Cultural Leonesa: Read OP for contents and my progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got lucky with Rapnik then mate...but they will be back :D

Got lucky with Rapnik then mate...but they will be back :D

i have been offering him and my other whizzkids new contracts every few weeks to stave off the dreaded 'wntd' symbol, but i missed it this time. i'll just have to keep a closer eye on it and keep praising him!

Last edited:
End Of Season Review 2011/12

Liga Adelante: Finished 14th, dissapointing really
Spanish Cup: Knocked out in 4th round by Athletic Bilbao

I write this as Holland have beaten Italy on penalties to be crowned the 2012 European Champions. England were knocked out in the group stages, shock! The worlds media were not so interested in the results in Leon as we stumbled through the season to a very dissapointing 14th place finish. A cracking start had me dreaming of promotion to the big time, but a serious slump in form before christmas put an end to any hope of going up. We never recovered from this slump and struggled for the remainder of the campaign. I lost all faith in Dudek and decided to give Colombi regular games. He wasnt much better, although he would often concede an unlucky tap in after a stunning save, but at least he is young and still learning.

Macheda was again head and shoulders above the other players in this division and finished the season with 26 goals from 32 starts, at an average rating of 7.24. Captain fantastic; Alejandro Rocamora continues to astound me, his stats are pretty average but he keeps on banging the goals in and he lays on plenty of chances for others too; 36 games, 17 goals, 18 assists. Little Ruben Jimenez is progressig well; 18 starts (13 sub apps) 11 goals, 8 assists. Pernia contributed 9 goals this season, all free kicks, a very welcome return.
View attachment 33892

My relatively fruitless tactics remained pretty similar all season, as i dont have the depth to tinker too much. Soriano impressed somewhat, but my central midfield has been pretty ramshackle all season. Next year i plan to have a revamp in that department if i can, adding mroe creativity to support Rocamora and co. Once again without the consistent quality of Macheda up front Cultural Leonesa may have gone close to relegation. In terms of the league there were no real surprises, with all the early season favourites contesting the title. Racing were crowned champions, followed back up to Liga BBVA by Mallorca and Elche. Osasuna missed out on a return to the big time for a second consecutive season, and financial crisis surely beckons. Adelante whipping boys Ecija were down with plenty of games to spare and were closely follwed back to the murky backwaters of 2B football by Ferrol, Alicante and Cadiz. Fierce rivals Valladolid were so close to an instant return to the top flight, but as a now lifelong Cultural fan im glad they missed out, and even more glad that we get the chance to dish out some revenge after home and away league defeats this year.
View attachment 33895
View attachment 33894
View attachment 33896
View attachment 33897

Towards the end of the season i was approached by fellow Adelante mid table team Celta, i of course re-affirmed my desire to bring glory to the Reino De Leon, the fans and board were once again delighted.
View attachment 33898

So after a dissapointing campaign, where the little club from Leon failed to set the world alight, i must now prepare for a new season, i fear it may be our last chance as club finances are beginning to look dodgy after a 3 seasons of high wages. The transfer window has re-opened, but once again i have not received my new budget. Im expecting zero funds anyway so i will be concentrating on free agents and loans. I have already secured a couple of promising players on pre contract agreements, and shelled out the remains of last seasons cash on 17 year old whizzkid Javier Irigoyen. He should add more creativity in the final third (its not hard, Rocamora is the only AMC on the books) and should progress into a top player. Theres also an update on Jimenez.
View attachment 33905
View attachment 33906
View attachment 33907

My USA managerial career is going ok, we have just thrashed Barbados 7-1 on aggregate to qualify for the 2nd phase of North American qualifying for the World Cup.

I really need to hit the ground running and maintain good form for the entire season, becasue not gaining promotion will probably mean administration and my empire will lay in ruins as clubs poach my whizzkids on the cheap.

So not a season to remember, but onwards and upwards for Los Culturalistas eh?

Viva La Cultu!

Last edited:
You put great detail in this story, nice to see you get some success too, well done Jake.

Wow, unlucky last season, lets hope for success this season because your board don't seem to be matching your ambition, Ruben Jiminez is looking mint ;)

You put great detail in this story, nice to see you get some success too, well done Jake.

cheers frankie, i like to be as detailed as i can, im definitely not one of those players who do match by match reports, my idea of ****!

