Death Ball

Reaction score
- What is in the file

Death Ball Spanish Complete v15.1.1[yaddayadda].fmf
OR
Death Ball Spanish Complete v15.2.0[yaddayadda].fmf

Adds levels and teams to the Spanish nation using the basic editor.

EDIT: 2/05/2015 Apparently incompatible with several other databases in ways I can't identify :(

- How to install

Extract to C:\Users\your_username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\editor data
Change Users to Documents and Settings if your Windows is pre-Vista.
Change the drive letter to the one you have your user folder tree if you changed it from the default.

To /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015/editor data/
if you use Mac OS X.

«you can find your location by loading FM going to Preferences -> Overview and on the right under Saving there will be a location listed, this is where all user made files are saved» michaeltmurrayuk at SI forums
That's the only thing I've found for Linux users. My apologies for not being more helpful.

- Contents

It's edited with the basic editor, as I've never found a tutorial on the advanced mode and I can't make head nor tails out of it when I looked at it in the FM14 editor, so this file is subject to the limitations of the basic file.

Going down from the top, this is what this file contains:

Segunda B: It removes from this level the fictional Salamanca AC that SI have not removed and this year serves no purpose. It does make one of the groups have 21 teams that it shouldn't.

Tercera: It's activated and the real teams set in it.

Promotion is not exactly as real because the basic editor doesn't allow me to set it as real. The closest I've come to is that the top four of each group enter a single play off system to decide the 18 being promoted. That makes it in a semifinal and a final. Single legged, as I couldn't set it to two legs.

The last four teams of each group are relegated.

Preferentes: Semi professional teams.

Top team of each group is relegated. Teams from second and third enter a single play off system to decide the other eighteen teams promoted. That is one legged final.

Bottom team is relegated.

Some groups have been merged to keep it to the 38 teams needed for the editor to accept it:

- Menorca and Ibiza from Baleares are a single group.
- La Palma group from Gran Canarias has been merged in with the Tenerife group, the teams exceeding the maximum limit being placed in the Las Palmas de Gran Canaria group.
- The teams of the third group of Extremadura have been placed between the other two groups, with four teams moved to the Andaluza grupo I.
- Ceuta and Melilla have been merged into a single group.

Regionales: Semi professional teams. Twelve groups:

Grupo 1: Galicia
Grupo 2: Asturias and Cantabria
Grupo 3: País Vasco
Grupo 4: Cataluña
Grupo 5: Comunidad Valenciana
Grupo 6: Comunidad de Madrid
Grupo 7: Castilla y León and La Rioja
Grupo 8: Andalucía, Ceuta and Melilla
Grupo 9: Islas Baleares
Grupo 10: Islas Canarias
Grupo 11: Murcia
Grupo 12: Castilla la Mancha

Top two teams are automatically promoted. Third to sixth enter a single play off system in which a one legged semifinal and final are played to decide the last twelve teams to go up.

The bottom team is relegated.

División Amateur A: Amateur teams. Six groups not assigned to any region.

Top two teams of each group are promoted.

Bottom team is relegated.

Amateur B: Amateur teams. Three groups. Top four teams are promoted. No relegations.

Reputation of the divisions have been rebalanced. In FM14's it was too hard for FC Andorra to attract Andorran players. looked at English leagues and used them as guide. Adelante's reputation has been boosted a little bit (to 117 from 115 or so), so has Segunda B had a small boost. Tercera's boost is greater and more the divisions below. In FM14 reputation was from Liga BBVA's 175 (I don't remember the exact values) to seventh level's 1, not it's from Liga BBVA's 175 to Amateur B's 18 or 20. Each division is 67%-80% the reputation of the level above.

- Notes

- The parent division that should be Divisiones Regionales Españolas is called "Divisiones Inferiores", I couldn't find what's causing it, as both the full name and the short name are correct in the division overview. I couldn't see "Divisiones Inferiores" in any panel and a search for divisions named like that gives no results.

- Similarly, the Castilla la Mancha Preferente groups are missing the region name and I can't find what's causing it.

