• Iniesta

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Xavi

Votes: 36 22.2%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 30 18.5%

• Total voters
My top 3 would have been Sneijder, Villa & Robben:wub: /Ronaldo

No idea why Iniesta was in ahead of Sneijder...
David Villa/Diego Milito should been in there.
Robben almost single handedly got Bayern to Champions League final and the Bundesliga.

That would be mine..
Stekelemburg
Maicon Pique Samuel Coentrao
Xavi Sneijder Iniesta
Messi --------------------- Ronaldo
Higuain​

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Robben almost single handedly got Bayern to Champions League final and the Bundesliga.

Higuain should been there too, he was the second top scorer of the BBVA league just under Messi and playing less minutes..

Casilhas

Maicon Puyol Lucio Bale

Xavi Sneijder Schweinsteiger

Messi --------------------- Ronaldo
Milito​

Although I think Messi a phenomenon and a major pillar of Barcelona I think Xavi should receive the prize because, besides having won all in his team Barcelona , he still won it word cup and europeen cup
for Spain

As a more left-field choice, what about Diego Forlan? Blistering 28 goal form last season ended with the World Cup in which he almost single-handedly guided Uruguay to fourth place, finished as top scorer and won the Golden Ball.

I'd say that Sneijder should have won. At the very least, he should have been amongst the top 3.

Robben almost single handedly got Bayern to Champions League final and the Bundesliga.[/QUOTE ]

No Messi?

Find it shocking that someone can leave out Messi. Equaled Ronaldo's record of 34 goals in La Liga last season (as a winger) and he also had 10 assists in the league. Lets not forget he was the top goal scorer in the champions league. People also forget that he was extremely good in the world cup and if he had a better team around him then I am sure Argentina would have gone further.

So far this season (last time I checked) Messi has 18 goals and 12 assists in just 15 appearances.

Messi is special and a deserved winner.

Robben almost single handedly got Bayern to Champions League final and the Bundesliga.[/QUOTE ]

No Messi?

Find it shocking that someone can leave out Messi. Equaled Ronaldo's record of 34 goals in La Liga last season (as a winger) and he also had 10 assists in the league. Lets not forget he was the top goal scorer in the champions league. People also forget that he was extremely good in the world cup and if he had a better team around him then I am sure Argentina would have gone further.

So far this season (last time I checked) Messi has 18 goals and 12 assists in just 15 appearances.

Messi is special and a deserved winner.

Messi is great, one of the best in the world most definately, but he was NOT "extremely good in the world cup".

Sneijder should have won it, but unfortunately he isn't popular enough for this popularity contest.

Sneijder :wub: Why is Puyol playing left back in the team of the year. Surely Cole or Evra should be there.

Bastian Schweinsteiger should've been in the team, but there was loads of competition.

Wow imagine that team in real life :O

Manchester City?

However on topic I would have given it to Xavi, he's been very consistant for Barca for ages.
Outside the top three I would probably say Diego Forlan. He scored 25+ goals a season and showed everyone how to kick the Jubalani.

Maybe not extremely good but he was still good. People expected way to much from him.

stupidest thing ive ever heard. the way people go on about Messi how hes a genius, hes magic ya know all that bollocks, and how hes the best EVER not even in the world but best EVER! then of course in the world cup you're gunna expect him to perform and he didnt at all.

Of course the wrong **** player won it. If it wasn't for Sneijder, Inter would not have had the success the club enjoyed in 2010 and there would be no CL title for Inter and it would go to Barcelona. Sneijder is the heart of the offense and he was the perfect player for the spot we needed: A playmaker. What Sneijder did with Inter during 2010 is something that Messi, Xavi nor Iniesta could ever do(for Inter). He was unreplaceable, he performed at the most crucial of times and always delivered. Not to mention the success he enjoyed with the Dutch national team during the World Cup. Messi didn't even score a single goal during the World Cup and Argentina never got any real success.(you can thank Maradona for that) This award is not even worth following anymore now that FIFA got involved.