Dimitar Berbatov - Can he continue ?

• Thread starter Thread starter AldoKemp-1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 5K
i have a feeling this season will be live the 2006=07 season when rooney played in the hole and pulled the strings, he's much better that way

We could still have the best to come from Berbatov and I think we will next or the season after, As long if Wayne continues to provide the balls that he did today.

And the season ronaldo dominated Rooney was that role and he didn't score as many goals but wasn't as heavily criticised as Berba because hes the wonder boy though.

I don't agree with it either but thats just the way it is, strikers will get based on their goals.

no sure with that though as some strikers are there to create goals, pull the strings and hold up play. But big money strikers like berbatov will always be judged on the amount they score.

He is massivly inconsistant with his goal scoring and say what you like but strikers are based on their goals. Great performance today but it was his first goal since the Liverpool game which is along time for a 30million pound striker. The lad has one of the best touches in the PL and is a excellent player when in top form but i don't think Utd will get a full season of his best form.

Just because we payed 30M doesn't mean he will score truck loads.

In his entire career he has scored only 2 20 plus league goals. So i dont know anyone would expect anything more. He is involved in build up play, makes some nice defense splitting passes and bring others into play.

He was never prolific scorer. He is much like Ibra, he is something more than just goals.

I honestly think this season is the year where he proves why we paid £30M for him. Maybe 2 years late, but as long as he shows it eventually i'll be happy.

The problem with Berbatov is that he gets frustrated very easily. Even yesterday, not sure if cameras picked it up but there were times where he wanted the ball over the top as Blackburn were playing a high line and Carrick would play it sideways to Anderson or Nani or Park. He would flail his arm around in anger that he didn't get it his way then walk back if we lost posession. I think that things like that are what make United fans get so frustrated with him. But when he scores 5 goals in one game it shows how easy it can be for him to score goals in our team. This wasn't our strongest team, but it was a strong side against an in form Blackburn and we ran over them from the first minute.

Rooney looked good dropping back into the deeper role and dictating play with Anderson and himself making late breaks into the box when the wingers had the ball, whereas Berbatov was always on the last defender which is obviously where he prefers to be. He quite clearly prefers playing up front with Rooney because some of their link up play is incredible. There was one bit of play where they literally played 6 or 7 one-two's in a row with eachother and got from the half way line to the penalty spot before it was cleared by the defenders.

Berbatov needs to be more consistent, but he can 100% keep this up if the team plays with the same intentions throughout the season and plays positively.

These goals were enough for Berbati for the whole season. Now he is gonna slack all season

In my opinion, no he can't.

There are some games, like yesterday, where he really puts his heart into it, chases every ball, plays the perfect pass, tracks back etc. But there are games where he looks tired, and the last place he wants to be is a football field.

We'll see

This season with Rooney, he was excellent. So there is a possibility this may continue. The partnership was superb. That 4 one twos was just the shades of Yorke-Cole Partnership. It was treat to watch,

Also, another thing I want to mention is that last season Berbatov scored 12 goals in all competitions.

This season, Dimitar Berbatov has scored 11 league goals.

He was in rooneys shadow all of last season, lucky for us Berba seems to want to lessen that strain on rooney which is only good for united coming into the second half of the season

People are entitled to opinions, i however am interested in your long answer could give a reasoning as to why you think he wont?

Hadnt scored in a month previously, inconsistent, although is he does bag 3+ goals once a month I suppose that would be alright

Hadnt scored in a month previously, inconsistent, although is he does bag 3+ goals once a month I suppose that would be alright

I don't think it's a coincidence that he starts scoring when he's up front with Rooney again. Rooney hadn't started up front with him since the Liverpool game I believe. They finally have an understanding which has taken 2 years to form, which showed yesterday. They completely understand each other which could prove vital in the title race against the big teams.

I agree to some degree, however he was doing alright before he scored his hat trick against liverpool

I don't think it's a coincidence that he starts scoring when he's up front with Rooney again. Rooney hadn't started up front with him since the Liverpool game I believe. They finally have an understanding which has taken 2 years to form, which showed yesterday. They completely understand each other which could prove vital in the title race against the big teams.

True, sounds a lot like the Ronaldo - Rooney partnership, if they to continue like this everyone else is in the **** haha

@ DMF - Your post way above about Berbatov throwing his arms in a huff when he doesn't get the ball and then walking back is frustrating.

I would like to say Yes the walking back bit is very poor and babyish, However the throwing the arms complaining that hes not getting a ball when hes scoring 5 in a game I would say is a good thing its showing that he is hungry for more goals and that he wants that ball everytime if he thinks he can score, Granted he doesn't do it every game however if a player has scored 5 and complains about not getting a ball when he thinks he can score is a good thing IMO,
I do understand what your saying but the arm throwing thing may not be such a bad thing, the lazyness after it and walking back in a huff is however Berba shouldn't have to track back anyway as he is the striker, and sometimes when a striker often walks back the defenders forget about him which gives him the chance to pick a place to stay onside and then pounce with the defenders forgetting about him, Such as the goal Chimbonda gave away.

@ DMF - Your post way above about Berbatov throwing his arms in a huff when he doesn't get the ball and then walking back is frustrating.

I would like to say Yes the walking back bit is very poor and babyish, However the throwing the arms complaining that hes not getting a ball when hes scoring 5 in a game I would say is a good thing its showing that he is hungry for more goals and that he wants that ball everytime if he thinks he can score, Granted he doesn't do it every game however if a player has scored 5 and complains about not getting a ball when he thinks he can score is a good thing IMO,
I do understand what your saying but the arm throwing thing may not be such a bad thing, the lazyness after it and walking back in a huff is however Berba shouldn't have to track back anyway as he is the striker, and sometimes when a striker often walks back the defenders forget about him which gives him the chance to pick a place to stay onside and then pounce with the defenders forgetting about him, Such as the goal Chimbonda gave away.

By the negativity, the players may feel he is slating them and it could lead to problems. It's as if it should be his way or the highway. If it doesn't go his way he isn't happy about it. I was behind the corner flag at the goal where we were shooting at in the second half and there were quite a few occasions where Rooney picked up the ball and gave it out wide and Berbatov threw a tantrum because he didn't receive the ball. In fact, there was one incident where he actually shouted at Nani for not passing him the ball in the middle when Nani beat the player down the wing before putting in a cross. Nani apologised then looked for Berbatov every time pretty much throughout the rest of the game.

I see where you're coming from about the hunger and I agree, but surely there's other ways of showing it than throwing your arms about and having tantrums.

Yes mate totally understand sometimes he could go a bit OTT, However Wayne Rooney is another player who throws tantrums and goes off his head when hes in positions and doesn't get the ball when he wants, And its never brought up much about that I mean don't get me wrong I'm one of the people who didn't beleive who was United quality now im warming to him, And I love his first touch its unbeleiveable. Berba is heavily slated for the lack of goals but there has been many occasions hes set up great goals. Understood he's not done enough work and theres really only one man that springs to mind when " not working hard " pops up is Ruud Van Nistelrooy - However the difference is he always scored.

I understand the points was just wondering what you thought about the hunger side of things which just show he wants more, However yes sometimes he's got to understand the balls not always going to go to him and he has just got to get on with it.

Back