- The Primera Catalana Grupo 2 is called Preferente Ceuta.

- The División de Honor de Vizcaya is named just División de Honor. Even after I changed the short name to include "de Vizcaya".

- The Castilla y León groups are División Regional de Aficionados A and B.

- For support, post in the trhead HERE.

- The teams that were not in the original SI database have not been assigned a manager, so expect a lot of managers signed news.

- This has a huge amount of teams due to the way Spanish divisions work. Segunda B is four groups, Tercera eighteen, Preferentes thirty six, regionales twelve, Amateur A six and Amateur B three. With an average estimated of 20 teams per group in 81 groups makes a total of 1620 teams, while English down to Vanarama N/S is 7 x 20 with some having more than 20 say 150 teams. (No wonder when I had to make it from scratch in FM14 it took me three months to finish). Bottom line: if you want to load everything you need a top PC.

- The Amateur B division has been filled with teams that were in Tercera past season but weren't in either Tercera nor Preferentes this year, be it because they've disappeared or they changed name and I didn't know (in which case there's a created team in their place), other teams that were unassigned to any group after filling Preferentes and Regionales and Salamanca AC that SI had placed in Segunda B but doesn't exist. I have not changed their reputations, as they're many teams and that couldn't be edited in a batch. Setting them as amateur was the only change made to them. I may or may not upload an update lowering their reputations.

- In FM15.1.1 this was incompatible with claasen's Andorra league database. At the moment I'm editing when uploading the files I was allowed to start a game with both well but I don't promise anything, as I've done nothing to address the issue in FM15.1.1 as I couldn't find how before the patch.

Downloads:

FM15.1.x

FM-Base: HERE

Workshop: HERE

Direct for those with issues for the above: HERE

FM15.2.0

Workshop: HERE (The file name ends in 00 because I wanted to check it loaded before publishing and I don't see how to publish an already saved file)

Mediafire: HERE

FM15.3

Workshop: HERE

Mediafire: HERE

Only Tercera Activated: HERE for 15.2.1 and onwards. An alternate, uncompressed from Mediafire is HERE

Last edited:
The FM15 editor has loaded successfully what I was doing to update promotions and relegations! There will be Spanish Complete. But because of some updates announced for editor I expected to be incompatible and stopped working on it in the middle to do other things more productive than I thought would be this, so it will still be a little wait. I don't think more than a week.

Great. Thanks for your hard effort as always. Just, how many levels are you planning to do? Is it 7 again? I'll gladly help building up 8th level... so much enjoyed playing from the 7th all the way to the top in FM14.

Seven again. Five as close to reality as it can be, as I am doubtful I can simulate the next level, then two more for teams unassigned to any division.

The thing about not simulating below the fifth level is that starting sixth not all regions have levels that low. Maybe it is possible, there was promotions and relegations field in groups within a division plus a field telling to what division go relegated teams; but I'm not that sure it works and it would likely be too much work.

What will likely change is that the seventh level will have from one or three groups more, as I'm finding there are many teams that need to be created in the fifth level and many teams that will be left unassigned.

With things going fast I may be uploading Wednesday. Lastest if there are no problems is Friday.

I will also be having a look at reputations, as I was told by a player who likes the Andorra challenge that no Andorran players from the Andorran teams wanted to play for his team. While until now (I just found past season they were relegated) they were already quite low (fifth level), that sounds suspicious to me.

I'm happy to tell that the editing phase has finished.

The changes are: the seventh level has two more groups and now has relegations to an eighth level that's not playable. The reason for not making playable that bottom level is that I've dumped there teams that were relegated from Tercera past season but that weren't placed in the preferentes level below in my look through real groups. Some of them may have disappeared and others may have changed names and I don't know of that. Some are professional status at a level they shouldn't.

Would they go semi or amateur if left? Should I go through those teams and change that? Make that new level playable (if I do those changes)?

Tomorrow will be the testing run. Which, if things go with speed similar to previous years with my old computer, would be just to the start of the next season to see promotions and relegations were ran correctly. Though if in my new computer it runs fast enough I can get more than a season completed before the end of the evening then I may do that. And then it will be uploaded.

