Dimitar Berbatov - Can he continue ?

• Thread starter Thread starter AldoKemp-1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 5K
Berba is still a creative player but yes as mike says hes doesnt have the drive to force himself back into a game.
Playing Hernandez as a poacher sitting on the last defender with the likes of Rooney and Anderson driving forward from midfield could be just effective as it was today with Berba

Berba is still a creative player but yes as mike says hes doesnt have the drive to force himself back into a game.
Playing Hernandez as a poacher sitting on the last defender with the likes of Rooney and Anderson driving forward from midfield could be just effective as it was today with Berba
yeah, we shouldnt overlook how important the driving runs anderson made from midfield were. this is something we dont get from scholes anymore, legend though he is.

Very true on Anderson but he hasn't pulled it off in many games hes been a rather dissapointment and I was honestly surprised he wasn't sold. Hopefully its the start for him.. I just think hernandez would like to come back alot more as Berba wouldn't think him and Rooney could both get caught back at the same time and leave no one up front.

I still will welcome the return of Antonio Valencia.

yeah, we shouldnt overlook how important the driving runs anderson made from midfield were. this is something we dont get from scholes anymore, legend though he is.

Yep andersons drives from deep were immense and hopefully he can continue this cause hes got an engine like Fletcher however hes much better going forward

IMO the whole team was brilliant,Berba plays much better with Rooney , Rio Ferdinand has gone 810 minutes without a booking just saw it on his twitter

Regrets not watching the game :/
But this is clearly berbas season :)

Think if he wants to stay at United his best needs to come in the next 1/2 season. Hopefully next season he can start and consistantley perform for United.

Very true on Anderson but he hasn't pulled it off in many games hes been a rather dissapointment and I was honestly surprised he wasn't sold. Hopefully its the start for him.. I just think hernandez would like to come back alot more as Berba wouldn't think him and Rooney could both get caught back at the same time and leave no one up front.

I still will welcome the return of Antonio Valencia.
To be fair to Anderson, he had been injured for a long time. He was playing quite well IMO prior to the injury, not to mention that he is drifting in and out of the team. I do believe that he still needs more consistency, but I believe it will come if he's starting more games.

wouldnt go that far, but he has a platform on which he can have his best united season yet

True that ,But since rooney's not been in his best form this season ,it looks like berba's going to be dominating this season. :P

He is massivly inconsistant with his goal scoring and say what you like but strikers are based on their goals. Great performance today but it was his first goal since the Liverpool game which is along time for a 30million pound striker. The lad has one of the best touches in the PL and is a excellent player when in top form but i don't think Utd will get a full season of his best form.

yeah,he will probably be **** in the next few games and then bang a hat-trick against Chelsea and Arsenal

He is massivly inconsistant with his goal scoring and say what you like but strikers are based on their goals. Great performance today but it was his first goal since the Liverpool game which is along time for a 30million pound striker. The lad has one of the best touches in the PL and is a excellent player when in top form but i don't think Utd will get a full season of his best form.

shevchenko?

shevchenko?

110 goals in 207 apps in his heyday in Serie A is hardly inconsistent.

He is massivly inconsistant with his goal scoring and say what you like but strikers are based on their goals.

This is a very contentious point, but I disagree with you. If it were true, strikers like Heskey would have no place in the modern game. If everyone is going to get stupid and "LOLZ HESKEES **** DONT DESERVE 2 PLAY" about it, I'll point you to Stephane Guivarc'h. Guivarc'h couldn't hit a bat's head with a bongo, but he was an integral part of the French world cup winning team of 1998, one of the finest in recent times.

Last edited:
I never said he wasen't

i was just joking to see what reaction you would make :P, agree with what you said about him but i think his partnership with rooney well be successful

Last edited:
i was just joking to see what reaction you would do :P, agree with what you said about him but i think his partnership with rooney well be successful

As united fans we can only be optimistic

110 goals in 207 apps in his heyday in Serie A is hardly inconsistent.

This is a very contentious point, but I disagree with you. If it were true, strikers like Heskey would have no place in the modern game. If everyone is going to get stupid and "LOLZ HESKEES **** DONT DESERVE 2 PLAY" about it, I'll point you to Stephane Guivarc'h. Guivarc'h couldn't hit a bat's head with a bongo, but he was an integral part of the French world cup winning team of 1998, one of the finest in recent times.

I don't agree with it either but thats just the way it is, strikers will get based on their goals.

Back