damo.superman

Reaction score
So this is gonna be my first attempt at a story hopefully it wont suck ill admit i am heavily inspired by kingers portsmouth story but hope there arent too many similarities in our style or my lack of it lol......

Im just starting out now got pre season fast approaching got no money and no prospects for any gonna try sell a few high earners to balance the books gonna also try bring in vogel and smolarek on free's as they have the experience of top class football other than that doubt ill make many signings unless someone has any tips....

will post all my pre season business when ive completed it :)

in a bit..... hope you enjoy!!

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

So pre season is complete with not too much excitement to talk of managed to go unbeaten against well some poor teams by all accounts was free scoring initially but the goals stopped flowing midway through....

Here are my results.
4-0 against the reserves with goals from piquionne2, kanu and o'hara
5-0 homefarm basinas, utaka2, mokoena2
5-1 dundee smolarek, diop, yebda, kanu, utaka
5-0 coleraine mokoena, kaboul2, kanu, boateng
2-1 wrexham smolarek2
1-0 havant and waterlooville kaboul

mixed bag of scorers really dunno what i can read into this for the season but oh well....
a few transfers to discuss in has come smolarek and vogel for free transfers and out went ashdown for 725k to reading. debt repayment has begun at little over 25mill to pay off oh the joy lol

more to come im sure

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

A poor first month to the season no wins and out of the league cup already no new signings or sales just results and mounting debts its gonna be a long season

0-0 vs Bolton in truth a disappointing match but I think Bolton deserved to win this one as they were the better side thankfully Kaboul bossed the game for me

1-3 vs Man Utd it was only 1-0 at half time so I was please that’s all I had to be pleased about the until Kanu made a 10 minute cameo appearance and grabbed me a goal

Next up…., Chelsea Great!

2-2 vs Chelsea (Smolarek, Terry O.G) Thought I was getting win number one in the league until Drogba smashes past the defence to level on 92 mins L gutted for the lads a great team performance

1-2 vs Coventry (Basinas) Made 11 changes didn’t really want to lose but result doesn’t bother me really

1-2 vs Everton (Brown pen) a lack of concentration at the back cost me here but a draw would have been unkind to Everton who should have had 4 or 5

Good luck mate and cheers for the mention ;) Unlucky start, I had a tough start to but after a while the team starts gelling and winning games. I sold Mullins for £1.5m and Diop for £5m but it's up to you, probably better off keeping Diop as I struggled to replace him :)

its no worries mate :) felt i had to mention where i got the inspiration from and didnt want you thinking i was stealing your thunder or anything lol

yeah i tried to ditch mullins and hughes but to no avail window has shut now so will try again in january also may ditch utaka cos man he is naff lol

good luck to you too onwards and upwards :)

Lol yeah Utaka isn't the best, but I keep him as an impact player to come off the bench, works a lot, same for Piquionne in my 2nd season

Well i thought about keeping him but the fans have turned on him now so may cash in on him while i can :) just agreed to sell mullins to bolton for 1.8mil its not much but it adds up :) im looking on the expiring list for next seasons players already figure i cant buy any so why not lol

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

1-1 vs Tottenham (Yebda) so close to a victory and again snatched away due to sloppy defending and a lack of finishing ability I looked poor without O’hara in the middle but he’s back next match so fingers crossed

0-1 vs Wigan Poor attacking performance amazing play from my defence only to be beaten by a 30 yard strike from…. Boyce??? What??? Haha

1-1 vs Burnley (Ben Haim) yet another defensive error had drafted in Begovic for James was working a treat till Ben Haim’s gaff

2-2 vs Birmingham (Dindane, Vanden Borre) finally a match with no defensive errors made a few changes was unlucky to have Mokoena sent off but no goals came as a result so I don’t mind just a suspension I don’t need

3-3 vs Wolves (Camara2 Ben Haim) For a moment I thought I was gonna be destroyed as Doyle was on fire bagging a quick fire hat trick but after half time the troops where rallied and an amazing come back almost snatched it at the end my win is coming I can feel it

2-0 vs Blackburn well my win certainly aint coming here completely played off the park my only player to turn up was Vanden Borre and he was pretty awful too

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Just secure the January signing of GK Zakarie Boucher from Le Havre for 10k J bargain for the youngster….

I also go into this month in an injury crisis I have injured James, Kaboul, Belhadj, Basinas, Diop, Piquionne, Smolarek, O’hara, Brown and Smith out.

2-0 vs Man City what a shocking referee he was 2 penalties given against only one which should have been and 3 goals I had disallowed granted 2 were probably offside but still its games like this that annoy me Given was immense as usual though

5-1 vs Fulham (Boateng) im gonna let the facts speak for themselves here 24 mins in and 4-0 down poor performance worst so far don’t think ill ever win at this rate

My last defeat has led me to drop my entire first team and field youth and reserves let them prove they deserve a shot while the rest prove themselves in training

1-0 vs Liverpool I can have no complaints here the reserves did me proud I kept a few first teamers in for the experience factor Yebda bossed Gerrard but it was that man Torres who smashed in a volley I don’t mind losing to that kind of goal

4-0 vs Arsenal its getting old now I actually have a team of wasters not one of them can shoot ive tinkered but I think I may be beaten on this game cant be far off the sack now