Wow, unlucky last season, lets hope for success this season because your board don't seem to be matching your ambition, Ruben Jiminez is looking mint ;)

yeah its promotion or bust i reckon, or Jimenez will surely get snapped up by a bigger team

cheers frankie, i like to be as detailed as i can, im definitely not one of those players who do match by match reports, my idea of ****!

I occasionally do match by match reports, it's all about how much time I have really. Like at the moment, I'm starting to. Why not check my story out ;)

I occasionally do match by match reports, it's all about how much time I have really. Like at the moment, I'm starting to. Why not check my story out ;)

ive been following, but dont leave many comments in other stories... just left you a little one :D

nice one mate...enjoying ur la cultu story....i was gonna play a few matches tonite, but ive been reading ur updates, and its now 2:20 am...i'll have to redress the balance tomorrow.

take it easy geezer

SEASON FOUR 2012/13

Pre Season:

Time for my 3rd crack at breaking into the Spanish top flight. I fear this is the last chance i have with my current squad, bigger clubs are showing serious interest in the likes of Jimenez and Rapnik and if we dont gain promotion then we may be forced to sell. Recently relegated Recreativo and Levante look set to contest the division, both have strong squads and plenty of finace to fix any problems in january. our fierce rivals Valladolid have got the nod from the bookies as the other team to go up. Im expecting Osasuna (who somehow have managed to retain most of their players, despite 2 seasons outside the top flight) to push hard too, they really need to do so or financial crisis looms, much like La Cultus situation. The club funds are now very tight, the board asked me to avoid relegation and offered no funds, this zero offer would not go up even if i opted for win the league as my option. I chose mid table finish to cover my back. Im really hoping to push hard and gain promotion. The bookies still have no faith, and gave me about as much chance as they did last year; 40-1 title odds.
View attachment 34075
View attachment 34076

The transfer market was restricted thanks to my lack of funds, but i managed to scrape around 400k together by cutting down wages and adjusting the budget, Dudeks retirement meant i no longer had to pay a bench warmer 7k a week! The 475k sale of Angel to Deportivo also helped club coffers. I think ive improved my squad compared to last season, notable big name additions are Asier Del Horno, who will replace Pernia whenever he calls it a day. Former Athletico Bilbao captain Francisco Javier Yeste is a huge signing for the little club from Leon, the fans were delightred at the bargain buy. Promising midfielder Javier Irigoyen was purchased using the remnanats of last seasons funds. Elio Salvadori will hopefully improve my central midifeld although hes young and inexperieicned, but im taking a gamble on him......
After Dudek retired i needed a new goalie, Rodrigo was bought in from Gremio and will compete with Colombi for the number one jersey. Real Madrid youngster Alipio and Las Palmas reject Saul have been bought in to help Jimenez, i couldnt secure Macheda as he is now first choice for united :'( The rest of my transfers are here:
View attachment 34077
View attachment 34083
View attachment 34085

Whizzkid Alex will join on loan once hes old enough (in January)
View attachment 34084

My tactics have had to remain the same. By now my plan was to playing with some sort of recognised style, rather than lumping it and hoping for the best. But ive noticed a problem which will hinder any attempt to play sexy football, at home at least.
View attachment 34088
View attachment 34089
so it looks like im stuck with an awful surface for the whole season!

The transfer window has slammed shut and ive finalised my 25 man squad, thankfully interest in my whizzkids didnt turn into transfer offers, but if im as unsuccessful as last season then i fully expect the big clubs to pounce. ive played one match so far, a scrappy 2-1 loss to Malaga, who will no doubt be among the teams pushing hard for promotion. Both goals were new GK Rodrigos fault, but hes young and still settling in, so im hoping this wont happen regularly.
View attachment 34090
View attachment 34091

Mid season update due in a day or two.

Viva La Cultu!

Last edited:
nice story and youve enjoyed some success hopefully promotion soon

Sounds great as allways :) It's good to follow a store about a totally unknown team for a change. Great story. When's the 4th season, mid-season update?

Sounds great as allways :) It's good to follow a store about a totally unknown team for a change. Great story. When's the 4th season, mid-season update?

im playing the file right now. should be an update by this time tommorow :D

Ack! How do you use that signature? The first instant I saw that image and before reading I thought you were placing a screenshot demonstrating your save had gone corrupted.

Phew!.

5 file rolling save. no chance of that death ball, dont panic!

Finally got around to updating myself on this story after a few days away.
Good luck on the new season, and here`s to promotion. *clink*

thank you, found that a while back. ive ordered the home shirt with the assistance of death ball who translated for me :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.