Resource icon

**DEEKS**OLD SCHOOL 4-4-2**STRIKERS DREAM** 1

how does it work with teams not conisdered favourites or in general teams without top players?

how does it work with teams not conisdered favourites or in general teams without top players?
Hey :) On comment 19 of the discussion, I posted results from a season going as Tranmere Rovers (the team I support!), the reality is they have a VERY poor side, I did not sign anyone except a few loan players, predicted 18th (which I think had Bury/Bolton not had their problems TRFC would have been predicted even lower), yet finished 4th, only 5 points off top! When I'm ready I'm going to aim to start with a low team and work my way up! In the comments you can see someone has tried it in the PL with Grimsby Town and it's worked for them too! :)

Also in the comments I had a save with Celtic with the aim to win the CL, my squad were all under 23, yet beat the likes of Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich en route to the semi finals were I lost on penalties!

Ironically when I was playing them in the FA cup final I did think it would be interesting to go them because of the likes of James, Tomori, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham etc! If I get bored of this one I'll maybe give that one a go, are you trying with them :)?

I probably will. If you can get Chelsea to the top of the league by Jan or at least be challenging Liverpool with no signings you're on to something

Nice that it worked with the inverted wingers mate. I have stuck with the original tactic using normal wingers. Im just 5 games into the new season at the moment. I must say though, after 7 seasons with Grimsby Town I am getting twitchy to start a new game. I cant really decide who I would do a game with though. Perhaps I will just keep at it for now!!

Nice that it worked with the inverted wingers mate. I have stuck with the original tactic using normal wingers. Im just 5 games into the new season at the moment. I must say though, after 7 seasons with Grimsby Town I am getting twitchy to start a new game. I cant really decide who I would do a game with though. Perhaps I will just keep at it for now!!
Did you start another mate? I'm going to lad one up with Chelsea now bearing in mind no signings can be made etc and a load of wonderkids to see how far we can go! I fancy a European team, not sure who though haha!

I probably will. If you can get Chelsea to the top of the league by Jan or at least be challenging Liverpool with no signings you're on to something
So far so good, only the mighty Sheff United have put up a fight haha!

Attachments

• 2020-04-11 (7).png
    2020-04-11 (7).png
    231.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 2020-04-11 (8).png
    2020-04-11 (8).png
    251.6 KB · Views: 316
Last update of the night. Currently Chelsea, purely because of their wonderkids and the fact they can't sign anyone straight away so quite a challenge! Just trying the tactic with a few teams to see how i go! So far so good! :)

Attachments

• 2020-04-12 (1).png
    2020-04-12 (1).png
    238 KB · Views: 297
  • 2020-04-12.png
    2020-04-12.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 320
So far so good, only the mighty Sheff United have put up a fight haha!
Finally got to January! Still in all comps, still up there in the league. Got a bit challenging, having to play the same players over and over obviously caused them needing a rest etc, started dropping points. At the start I sold Barkley and Pedro to try trim the squad, what a regret that was, would have came in very handy! Hopefully bring in some good players now the embargo is lifted and challenge for the league :)

Attachments

• 2020-04-12 (2).png
    2020-04-12 (2).png
    296.6 KB · Views: 274
Finally got to January! Still in all comps, still up there in the league. Got a bit challenging, having to play the same players over and over obviously caused them needing a rest etc, started dropping points. At the start I sold Barkley and Pedro to try trim the squad, what a regret that was, would have came in very handy! Hopefully bring in some good players now the embargo is lifted and challenge for the league :)

Nice work. Any other tips? Did you you just assign players to train in their playing position and away you go?

1picture 2dc cover same player??
2picture where is offside??
impossible to win champions

20200412174845_1.jpg

20200412174649_1.jpg

I started getting really bad results so changed tactic for a while, I have found for me this tactic concedes far too many goals, I win a lot of games 3-2, 4-3, 5-4 etc. I may play around with it and try to tweak the defence. To be honest though it seems whatever tactic I use I just can’t seem to break into the top 6 with Grimsby. I can’t beat Liverpool at all.

I’ve started a Dortmund save! Who did you sell in your first season with them? Only got 17m to spend which is awful. Debating letting Reus go. 67m at 30 years old, prob time to cash in!

I’ve started a Dortmund save! Who did you sell in your first season with them? Only got 17m to spend which is awful. Debating letting Reus go. 67m at 30 years old, prob time to cash in!
I'm at work at the mo so can't check! But know for sure Reus was one of them! There were 1 or 2 centre mids I got rid of, kept Hummels, Piszchek(?) was sold. But year Reus for sure, frees up a lot of cash! Gio Reyna is a star by the way, I played his as soon as I could he got so many assists!! Also your other comment about conceding, I agree! Trying to tweak the tactic defensively to see what can be done, changing players individual instructions to see what can come up with! Also thought about moving the lm/rm to become lw/rw (inside forwards), but doing this may leave more hole at the back so would have to amend defensively, going to have a play around with it!

I'm at work at the mo so can't check! But know for sure Reus was one of them! There were 1 or 2 centre mids I got rid of, kept Hummels, Piszchek(?) was sold. But year Reus for sure, frees up a lot of cash! Gio Reyna is a star by the way, I played his as soon as I could he got so many assists!! Also your other comment about conceding, I agree! Trying to tweak the tactic defensively to see what can be done, changing players individual instructions to see what can come up with! Also thought about moving the lm/rm to become lw/rw (inside forwards), but doing this may leave more hole at the back so would have to amend defensively, going to have a play around with it!

Do you remember how much you got for Reus? He’s worth 60m but best I’ve been offered is 40m from Man City!

Do you remember how much you got for Reus? He’s worth 60m but best I’ve been offered is 40m from Man City!
Think I'd like to receive anything around 40/45m if you've transfer listed him! As long as it was all up front, not paid over months etc. I presume it's a natural thing to do throughout all FM players, but when you buy players do you spread the fee as much as poss in order to not paying a big lump in one go? I do it on every single transfer, if I'm buying say Sancho for £80m, I'd offer £20m up front, further £40m over 48 months then a further £20m after he'd made 50 appearances for me! That way only about 20-25m is deducted from current budget as opposed to paying 80m up front! When selling anyone I always ask for it up front :) But yeah considering Reus' age and his no doubt large wages I'd bite their hand off for 40m!

I can’t seem to give any of my players away. Nobody is interested. Only sold piszchek so far for 2m. Reus rejected City. Yeah I always spread the cost. Can’t buy anyone at the moment though!