the tactic does work! But you have to put in some work to get it to work!

Sometimes people are so stupid! This tactic is working wonders if you use it right!But hey whats the fun in that?! In case you guys are new to FM this is a game that are for people that understand football! The training and pre game workouts are important too! Dont let the asst. manager do your work for you! 'After a few games of winning you have to mix it up by using other variations. Sick and tired for hearing people complaining and moan about the tactic dont work and ****! Start playing as a real manager! Great tactic im using it for inspiration. Thanks TotalFootballFan9 !

ballwinning midfielder is a very important part of this tactic instead of the def . midfielder.( currently using Casemiro )
And use wingers instead of sidemidf.

Last edited:
TFF, would you please take the time to evaluate the defensive tweaks posted in the last few pages? Thank you.

évidemment la tactique fonctionne avec le réel ou Barca ou de la ville a de l'argent et le talent à la base de sorte que cela aide pas mal. après le gars qui gagne le championnat avec Leicester Je ne crois pas (triche) Je le droit d'avoir mon avis, je pense que ce ne sont pas la Corée du Nord ici. après en avoir informé les grands haut-parleurs jouer à ce jeu depuis 1994, je peux imaginer que je vous ai vu de toute nature donc je sais se comporter comme un gestionnaire .... Pour info je forme div3 belges T2 veuillez donc the Mourinho douce savants qui pensent qu'ils sont en devant leur écran ne vienne pas me dire des bêtises. Je vous remercie. Je suis juste ici pour passer un bon moment autour d'un jeu que nous aimons tous. Je vous remercie

Last edited:
évidemment la tactique fonctionne avec le réel ou Barca ou de la ville a de l'argent et le talent à la base de sorte que cela aide pas mal. après le gars qui gagne le championnat avec Leicester Je ne crois pas (triche) Je le droit d'avoir mon avis, je pense que ce ne sont pas la Corée du Nord ici. après en avoir informé les grands haut-parleurs jouer à ce jeu depuis 1994, je peux imaginer que je vous ai vu de toute nature donc je sais se comporter comme un gestionnaire .... Pour info je forme div3 belges T2 veuillez donc the Mourinho douce savants qui pensent qu'ils sont en devant leur écran ne vienne pas me dire des bêtises. Je vous remercie. Je suis juste ici pour passer un bon moment autour d'un jeu que nous aimons tous. Je vous remercie
Mate, you are the problem not the rest of us. You need to learn how to play FM, not us. And yes, I did win the Premiership with Leicester in the 2nd season using this tactic. Coming here to rage because YOU can't enjoy the game properly and label others as cheaters proves my point. Instead of whining, perhaps you should ask yourself: "If this tactic thread spawned almost 900 posts in mere weeks and many people claim the tactic is great, is it possible that perhaps the tactic isn't bad and that maybe I'm doing something wrong?"
Off the top of my head I remember that I read and viewed screenshots posted by people who also won the leagues with various mid-bottom table teams in the Bundesliga, La Liga and the Premier League, just check the previous pages in this thread. Heck, I think I read that some even brought teams up from 2nd or 3rd tier in a few seasons (though this might be in some other TFF's thread). My next save will be with Leeds, using this tactic ofc.
Setting up the tactic is straightforward and it DOES work, so at this point you look ridiculous by claiming this tactic doesn't work and that those who use it with smaller teams must be cheating. Winning the Premier League in the 2nd season as Leicester with this tactic is not even a big accomplishment and many other people here can surely confirm this, as they played with smaller teams and accomplished perhaps even better results than I have (though I had terrible luck with injuries). TFF9 has done a marvelous job with this tactic, by far better than any tactic I've ever made in CM or FM.
Furthermore, you oughtta take advice from Edofff's earlier post: this tactic is NOT 'plug and play', you need to set it up for it to work... guess you're more keen on labeling random people as cheaters rather than actually trying to play & enjoy the game properly.

EDIT: You claim you've played CM since '94. You and I then seem to be of a similar age (born 1981 here) as I've played the game since '93. However, you certainly don't strike me as a mature person, rather as a fairly young boy throwing a tantrum cause he can't keep pressing "Continue" and get results.

Last edited:
Hey

Just wanted to share a test I did with TFF's testing league last night.
It's Devastator V6 with Edoff's defensive tweaks

This is a great tactic, the best one out there right now in my opinion, and I wanna thank TFF for all your hard work, its deeply appreciated.
Thanks mate.

This tac works great, just ende 4 with Deportivo La Coruna in 1 season. you have 0 too buy for... you dont need to be a big club to get this tac too worl.

if you dont like the tact, then make your own. P&P tac does not work in every game, they may work for 70% off the games in a season. it called Football Manager, you need to manage your team with your players, not all players are suitet for on tac.