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

3-0 vs Stoke (Dindane, Piquionne2) so this marks the proudest day of my Portsmouth career lol the first league win also moves me out of the bottom three which is a result Dindane was incredible finally finding his feet?? I hope so!! Also had 3 goals disallowed could have been amazing

2-0 vs Hull (Smith, Ben Haim) Another solid game my two youngsters Smith and Carter have adapted so quickly they are keeping some of the bigger names out now shame their stats are a little short but assistant tells me they are big prospects so its all good J

1-0 vs West Ham (Smith) The boy is doing good but in truth its all Dindane’s creativity that is letting him do the business another good win starting to build some form at last…. Hope it lasts

3-0 vs Aston Villa I wondered when I would be seeing the read writing again came up against a far superior team who’s pace ran me ragged throughout was unlucky not to get one back towards then end but well beaten

3-1 vs Sunderland (Smith) a shocking display this is the Portsmouth ive been managing lol I wondered where they had gone over the past few games but firmly back now

1-0 vs Bolton a good team performance unlucky with a well worked corner that wasn’t dealt with but a massive improvement from last time out and more of the same needed before we face Man Utd next time out

2-1 vs Man Utd defeat but what a game couldn’t of asked any more of the team they were in the end though too strong and have people who can kill a game unlike myself

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

3-0 vs Villa (F.A Cup) again battered by there pace but in truth was an appalling display from my whole team its hard to think these players were winning 4 weeks ago

5-0 vs Chelsea and yet another defeat this time was to Chelsea so it was always expected I guess but it still hurts trying to bring in some new faces over the window but not much luck yet

Sold Utaka is gone for 4million and Hughes somehow managed to scam 3million for him leaving me ooo 1.4million to spend haha

4-1 vs Everton (Chevanton) by far my worst game so far this season I wouldn’t blame to board for sacking me to be fair but what can I do ive tried everything and the players just don’t perform. Nice to see Chevanton pop one in from the bench after signing on loan for 200k

2-2 vs Tottenham (Smith, Diop) a good result based on recent performances and being away from home almost had a win but that wouldn’t of fitted in with the way my team plays now would it cant wait for players to come back from African Nations

1-0 vs Wigan when will my luck turn I really don’t know it wasn’t even a bad performance from my side but still goals are what matters and I haven’t scored enough

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

3-0 vs Villa (F.A Cup) again battered by there pace but in truth was an appalling display from my whole team its hard to think these players were winning 4 weeks ago

5-0 vs Chelsea and yet another defeat this time was to Chelsea so it was always expected I guess but it still hurts trying to bring in some new faces over the window but not much luck yet

Sold Utaka is gone for 4million and Hughes somehow managed to scam 3million for him leaving me ooo 1.4million to spend haha

4-1 vs Everton (Chevanton) by far my worst game so far this season I wouldn’t blame to board for sacking me to be fair but what can I do ive tried everything and the players just don’t perform. Nice to see Chevanton pop one in from the bench after signing on loan for 200k

2-2 vs Tottenham (Smith, Diop) a good result based on recent performances and being away from home almost had a win but that wouldn’t of fitted in with the way my team plays now would it cant wait for players to come back from African Nations

1-0 vs Wigan when will my luck turn I really don’t know it wasn’t even a bad performance from my side but still goals are what matters and I haven’t scored enough

Just bagged obertan and

your telling me mate ive turned nasty on them now poor performance are gonna be met with fines and being dropped surprisingly though im not bottom and only 2 points off 16th and 4 from 14th lol its been tight so far

Don't fine the players. It won't make things any better, the best way is just consistency of your starting 11, don't keep changing it.

ive just torn into them for letting a 2 goal lead slip away ive been told i need a result in my next game or its over and ive never been sacked before due to bad results so im not gonna start now no chance here comes a great escape lol

I'm enjoying it, it makes it more interesting being as your not winning that many games, i hope the results turn for you. :) If you do get relegated or anything still continue but i hope you don't. :)

I dont plan on stopping dont worry if i get relegated ill continue and if im sacked ill try find a job elsewhere and continue from there so dont worry ill try only play this one game for as long as i can :)

2-2 vs Wolves 2-0 up until 83rd minute wasn’t good ive been told I need to start getting results and my position is very insecure. Time for a great escape I think as I have never been sacked for bad results only due to a takeover before I will not be beaten

3-1 vs Burnley (Naingollan2, Diop) I told them they must win and boy did they a brilliant team performance and some individual displays of magic from Diop and Naingollan for goals 2 and 3 J

3-0 vs Birmingham (Naingollan, Ben Haim, Quedrue O.G) another solid performance seems since showed my anger it has lit a fire in the bellies of some people at last hope its not too late to show what we can do

2-1 vs Blackburn (Dindane) with Naingollan, Belhadj and Ben Haim out I figured id struggle and yep I did back to the old routine lol

Keep on going mate. Two wins there, the turn around could be close.

lol, i'd experienced the same problem as you, although im using birmingham, and you're apparently doing much better than me. i think your team is starting to gel cos it is relatively new to begin with as its nice to see that you've secured 2 wins. anyway, may i see some screenshots of your team's progress as its hard to visualise with just the results itself.

Well my Pompey game is over :'( The save won't load. I might be making a Sunderland story soon though..

Ah kinger man that sucks i thought mine had too cos as i loaded it the game stopped responding but its working fine now so back to the grind time to start climbing the table me thinks

how do i add screenshots by the way??