Barring disaster like when I'm going to load it tomorrow it says it can't be loaded, which would suck terribly.

I don't like when teams disappear. I'd say semi-pro, and I'll edit my version anyway to make that 8th level playable. It's not gonna be real, but FM is anyway far away from reality, especially after 5-6 seasons.

As always, I fully expect this to be one of the most enjoyable and well made databases out there. Looking forward to it Death Ball :)

I've made the eighth level playabe. Renamed seventh and eight to Amateur A and Amateur B and teams set to amateur, with leagues demanding it. Preferentes and regionales, that is, the two levels below Tercera, fifth and sixth, are for semi-professional or amateur teams. Tercera and above have been left as they are, admitting professional sides.

There's a small issue with names of divisions I can't see what is causing them, as the names in the division view are all right. And now I can open the file in notepad to try hunt it down.

I've opened a save with the contract types in and it loaded right. Closed it because I thought it would be too close to get a season ran before the night, but I'm changing opinion. So I'm running a new one season test (I had ran a one and half season test before deciding finally on making those changes and it went fine) with this latest and definitive version (should I not see any post asking nicely and reasoned to change something I just said) before uploading the save. I'm sure it should work well as the test before the changes did; but programming can be weird so I prefer to try being a bit more rigorous than that and do a bit more to avoid you guys being the ones finding the problems.

I'll write down the description in the OP already. The download link will be put up when the upload is actually done and I will bump the thread with a new post then.

Last edited:
Test successful, file uploaded, see OP. About to upload it to the Workshop as well.

P.S. - I found out the uncompressed editor files can't be compressed into a zip with 7-zip, the zip it creates is just as big.

Last edited:
By request, I post a video on how to edit the squad rules so whoever thinks the over 23 years limit rule is too strict for them to enjoy a game can change it.

[video=youtube_share;dXpE5Rm7Sfw]http://youtu.be/dXpE5Rm7Sfw[/video]

I think it was said that if more than three days pass without an upload being approved it would be the moment to mention it, so I'm mentioning it.

Thanks!

Tomorrow or so I'll put a screenshot as requested by rules (I can't add one during upload or I missed where is the option).

Cant play in 15.1.3, why?

Do you have other databases loaded? I could play it in 15.1.3

Did you add the Odegaard player add on? Though that shouldn't matter as I did nothing regarding players.

Do you get a message? Is it the yellow triangle beside the Spain checkbox? If so what does it say when you hover the cursor over it?

Works fine by me. If you have other editor files with many new teams created (or competitions) than it may be the two won't work together.

Do you have other databases loaded? I could play it in 15.1.3

Did you add the Odegaard player add on? Though that shouldn't matter as I did nothing regarding players.

Do you get a message? Is it the yellow triangle beside the Spain checkbox? If so what does it say when you hover the cursor over it?
Of course i use other database, it is world megapack from claasen. But there is no triangle beside spain checkbox. Its not verified only

Of course i use other database, it is world megapack from claasen. But there is no triangle beside spain checkbox. Its not verified only

That it says not verified doesn't mean anything. I'm not really sure what makes it show as verified. There's a validation under file in the editor and some validate (copy) or some such in the menu but when I tried that in FM14 it seemed to take too long and my intuition told me not to trust it. What I know is when I loaded the final version to test it, I had unfinished versions of the database showing as verified and others, including the final, as not verified. Just disregard it.

If there's an actual issue then the game should either put that yellow triangle with a tooltip explaining why or an error window pop up when trying to load it.

That it says not verified doesn't mean anything. I'm not really sure what makes it show as verified. There's a validation under file in the editor and some validate (copy) or some such in the menu but when I tried that in FM14 it seemed to take too long and my intuition told me not to trust it. What I know is when I loaded the final version to test it, I had unfinished versions of the database showing as verified and others, including the final, as not verified. Just disregard it.

If there's an actual issue then the game should either put that yellow triangle with a tooltip explaining why or an error window pop up when trying to load it.
maybe i must try to load the game in 15.1.1, and then updated into 15.1.3