Votes: 80 49.4%
  • Iniesta

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Xavi

Votes: 36 22.2%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 30 18.5%

• Total voters
I reckon it would have been Messi, if Sneijders start to this season has not been great ad I reckon if it was decent enough he woulkd have won it but Messi bar the World Cup has had a fantastic year, scoring goals for fun, shocking is that Ronaldo isnot on the list when he 2 has been scoring goals for fun, maybe even more than Messi, and both of em had bad World Cups in which Ronado actually scored unlike Messi but meh

Messi is really great player and he deserve even to be king of Spain or any other country but by some sentimental reasons I would give award to Xavi or Sneijder because Xavi is age of 30-31 and Sneijder is near his 30's

Iniesta is also great...whatever won it among this 4 names it is dead race by my opinion

I'd say Xavi deserved to win. Iniesta doesn't even deserve to be in the top three, just the one goal against Holland in the final. Sneijder second followed by Messi third.

For me is well deserved, it's fair that Messi won it.
Best player in the world atm, his year was brilliant.

By the way, it really ****** me off all the moaning here in Spain, just because none of the two spanish nominees were elected.
And I find more annoying that one of the reasons more given to support the opinion of they deserved most is that they won WC, when other years (Cannavaro 2006) most of the people said that it wasn't fair because it was almost just based on WC.

Messi had so many chances in the world cup to score and turned very greedy. Obviously a better managed would have played better formation but if he's so amazing, he should be able to win games on his own like Ronaldo does at Madrid.

Messi without Xavi etc < Ronaldo in my honest opinion.

Messi without other> Ronaldo without others

Messi without other> Ronaldo without others

you can't say that

Messi didn't score a goal in WC. Ronaldo did (with a weaker team around him) ;)

But seriously, you can't truly judge Messi as a complete player until he joins a different team (especially a team from England). OK he's an amazing dribbler and good finisher but would he be able to handle the enlglish game like Ronaldo did? I'm not sure

No. Sneijder should have won it, but somehow he wasn't in the Top 3.

Sneijder wins the Serie A title, Italian Cup, UEFA Champions League, World Cup Runners Up medal and joint top scorer in the tournament and isn't even in the top 3.

Ridiculous.

But from the people on the list, yeah Messi should have won.
I agree with you Sneijder should have won the award

you can't say that

Messi didn't score a goal in WC. Ronaldo did (with a weaker team around him) ;)

But seriously, you can't truly judge Messi as a complete player until he joins a different team (especially a team from England). OK he's an amazing dribbler and good finisher but would he be able to handle the enlglish game like Ronaldo did? I'm not sure

full agree thats all andy gray was saying but people twisted it and said messi wasen't good enough for stoke city LOL

i think allround ronaldo is more complete but both have massive impacts i mean look at thier goal rate at the min

I don't understand how people can say Messi had a bad World Cup, or that he doesn't deserve to challenge for this award.

I watched every Argentina game and he was always the most industrious and dangerous player on their side. This was despite being in an absurdly lop-sided team with a make-shift defence that was compiled by a man with less tactical knowledge and nuance than most of us here. regardless, they progressed until being found out by better made side.

And then he returned to Barcelona and resumed being unplayable, safe in the knowledge that he doesn't have a coke-addled fool managing him.

Last edited:
i would haha look at players argentina have far better squad individual wise
Well, it depends on each one's opinion, but for my Argentina squad for WC 2010 was one of the less impressive I've seen in my life. And I don't that Portugal had a great one, but quite better than Argentina, imo.

Well, it depends on each one's opinion, but for my Argentina squad for WC 2010 was one of the less impressive I've seen in my life. And I don't that Portugal had a great one, but quite better than Argentina, imo.
I'd say they (Argentina) had a rather good squad, or at least had a rather good pool of talent to choose from. You only have to see how a similar group of players post Maradona have performed in recent friendlies.

I don't understand how people can say Messi had a bad World Cup, or that he doesn't deserve to challenge for this award.

I watched every Argentina game and he was always the most industrious and dangerous player on their side. This was despite being in an absurdly lop-sided team with a make-shift defence that was compiled by a man with less tactical knowledge and nuance than most of us here. regardless, they progressed until being found out by better made side.

And then he returned to Barcelona and resumed being unplayable, safe in the knowledge that he doesn't have a coke-addled fool managing him.

If we would had a normal coach instead of that ****** we probably should had 3 WC by now since we had the best players of the world :)

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

That fat had called some average **** players instead of WC players like Cambiasso, Zanetti, Banega, Dalessandro, Saviola etc.. but we had the better players of the world.

The result was a farce, pathetic
No problem with messi being in top 3, obviously he deserved to win it if not come second.
How Ronaldo can be 5th ? is beyond
Wesley Sneidjer wins the treble? scores 5 at the world cup and doesnt get above xavi or iniesta?
fair enough iniesta scored the winner, but him and xavi didnt do amazing things like messi ronaldo or sneidjer that year
if i had to choose, i would have put
1. Sneidjer
2. Messi / Ronaldo
3 Ronaldo / Messi

Think of it this way, Crazy7, it would have been astounding if not a single player from the World Cup winning team had been in the top three. I said Messi deserved to win it as he fulfills the remit for the award (the player who performed the best all year round), but I'm also aware of the politics of it. Ronaldo, as superb as he's been, didn't win a single thing all year.

The result was a farce, pathetic
No problem with messi being in top 3, obviously he deserved to win it if not come second.
How Ronaldo can be 5th ? is beyond
Wesley Sneidjer wins the treble? scores 5 at the world cup and doesnt get above xavi or iniesta?
fair enough iniesta scored the winner, but him and xavi didnt do amazing things like messi ronaldo or sneidjer that year
if i had to choose, i would have put
1. Sneidjer
2. Messi / Ronaldo
3 Ronaldo / Messi

think about it though xavi and iniesta are absolutely vital to barcelona and lionel messi... on paper its messi that gets all appluads but xavi and iniesta make everything happen in that barca team and they won the world cup... truly amazing year for them two... Ronaldo i agree deserved to be higher but sniejder after all that he has had a poor last 4-6 months or so after the world cup.. that is what has lost him it.. xavi iniesta and messi and been consistantly excellent

Yeah agreeing with both of you, Messi is what he is with xavi suppose, he would be still be incredible, just xavi makes him and barcelona tick
Ronaldo should have been in the top 3 thats just the most annoying thing