Cumbria Shootings

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 5K
Exactly, in America there is a higher chance of a burglar finding your gun and shooting you with it than you shooting them with your gun.

Umm... serious?

These incidents occur more often per person in the US than in Britain BECAUSE guns are freely available.

Yup, which is a problem with the US laws and education about Gun Control. Just because the US do something badly doesn't mean it's a bad principle. But as you say, gun crime in the UK is ridiculously low and statistical anomalies like this shouldn't be used in cases for or against Guns.

Umm... serious?

Yup, which is a problem with the US laws and education about Gun Control. Just because the US do something badly doesn't mean it's a bad principle. But as you say, gun crime in the UK is ridiculously low and statistical anomalies like this shouldn't be used in cases for or against Guns.

Yeah Crazy when you think of it.

Would a world without guns be a better place? Possibly,probably not though. If you look at the world before guns where invented people just had different and in most cases more gruesome ways of murdering people.

If someone is intent on murder they will murder,with or without a gun.

The most ridiculous statement ever on FM-Base. And this is a forum with Calum_Arsenal on the members roster....

Love and forgiveness are the foundations on which God's church is built. Pope John Paul II was such a great Pope because he was testimony to Jesus' message when he personally met and forgave his would-be assassin.

Not necessarily. Guns make murder accessible to cowards and weaklings. This man wouldn't have killed as many with a sword although he may have still killed. Guns are a good invention for war etc but should not be legal in our homes and on our streets.

Love and forgiveness are the foundations on which God's church is built. Pope John Paul II was such a great Pope because he was testimony to Jesus' message when he personally met and forgave his would-be assassin.

God's church? LOL.

You are talking to the wrong person about all this religious ****, might as well talk to a brick wall. I don't get sucked into all that ****.

Would a world without guns be a better place? Possibly,probably not though. If you look at the world before guns where invented people just had different and in most cases more gruesome ways of murdering people.

very true. buts guns make it easier

God's church? LOL.

You are talking to the wrong person about all this religious ****, might as well talk to a brick wall. I don't get sucked into all that ****.
Yeah, I didn't know I was talking to somebody who declares themselves a **** whether in jest or not.

leave the guy alone if he has different religious views
guns are availaible in england, you just have to apply for a license and its not too difficult to get

Can we keep the religion out of this please?

Im just waiting for it to come out that God instructed him to do this as seems to happen in many of these cases.

Some people who live in the country side genuinly need guns, like farmers use them for pest control on rabbits etc.
And also, your trying to tell me , that if it was you brother/mum/dad etc that was shot today, youd still be willing to forgive this guy. Ok he must of been messed in the head, but that is still no excuse for it. how can you forgive any1 for something as horrific as this.

Can we keep the religion out of this please?

Im just waiting for it to come out that God instructed him to do this as seems to happen in many of these cases.

My original comment was that he should be forgiven of his sins so he can go to heaven, now everybody is on my back.

Wow. This is terrible. What a horrifying tragedy. I guess it's the world we live in. I know it doesn't mean much coming from me, but my condolences to all those affected. This is just too sad.

I can't see how you could forgive someone for something like this :S Whether he was mentally unstable or whatever, people who do things like this, killing innocent people one of which a baby at 23-months, don't deserve sympathy off anyone in my opinion.

RIP to all those who died :(

Back