Cricket

Why have England not batted like this from the start of this winter tour!!! By far the best approach to take look at Jayawardene 2 x Centuries in 2 tests.

Shame it has taken us a 3-0 drubbing and losing 1-0 to Sri Lanka for our Batsmen to finally play the right way (test cricket) in sub continent like they did today! You wait for the ball and play patiently and do not try and play aggressively until you have at least built a foundation of the innings to work with, more of the same tomorrow boys! Trotty 100 again would be awesome :p

Last edited:
Finally some Winter demons can be laid to rest. Bring on the Summer.

Plsyed my first game of the season today. A friendly against Norfolk Premier League side Stow. 2 stumpings and a catch made a cold day in the field slightly more bearable, i didnt bat, we chased 149 for the loss of 2 wickets. Bring on the Cambridgeshire Premier League campaign!

Congrats to KP, on his first T20 century. Awesome innings.

Congrats to KP, on his first T20 century. Awesome innings.

He seems to be getting back to his old self in the last few tests and in one day cricket, good news for England.

About 14 hours until i will be starting the warm up for my first league game of the season. I'm more excited than a kid at Christmas.

I can't wait for next weekend and the start of my season :D

Rained off! Oppo turned up and clearly had no interest in playing on a green top (they play on a Cambridge University ground) and soon made their feelings clear to the umpires. The match was called off despite blazing sunshine and a decent breeze to clear any moisture that they were suggesting was on the wicket. Gutted.

Luckily all other games in our league fell victim to the weather so we havent lost any ground in the table.

Training starts back Friday for me. Gonna be a trainwreck for me.

My game tomorrows is rained off already!

So i've dropped myself into the 2nd team at some old wristers expense and i intend to bunt it everywhere!

Last edited:
My game tomorrows is rained off already!

So i've dropped myself into the 2nd team at some old wristers expense and i intend to bunt it everywhere!

I imagine my game on Sunday will be off also. Fml.

2nd team game was washed out before a ball was bowled sigh. Not looking good for tomorrows game either...

I've played 2 games from a possible 6 so far, and those 2 weren't exactly ideal conditions; cold, wet and windy. Where is this ******* drought we are supposed to be having? It has rained EVERY DAY since the hosepipe ban.

Both my games have been washed out again this weekend. FFS.

I've got the best bat money can buy (i didn't buy it) sat idle at the cricket shop, just begging to be used and it KEEPS ******* RAINING!

I've got the best bat money can buy (i didn't buy it) sat idle at the cricket shop, just begging to be used and it KEEPS ******* RAINING!

I need to give my big pink bad boy a run out. Can't wait.

Finally, confirmation that for my game tomorrow i'll at least get to have a look at the wicket before any potential call-off (last 2 weeks have been called off on the thursday or friday) but the sun is shining and hopefully it's gonna be game on.

So my first Saturday league game of the season. Terrible start, so bad that we actually would have been better off calling this game off and receiving 5 points for no fixture played, because we lost so heavily that we didn't get any points...

Castor & Ailsworth CC - Play-Cricket - Wisbech Town CC - 1st XI vs Castor & Ailsworth CC - 1st XI

Sunday was a more pleasing day, smashed a quick 47 against some borderline specials and even had a little bowl, which was a pleasant change for a keeper.

So my first Saturday league game of the season. Terrible start, so bad that we actually would have been better off calling this game off and receiving 5 points for no fixture played, because we lost so heavily that we didn't get any points...

Castor & Ailsworth CC - Play-Cricket - Wisbech Town CC - 1st XI vs Castor & Ailsworth CC - 1st XI

Sunday was a more pleasing day, smashed a quick 47 against some borderline specials and even had a little bowl, which was a pleasant change for a keeper.

You needed James 'Sachin Ramesh Sir Donald George' Readman on Saturday. I'm available all the time but travel and expenses would have to be subsidised.