Played some with v3.1, I can say it's a beast when you have the right players. And in my 5th season managing MK Dons I do have them :)

MK Dons matches
1956425-20150825-MLAnnZ.jpg

With England
1956426-20150825-8yTrI1.jpg
Hy Zyndar can you show your team and the eleven start?

Is v3 best with the new or old OIs ? and do we still set corner takers as per the op instructions?

I started new career with Wolves and i havnt got 1 win yet... played like 5 matches.

Is v3 best with the new or old OIs ? and do we still set corner takers as per the op instructions?
Try and experince mate. I am using old OIs. The OP still actual in terms of everything.

I started new career with Wolves and i havnt got 1 win yet... played like 5 matches.

Mate, maybe you have to choose another tactic.

Have anyone tried to use this tactic without the OI's ? I am thinking of testing it with Lazio , after i tested it with P$G and it was a huge success :)

Have anyone tried to use this tactic without the OI's ? I am thinking of testing it with Lazio , after i tested it with P$G and it was a huge success :)

I am also using v3.1 with England, and after some matches I realized that I forgot to set up the OIs and it worked well :)

I am also using v3.1 with England, and after some matches I realized that I forgot to set up the OIs and it worked well :)
No ,no .... With version 1 , its my favorite by far in this forum :) And i think that you didn't need a new tactic , just to tweak v1 defencievly :) So have you tried v1 without OI ?:)

View attachment 229820Its going way nice for now. I removed offside trap and push up from team instruction , to see how it will be . But i cant compare it to my test with PSG ,because PSG are the best team in France and their 1st place is just given. Their defenders are the most expensive ,their attackers too.
So i am thinking to go half season with Lazio without offside trap and push up and than loading a new game again with Lazio ,but this time it will be with the default V1 .
The whole idea of removing offside trap and push up is that my defenders are Stoppers ,so they are way high up the pitch.
The thing i am noticing is that they got too many CCC , they dont score so much ,but they have it. Most of the CCC are coming from a hole between my fullbacks and the central defender who is next to him ...

Last edited:
View attachment 229806View attachment 229805I think thats enough test with my tweak. Now i will start a season with V1 without any changes and see if my tweak really works. :) Have in mind that Lazio are supposed to finish 7th , most of my players are older than 30 years old and others are so bad that you want to cry (without Klose , Candreva , Keita , Radu and De Vrij):) And KING KLOSE is 9 games 10 goals , but always injured.

P.S. This game hates to see Juventus loose !!! View attachment 229804

Great Tactic

Try it and share your results :) I am crucial how it works with bigger teams than Everton.
Tried this Tactic with Man Utd 4 games into season, unbeaten in league and FA cup, 7 points clear at top of PL, tweak it now and again with standard and counter attack away from home, interested to see how it goes in the Champions League, ill keep you posted.

I think thats enough test with my tweak.

This is a very good idea Canarche, I am really interested how it goes, keep us posted mate! And I've never tried v1 without OIs.

Tried this Tactic with Man Utd 4 games into season,

There were some people around who tried these versions, but I am not aware of any great success to be honest. What about doing it with Canarche's idea? So counter or standard, but with unticking offside trap and push higher up instructions?

I am working tonight and tomorrow . So i will start a new save with Lazio in a few days, will buy Balanta(only) as in my previous test and see how it will go with the normal v1.
But i think that u need to work on that defense on V1 , not to test new tactics . As i said , I believe that V1 is the best tactic in this forum. The most consistent one ,at least :)
The thing is that with PSG and with Lazio i am noticing that the CCC that my opponents get are from a hole between my fullbacks and the defender next to him! If u have any idea how to close that gap i will test it with other club :)

Last edited:
I've been playing with the new v4 currently. Some of the changes are based on Canarche's suggestions:

- removed the stay wider instruction of the fullbacks
- unticked push higer up and offside trap
- changed lower tempo to higher
- ticked pass into space
- no change beside the above

The results:
1964229-20150903-BYZhRg.jpg

View attachment 229010 View attachment 229007

Played 11, the record is 8-1-2 25:9. Altough we didn't conceded on only 4 matches, I feel it is a tactic which is worth to try. I know it would be better if I could post bigger testings by playing full seasons, but nowadays it is impossible :)

Tactic here ==> View attachment 228992 <== Tactic here

Zyndar I have another idea . I think that if personally set CLOSE DOWN LESS , for the fullbacks it will make them to not lose position in defense , just to be there for the CD :) He idea is that if the full back doesn't dive in against the Wingel/Inside Forward it can't be beat by one-two passes and the CD next to him won't be in a 2v1 situation :)
Tomorrow i will test with other club .... I think Valencia/Atl. Madrid/Everton/Lyon ... :)
The thing is that to know for sure that the tweak works , i need to do 2 seasons (1 with regular version and 1 with the tweak ) ,so it will take some time :)

Last edited:
Zyndar I have another idea . I think that if personally set CLOSE DOWN LESS , for the fullbacks it will make them to not lose position in defense , just to be there for the CD :) He idea is that if the full back doesn't dive in against the Wingel/Inside Forward it can't be beat by one-two passes and the CD next to him won't be in a 2v1 situation :)
Tomorrow i will test with other club .... I think Valencia/Atl. Madrid/Everton/Lyon ... :)
The thing is that to know for sure that the tweak works , i need to do 2 seasons (1 with regular version and 1 with the tweak ) ,so it will take some time :)

In theory your suggestion makes sense, but this game is not working like this in most of the cases :). Anyway, it's worth to try. I hope there are more testers around and I think Everton would be the best option to choose since I did my original testing with them. I only brought Munir on loan.