Hi TFF, a question has been asked earlier but you didn't answer it. How would you line up PSG with this tactic with the default squad (no transfers the 1st season)? In your players suggestion on the OP, you suggested both Ibra and Cavani for the DLF position. Cavani has the "drop deep to get the ball" PPM, so I guess he's got to be in the STCR spot, but what about Ibrahimovic? Should I bench him and rotate him with Cavani, as Pastore seems well fit for the Shadow striker position? (just annoyed to put either Ibra or Cavani on the bench) Or retrain Ibra as AMCL and Pastore as MR?

OPTION 1:
STCR – Cavani (rotate with Ibra)
AMCL – Pastore
ML – Lucas (rotate with Pastore or Lavezzi)
MR – Di Maria (rotate with Pastore or Lavezzi)

Option 2:
STCR – Cavani
AMCL – Ibrahimovic
ML – Pastore (rotate with Lucas)
MR – Di Maria (rotate Lavezzi)

- And just to make sure, the AMCL plays more like a TREQUARTISTA than a SHADOW STRIKER, right?
- In case you have Messi and Aguerro in your team, how can you play them together in the AMCL and STCR positions since they both have the "drop deep..." PPM?
- Options for the future, can Dybala and Martial play together in the AMCL and STCR positions?

Thanks for your time and your efforts TFF, we really appreciate it.

Hi TFF, a question has been asked earlier...

Hey mate,

I'd chose "Option 1" but preferred Ibra over Cavani.

- In case you have Messi and Aguerro in your team, how can you play them together in the AMCL and STCR positions since they

Messi as STCR and Aguero as AMCL

- Options for the future, can Dybala and Martial play together in the AMCL and STCR positions?

Sure.

- And just to make sure, the AMCL plays more like a TREQUARTISTA than a SHADOW STRIKER, right?

AMCL plays like Shadow Striker. :)

AMCL plays like Shadow Striker. :)

Ok, I followed your work for the last 2 previous FM (14 and 15, and smashed everything with the Predator ;)) and you didn't seem to worry too much about the positions names since you tweak the individual instructions (example: you've wide midfielders which may make the tactic more solid defensively but tweaked them to play as inside forward).

So I understand this is a real shadow striker, even though you want to train this player as a Trequartista...

And concerning Dybala/Martial, I guess both can play STCR but in terms of caracteristics, which one you believe would be more efficient at playing AMCL?

Thanks again

So I understand this is a real shadow striker, even though you want to train this player as a Trequartista...

Don't forget that you also should have "Balanced" as General Training and Individual Focus training takes only 30% of overall player's training.

Also, the recommended attributes for the roles that you see in the game are "cosmetical" they are the same as the advises that your assistant manager gives you during matches or as the default tactics that are present in the game. Heh, I'm sure that you don't take seriously the default tactics that are present in the game so why then you take such seriously the recommended attributes for the roles?

And concerning Dybala/Martial, I guess both can play STCR but in terms of caracteristics, which one you believe would be more efficient at playing AMCL?

Dybala is better as AMCL

I get your point, you're right. It's more like "a guide" or an indication for people starting to play this game without much football knowledge in general... About the default tactics, hahaha who does take them seriously?

Thanks anyway

I get your point, you're right. It's more like "a guide" or an indication for people starting to play this game without much football knowledge in general... About the default tactics, hahaha who does take them seriously?

Thanks anyway

Here's some example for you…

Shadow Striker does a lot of dribbling during matches and as you can see this role has "Dribble More" PI active by default but "Dribbling" attribute is absent from the "important attributes" list for this role... should I say more? :)

As I said the recommended attributes for the roles that you can see in the game shouldn't be taken too seriously because they are very general and many roles have some important attributes are absent from the list and instead not important attributes added to the list.

Last edited:
Here's some example for you…

Shadow Striker does a lot of dribbling during matches and as you can see this role has "Dribble More" PI active by default but "Dribbling" attribute is absent from the "important attributes" list for this role... should I say more? :)

As I said the recommended attributes for the roles that you can see in the game shouldn't be taken too seriously because they are very general and many roles have some important attributes are absent from the list and instead not important attributes added to the list.

I would send you a private message but your inbox is full you can empty it pls.

Anyone tried the TI "Work Ball Into Box"? I feel like my team is always taking too many long shots.

TFF I'm hoping to get promoted with Middlesbrough but was wondering if you could produce a cen mid list to go along with the list on the op please keep up the good work

Hi TFF

Apologies for bombarding you with questions but would appreciate your views.

I would be interested to know in your view why a deep lying Fwd is better in this role than a false 9 or even a complete ST support. Given the shadow ST role 1st logic (if u did not know) would be to go wit the F9.
So would be great to hear your interpretation on what a F9 would do different and hence why it's not the best role.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just wondering, does someone know how to separate the position from the role in the player training section?

Let's say you have a player, LEFT footed, playing his best as an inside forward and cutting inside in the AMR, but not comfortable to play in the MR spot: in FM15, you could retrain him to be accomplished in this spot, while keeping his role training as an inside forward (focusing more on his finishing or long shots rather than crossing or pace).

In this FM, it seems you can't do it as the individual role training depends on the position (in this case, there's no Inside Forward training in the MR spot).

Thanks guys

before i say anything just want to so thank you for such good tactics over the last two years. I am newcastle and i was 6th lost three games in a row and had had eight games left so decided to instant result them and i won seven and drew one and finished second lol

48f130c2a5b708fefe54057ecd97d766.png

TFF I'm hoping to get promoted with Middlesbrough but was wondering if you could produce a cen mid list to go along with the list on the op please keep up the good work

Mate, what prevent you from using the filters to find players for MC position? :) It would much more efficient, especially, when you are few seasons away from the 1st season.

In this FM, it seems you can't do it as the individual role training depends on the position (in this case, there's no Inside Forward training in the MR spot).

In cases when you can't choose "Inside Forward" because you need to improve the rating for ML/MR positions then choose "Winger" as Individual Focus traning.

Last edited:
hey tff how can i teach a player not to come deep to get the ball?

Back