Dimitar Berbatov - Can he continue ?

• Thread starter Thread starter AldoKemp-1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 5K

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
Isit about time we seen this from berbatov ??
Will he carry this into the next match ? Heres hoping and if Rooney continues playing like that providing for Berba I can see United going unbeaten.

?Opinions ? will this be his season ?

Could well happen. Berba is unpredictable though,as we all saw, no goals after the hat-trick against Pool then this!

gonna merge this with the united game thread, but he plays a lot better with rooney off him rather than the other way round

No problem mate I was just trying to get on the topic of actually berbatov rather than more posts about the game, I know theres talk about Berba at the moment though ;)

No problem mate I was just trying to get on the topic of actually berbatov rather than more posts about the game, I know theres talk about Berba at the moment though ;)
no worries think its links in well with the topic, becuase how we deployed him today is the best way to use him, as the spearhead but with lots of close support

EDIT: not gonna merge it actually, since it would be interesting t get up some of the stats from today on him

Been looking about for some stats atm and couldn't find any from the game for Berba.

I think he may be able to carry on his form and I think it would be a good idea for him to try and start playing for Belgium again.

Tbh, I think we shouldn't jump the gun a bit.

Yes, he scored five goals against Blackburn, but he scored a hat-trick against Liverpool not long ago and then the goals dried up.

It's better that we wait a few more games to see what he does best and how good Rooney can get with him being his striking partner.

Five goals in one game is terrific, but 15+ at the end of the season would be marvellous.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I think he may be able to carry on his form and I think it would be a good idea for him to try and start playing for Belgium again.

I am pretty sure you mean Bulgaria.

Bulgaria :P

Yeah I think the main thing for him is that Rooney continues to play the way he did today also as with him playing like that any strike partner will score goals.

It certainly look better with rooney supporting berba then berba supporting rooney. The short passing, the one-twos were brilliant. I think that the key thing is we dont overhype it, he started the season so well and then all of sudden the spotlight was on, people were talking and the goals dried up.

I certainly hope he will continue to score

Some of Dimi's stats from today:

berbatovpassstats.jpg

berbatovheatmap.jpg

berbatovshooting.jpg

7 shots 5 goals, very very good stat.
deployed as the spearheard but with an intelligent forward in close support (similar to spurs with where he had a fantastic time). it actually balances us as a side since rooney can them make up the numbers in midfield if necessary

deployed as the spearheard but with an intelligent forward in close support (similar to spurs with where he had a fantastic time). it actually balances us as a side since rooney can them make up the numbers in midfield if necessary

Definitely you could see rooneys desire to go back and fetch and support he also has the stamina to pull of such an exerting role

Some of Dimi's stats from today:

berbatovpassstats.jpg

berbatovheatmap.jpg

berbatovshooting.jpg

Where did you get them from?

I was offered to go to this game, but i turned it down (as im a liverpool supported) kinda regret it now though

guardian chalkboard. the problem with berbatov is when he plays alongside hernandez, as he then plays a deeper role and is less effective further away from goal, scoring wise. he can still create, but can drift out of the game if shut down well, he hasnt go the same drive to get back into the game as rooney, hence the frustrated figure for the last 9 games

I cant really see Ferguson favoring Berba with Hernandez if Rooney is fit

Rooney just suits the sort of CF/AM role, where he runs the game and gives that support in the midfield and more than often defence, the problem as mentioned is if berba and chicha play, and how will rooney and chica play aswell.

Back