Mate, you are the problem not the rest of us. You need to learn how to play FM, not us. And yes, I did win the Premiership with Leicester in the 2nd season using this tactic. Coming here to rage because YOU can't enjoy the game properly and label others as cheaters proves my point. Instead of whining, perhaps you should ask yourself: "If this tactic thread spawned almost 900 posts in mere weeks and many people claim the tactic is great, is it possible that perhaps the tactic isn't bad and that maybe I'm doing something wrong?"
Off the top of my head I remember that I read and viewed screenshots posted by people who also won the leagues with various mid-bottom table teams in the Bundesliga, La Liga and the Premier League, just check the previous pages in this thread. Heck, I think I read that some even brought teams up from 2nd or 3rd tier in a few seasons (though this might be in some other TFF's thread). My next save will be with Leeds, using this tactic ofc.
Setting up the tactic is straightforward and it DOES work, so at this point you look ridiculous by claiming this tactic doesn't work and that those who use it with smaller teams must be cheating. Winning the Premier League in the 2nd season as Leicester with this tactic is not even a big accomplishment and many other people here can surely confirm this, as they played with smaller teams and accomplished perhaps even better results than I have. TFF9 has done a marvelous job with this tactic, by far better than any tactic I've ever made in CM or FM.
Furthermore, you oughtta take advice from Edofff's earlier post: this tactic is NOT 'plug and play', you need to set it up for it to work... guess you're more keen on labeling random people as cheaters rather than actually trying to play & enjoy the game properly.

EDIT: You claim you've played CM since '94. You and I then seem to be of a similar age (born 1981 here) as I've played the game since '93. However, you certainly don't strike me as a mature person, rather as a fairly young boy throwing a tantrum cause he can't keep pressing "Continue" and get results.

I can take me but this was in no way directed at you personally I took one example among many other so I apologize for that. by against the coming criticize myself by saying that I'm immature or I am limited by what you said I think it means. cheat in French where I'm do not mean cheating but a party that includes some bug that promotes the game nothing to do with dishonesty sorry if my words have been misunderstood. I do not allow myself to people accused cheaters. as I told you in real life I am in Belgium in T2 div3 and obviously there is no plug end play ca be too easy and enjoyable to play it would have no interest. just that I'm not the only one with the problem with the tactics it certainly works well but there are exceptions and here too I know that sometimes (in the past) a slightly adapted tactic or not does not give the same results according to the parties it is a reality of FM. Here I once again apologize for my comments that were not negative at this point and I congratulate the people who come to live in this wonderful play.

I'm loving the list of forward players that suit this tactic but I'm wondering are there any younger players not on the list that people have found that have become perfect for this tactic

a great game for there goalkeeper
1e004457aa91070d4cc856ddce52eef9.png

TFF, would you please take the time to evaluate the defensive tweaks posted in the last few pages? Thank you.

Guys, about different tweaks to the tactic... I can only say that:

First of all, when you made any tweaks to the tactic then of course, your actions should be based on findings and thinking why your tweaks would be better than the default tactic and in this case you should do as you think would be better and you shouldn't listen anyone including me ;) because you play this game for your own pleasure and not for someone else pleasure. :)

And the second... guys, believe me I'm the last person that you want to come looking for approval of you tweaks or any other people tweaks because I'll always be "party bummer" :) because if I thought that something else would be more efficient than I would done it aready. :)

Last edited:
Guys, about different tweaks to the tactic... I can only say that:

First of all, when you made any tweaks to the tactic then of course, your actions should be based on findings and thinking why your tweaks would be better than the default tactic and in this case you should do as you think would be better and you shouldn't listen anyone including me

Very true. I'm doing a new test season at work right now with Leicester (v6 + Edofff pressing tweak) without buying anyone and my defenders are often caught out of position due to them not being quick enough and because they dive into tackles at times instead of staying on their feet. Default tactic seems better in this instance, as my defense is too slow to press higher up the pitch.

However, I feel that Edofff's tweaks would work universally with v6 of this tactic if:
• Central defenders are fairly agile and quick (12+ Agility, Pace, Acceleration) and have 15+ Consistency (In matches Physical attributes don't drop with low Consistency, but Technical and Mental attributes do, so hard/high pressing might not be as effective with low Consistency).
• Goes without saying that Fullbacks should be reasonably quick.
• As best DM as you can possibly find.
• PPM "Does not dive into tackles" for CBs and DM should help with higher pressing and leave the defense less exposed.

In my main save at home, my back four + DM fulfill these criteria and Edofff's pressing tweak works like a charm.

EDIT: I'd like to thank you TFF for this tactic. I keep getting amazed by how effective it is. I literally installed FM on my work laptop solely because of this tactic.

Last edited:
I'm Inter Milan...first season...16.1.1...the tactic sometimes works and sometimes not. I fail to understand why my opponents score more or less with every shots!! Normaly they do 3 or 4 shots and every of them is a goal!!!! I shot 30 times and no goals for me! My striker is Icardi (last year italian Serie A top scorer) and my AMC is Jovetic. On the wingers I have Ljajic and Perisic so not a good time for Champions League (is not a problem as Inter Milan don't take part of it!!!) but for Italy is a good team!

Any suggestions? Maybe the "strange" ME ;-)

Back