it has devastating results.

I suppose when channeled correctly it has devastating results.

Yeah that is the key. In 1 or 2 years he will be one of the senior member of the team so at that time he can't do stupid mistakes like he did at Australia.

SA won the first test match by an innings and they lost just 2 wickets. That is some performance.

have an u17s match tomorrow. I have bowled 7 overs for 22 runs and 5 wickets so far this season and due to no games in 3 weeks I am still to bat since my 48 not out. Wait for me to get no bowling and a duck tomorrow now

Anyone else excited for the 2nd test between England and South Africa? I'm dying for the start of the 2nd test :)