Cumbria Shootings

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 5K

JP Woody

Reaction score
Has anyone else been watching the news from Cumbria today? A 52 year old man called Derrick Bird has went on a horrific killing spree in the town of Whitehaven killing at least 12 people and injuring a further 25,3 of those seriously.

The body of Derrick Bird has been found in nearby woods.

Whats everyones thoughts on these terrible events?

Last edited:
R.I.P to all those who've died and my thoughts go out to their families. You've gotta wonder what can drive someone to something so vicious though.

Pretty horrific that. What is wrong with some people in the world?

Sad, extremely sad.

Unfortunately these things seems to become more and more common.

I just seen it on the news and why people feel the need to kill other innocent people I will never know. RIP to those who had the misfortune of standing in that psycho's way

23 month old baby? wow.:(

Heard about it on the radio about midday and had BBC news on since then. Terrible stuff. Rip.

People who knew Derrick Bird are saying what a nice bloke he was and cant believe whats happened. Something has obviously sent him over the edge. It just goes to show that you can never know what goes on in people's heads,even people you think you know well.

you just gotta wonder what incident or episode can tip a man over the edge andlead to something like this? what a tragedy. my condolences to all those involved

img_3396_crazytaxi.jpg

too soon...?

Strange saying this but.... if only this was the USA this wouldn't of happened.

I saw this while waiting for the dentist. Tragic news and RIP to all the families involved

its sad how innocent people get killed for nothing, a farmer was shot at point blank range what has he ever done to the gunman

People who knew Derrick Bird are saying what a nice bloke he was and cant believe whats happened. Something has obviously sent him over the edge. It just goes to show that you can never know what goes on in people's heads,even people you think you know well.

Exactly. He must have had some real issue's to not just take his own life, but 11 others?

My thoughts are with the innocent victims and there families.

ok, he had a feud with a co-worker, and topped him. but was there any need to go on a spree on innocent people? to rub it in he killed himself, so can never be punished. absolute ****.

British gun control is a joke. It's far too easy for people to get guns, despite them being illegal.

When I was in Primary school, some guy ran into Dunblane primary school and shot a whole class dead.

It's a sad story and it's especially sad for all the families involved, especially seeing as he will never get the justice they think he deserves.

I read this on the news about ... 11:00 and there was no deaths. But thing oviusly got worse. It evan said the police advice people to stay indoors. RIP all those people who didnt deserve to have there lives ended over something like this. :(

Back