David Haye V Wladimir Klitschko July 2nd

Pretty typical of an English sports man to find any pathetic excuse as to why he lost.

David Haye showed tonight that he's all mouth.

Comentator: "David, you talk the talk but couldn't walk the walk."
Haye:"No man, I've got a broken toe, so my right couldn't explode, couldn't land the hayemaker...wait, wait let me show you my toe, here it is for the camera!!"
that made me laugh my head off, after a performance suited to a friday night pub time.
Best excuse ever.

yeah was little toe lol

Hahaha. Fair enough if it was his big toe as you use it to balance, but you hardly even notice breaking your little toe and it happens quite often, just hurts a bit, but it doesn't really stop you from doing anything.

Pretty typical of an English sports man to find any pathetic excuse as to why he lost.

David Haye showed tonight that he's all mouth.

bit of a crass generalisation... and one that's not particularly true

****** idiots complaining about Haye's comments before the fight. STFU. It's a fight, not a hugging marathon. Everyone talks trash about the person they are facing, even if it's a pub brawl. It's called Anger. Go google it.

Onto the "Injury". Can't comment on how it affected Haye as I didn't watch, But most injuries would impede a boxers ability. Might only be slightly, but that slight impediment could ruin a tactic employed by the boxer. And Haye's tactic was to probably out maneuver Klitschko, and hit him on the counter. A broken toe would of affected this.

****** idiots complaining about Haye's comments before the fight. STFU. It's a fight, not a hugging marathon. Everyone talks trash about the person they are facing, even if it's a pub brawl. It's called Anger. Go google it.

Onto the "Injury". Can't comment on how it affected Haye as I didn't watch, But most injuries would impede a boxers ability. Might only be slightly, but that slight impediment could ruin a tactic employed by the boxer. And Haye's tactic was to probably out maneuver Klitschko, and hit him on the counter. A broken toe would of affected this.

wind your neck in, people have expressed why they didnt like his trash talk, no need for you to tell anyone to STFU. If you read the comments its manner fof his talk, and how it was just hot air compared to what he showed in the fight.

His "Injury" did nt affect the fact that he was out-thought and outfought by Wladimir, as you would have known if you had watched the fight

Last edited:
Heyho, slightly ****** but going to try make some decent points!
Klitschkos jab is ******* ace and Haye just could not get near him. His game plan seemed to be come forward low and swing as hard as he could, there was no way that was going to hurt the big man.

Haye has made himself look a total fool. He came out and said Klitschko was defensive and when they fight it seems to be him that is waiting on the back foot defending. He is also all mouth and no action. Some of his behaviour has been disgraceful, distasteful and embarrassing and after all that the least he could have challenged. Champions should act in a certain manner and all Haye needed to do was look over to other corner. Great boxer, great champion and great man.

Not going to comment on the injury but if it just his small toe then I believe it wouldn't have made much difference. Was hoping for a great fight but with the difference in quality between the 2 it was never going to happen, seem Hayed tricked millions with his attitude in to believing he had a chance. Just a shame he doesn't have the ability in the ring that he does with his mouth.

Heyho, slightly ****** but going to try make some decent points!
Klitschkos jab is ******* ace and Haye just could not get near him. His game plan seemed to be come forward low and swing as hard as he could, there was no way that was going to hurt the big man.

Haye has made himself look a total fool. He came out and said Klitschko was defensive and when they fight it seems to be him that is waiting on the back foot defending. He is also all mouth and no action. Some of his behaviour has been disgraceful, distasteful and embarrassing and after all that the least he could have challenged. Champions should act in a certain manner and all Haye needed to do was look over to other corner. Great boxer, great champion and great man.

Not going to comment on the injury but if it just his small toe then I believe it wouldn't have made much difference. Was hoping for a great fight but with the difference in quality between the 2 it was never going to happen, seem Hayed tricked millions with his attitude in to believing he had a chance. Just a shame he doesn't have the ability in the ring that he does with his mouth.

pretty much sums up my feelings, and seemingly a good number of posters' too

wind your neck in, people have expressed why they didnt like his trash talk, no need for you to tell anyone to STFU. If you read the comments its manner fof his talk, and how it was just hot air compared to what he showed in the fight.

His "Injury" did nt affect the fact that he was out-thought and outfought by Wladimir, as you would have known if you had watched the fight

Every fight involves hot air, everyone fails to live up to what they say. It's part and parcel of the sport, so for people to complain now is stupid when it was quite clear what he's been doing. If football was made into PPV you could bet your bottom dollar Wigan would be talking it up that they'd smash everyone 10-0 if it meant adding a zero to the pay cheque.

Quite clear Haye has just been hyping it and playing mind games this whole time, as shown by the way they embraced at the end.

Glad to see Haye has finally been silenced.

Why did anyone even give him a chance in the first place. Just look at the second rate guys he has fought - albeit 6 fights at heavyweight. He was never ready to challenge wlad, a man who has proved himself at the highest level time and time again, no matter how boring people may say he is.

If Haye was to have beaten him it would have been the best thing to happen for British heavyweight boxing since the great man Lennox. But Haye proved that he is certainly all mouth.