• Xavi

Votes: 36 22.2%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 30 18.5%

• Total voters

LFCMarshall

YNWA.
Reaction score
An article on the BBC has questioned weather messi should have won the prestigous award

Xavi and iniesta have both had terrific seasons just like messi but iniesta and xavi have won the world cup which goes considerably in their favour

But IMO whoever won the Ballon d'Or deserved too cause all three have been terrific and messi has proved he is most probably the best in the world

What do you think and who do you think should have won it?

BBC Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philminshull/2011/01/did_the_wrong_man_win_the_ball.html

Messi deserved to win.

Question to everyone who reads this post: Which of the 3 would you rather have in your team.

Out of the three on the shortlist, right man won. But I do think another player should have won it but I would rather not get into another debate about it.

Messi deserved to win.

And you would obviously have messi in your team for the following reasons.

1. His footballing talent which makes him the best in the world..

and 2. hes younger than both Xavi and Iniesta ;)

No. Sneijder should have won it, but somehow he wasn't in the Top 3.

Sneijder wins the Serie A title, Italian Cup, UEFA Champions League, World Cup Runners Up medal and joint top scorer in the tournament and isn't even in the top 3.

Ridiculous.

But from the people on the list, yeah Messi should have won.

I consider Ronaldo to be the best player in the world but can't really say I'm too bothered or surprised with the result.

No. Sneijder should have won it, but somehow he wasn't in the Top 3.

Sneijder wins the Serie A title, Italian Cup, UEFA Champions League, World Cup Runners Up medal and joint top scorer in the tournament and isn't even in the top 3.

Ridiculous.

But from the people on the list, yeah Messi should have won.

I agree, Sneijder should have won the prize but Messi is the obvious choice from the list.

i personally would have loved to see heskey win it:D
i'd prefer ineista because he is kind of the middle man
xavi-best passer
messi-best dribbler
but ineista can do both to an amazing quality

you can select others... obviously the top three were selected just because its messi... and two world cup winners who also were quality but for sneijders achievements i agree with you

I reckon Messi has the inside track being a winger, but still, he had to win. 60 goals in 2010, for god sake.

i personally would have loved to see heskey win it:D
i'd prefer ineista because he is kind of the middle man
xavi-best passer
messi-best dribbler
but ineista can do both to an amazing quality

It's not about their abilities. It's about what they've done during the year. Iniesta won the Spanish league and scored winning goal in the World Cup Final.

Xavi won the Spanish League and proved he's one of the best passers of all time.

Messi won the league and scored insane amounts of goals and got masses of assists.

Sneijder scored lots of goals, got lots of assists, won lots of trophies. Everything but win the World Cup and he isn't in the top 3.

Out of the three chosen, yeah rightly so.

It's not about their abilities. It's about what they've done during the year. Iniesta won the Spanish league and scored winning goal in the World Cup Final.

Xavi won the Spanish League and proved he's one of the best passers of all time.

Messi won the league and scored insane amounts of goals and got masses of assists.

Sneijder scored lots of goals, got lots of assists, won lots of trophies. Everything but win the World Cup and he isn't in the top 3.

How many assists and goals did Sneijder get? Anybody know.

All great players, just thought I would let people know that Messi and Ronaldo both said Iniesta deserved to win it.

Think hes talking about who he would prefer in his team mate ;)

i was replying to ollie56's question when i said ineista
sneijder has defo been the best this past year

yeah DMF, it's ridiculous that Sneijder isn't in top 3! Barca is good team but all players from them in top 3.. I don' tknow..

I personally wanted xavi or iniesta to win for their achievements this year and although it is only this year they have been doing it for years and years i thinm both deserve it

Out of the three, definitely Messi. But, like DMF, I'd easily have given it to Wesley Sneijder.

I was quite surprised that Diego Milito wasn't even on the original shortlist :S