David Luiz signs for Chelsea

sass101

Reaction score
I know it happened already yesterday but I didn't find a thread for him so I posted this thread. If someone doubts, Chelsea's homepage confirms it.

Discuss ...

We arguably signed the best U-23 Centre-Back there is:

He is very good on the ball, blessed with a decent turn of pace which our backline sorely lacks and he was also the Portugues player of the year 2010, helping Benefica to the double

Just when I thought this deal was dead in the water, Roman springs another suprise.....

Not lying here but i heard from a few sources the deal might be back on but Chelsea would wait til deadline day. The reason being is that Benfica are a selling club and they kind of shot themself in the foot being picky about the installments and Chelsea knew this. So Chelsea pulled out of the deal and knew Benfica would be panicing so the ball was very much in Chelsea's court.

He looks like a very good footballer but in the PL he will have to adapt because you dont get that much time on the ball.

Not lying here but i heard from a few sources the deal might be back on but Chelsea would wait til deadline day. The reason being is that Benfica are a selling club and they kind of shot themself in the foot being picky about the installments and Chelsea knew this. So Chelsea pulled out of the deal and knew Benfica would be panicing so the ball was very much in Chelsea's court.

He looks like a very good footballer but in the PL he will have to adapt because you dont get that much time on the ball.

agree with ur points but the best thing about him is his pace, we sorely need his pace in our backline, Terry and Alex never managed to cope with the likes of Torres, fast strikers mainly unless they played really deep and this impacted our game, we missed Carvalho alot but Luiz looks like someone who can take his place

I have a really high opinion of David Luiz, he was in my choice of Team of the Year for 2010 and can see him being a huge success - Shame he had to join Chelsea.

agree with ur points but the best thing about him is his pace, we sorely need his pace in our backline, Terry and Alex never managed to cope with the likes of Torres, fast strikers mainly unless they played really deep and this impacted our game, we missed Carvalho alot but Luiz looks like someone who can take his place

Yes definatly. in the accent of Louie Walsh " He reminds me of a young Carvalho".

I have a really high opinion of David Luiz, he was in my choice of Team of the Year for 2010 and can see him being a huge success - Shame he had to join Chelsea.

we were long-term admirers of him mate, been after him for sometime now

same thing with him we are doing currently with Neymar, been after him for lots of time and there was even talk that Neymar could come in the summer although apparently his dad wanted him to spend a few more years in Brazil before moving abroad

we were long-term admirers of him mate, been after him for sometime now

same thing with him we are doing currently with Neymar, been after him for lots of time and there was even talk that Neymar could come in the summer although apparently his dad wanted him to spend a few more years in Brazil before moving abroad

Well Luiz said Ramires was a big part in him moving to Chelsea so lets hope the pair of them can work on Neymar now lol.

Well Luiz said Ramires was a big part in him moving to Chelsea so lets hope the pair of them can work on Neymar now lol.

not suprising considerign that they both were at Benefica together and since Ramires is here it will be easier for Luiz to settle in plus there are other Portuguez players such as Bosingwa around so he is hardly short of company eh

Today is a big classic day , Porto - Benfica, and David Luiz is going to be missed .. But watch Sidnei, he too is a good CB, im sad to see DL23 go to Chelsea :x

crazy hair - I can't think of anything better to say XD

he'll be pretty good for Chelsea IMHO, but how will he fit in when Alex returns?

crazy hair - I can't think of anything better to say XD

he'll be pretty good for Chelsea IMHO, but how will he fit in when Alex returns?

I dont think he will start. He will be backup for Alex and Ivanovic may go back to right back. Also i believe Alex may leave in the summer.

I dont think he will start. He will be backup for Alex and Ivanovic may go back to right back. Also i believe Alex may leave in the summer.

I think Alex will leave in the summer, too. I don't know why, but in my opinion he is not good enough to be first team player, he's more like a backup player.

I think Alex will leave in the summer, too. I don't know why, but in my opinion he is not good enough to be first team player, he's more like a backup player.

He does a really good job and is excellent in the air but i think sometimes he is abit suspect on the floor. I know AC Milan have been intrested in Alex for a while.

I support Benfica, I guarantee, he is better than Alex, Ivanovic, and he is not far from Terry, you just got yourselves the best young CB in the world.