Disclaimer89's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2014 Edition

Which database would you chairmen prefer to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View attachment 384246
Late season collapse puts a frown on Raul's face!

Interviewer: Well Raul, first season done as an chairman. Your thoughts?
Raul: Being a chairman, well is interesting to say the least! I feel as though there are things that I could improve on, the transfers the decisions I make. All in all, its been an enjoyable experience, but not a successful one to say the least.
Interviewer: Yes I understand it was an undesirable season. Do you have any regrets?
Raul: Yes, in fact I do. The fact was in the january transfer window I was looking to bring in a new manager, and was offered Pochettino in exchange for Roberto. Obviously hindsight is a beautiful thing, but looking back it would have been the right decision to make looking back. Who knows, we could have gone down anyways
Interviewer: And whats next in your career as a chairman?
Raul: I think I'm going to have to leave West Ham permanently. Yes I respect the club, the unhappiness of the fans, but I'm going to have to step aside. I would love to take over another premier league club, and am looking to buy another club.
Interviewer: What did you think of the slump of form your team suffered in the last few months of the season?
Raul: These things happen in football, but I think that our form was unacceptable in the last few matches of the season. When you are only a few points away from relegation with 8 games to go, you would back yourself to avoid relegation. But instead the team losses focus, and we get relegated. Its very unfortunate and unacceptable. Things will need to improve .
Raul slams the microphone and leave the room

Ill take Man united please

Your chosen team: Man u
Your Chairman's name: Josh Steer

Answer the following 3 Yes/No Questions to help me help you:

Have you Read the rules? Yes
Have you participated in a chairman game before? No
Do you fully understand how this will work? If, no what aspect?

Yes

Arsenal_FC.svg

The terminator talks transfers

Arnold Schwarzeneggar has changed his mind on transfers again! We last heard he intended to let Ole Gunnar Solskjaer have a bigger transfer kitty than the Sphinx to buy who he wanted. News has spread today to say this was a load of old cobblers!

Solskjaer has been reported to have been snapped up by Tottenham's chairman for a fee of around ?3m. Arnie has been quick to change manager during his tenure, stating that he "gets bored" with them quickly. I cannot confirm 100% whether this has been confirmed (can't remember if I was allowed to announce it)

If the news is true then the new manager will be the 5th manager to take charge of Arsenal in 2 years!

Rumours suggest that Jurgen Klopp has been snapped up on a free and will take charge for the new season...if he doesn't get sacked by then!

Arnie has also come out to say that he wants to thin the squad and that alot of players will be available for next to nothing!

"We have a very large squad and with many youth players coming through it is time for the old guns to get out the way, I will be letting these older ones go to other Prem managers for a fraction of what they are worth to get them off the premises."

No news as to who will be leaving but I'm sure once the transfer window opens for sure there will be some announcement.

Shouldn't one of the relegated teams be able to choose United too?

Your chosen team: Man u
Your Chairman's name: Josh Steer

Have you Read the rules? Yes
Have you participated in a chairman game before? No

Yes
You have to PM disclaimer bud, I would delete this and PM him directly.

Henry to fire Steve McClaren

View attachment 581274

Speculation surrounds Liberty Stadium as the transfer window is soon to open. Sky sources tells us that Thierry Henry has decided to sack manager Steve McClaren, as he wants someone with a more offensive view on football.

In his latest press conference, Swansea chairman Thierry Henry didn't want to secure Steve McClaren's spot in the manager's seat, as he was to evaluate the season before making any plans for the next. With the transfer window only days from opening, reports are now coming the frenchman has decided to get rid of the man who led Swansea to a semi-final in the Europa League. Henry's is rumored wanting someone with a less british view of football, to bring in more players from other leagues and play a more attacking style football. Andre Villas-Boas in named as an option, along with ex Swansea managers Roberto Martinez and Michael Laudrup.

Sky Sports news has tried to find Thierry Henry for a comment.

Last edited:
View attachment 383706

Two teams have become available to be taken over by new players. This is an exciting time to join as we are just about to kick off the 3rd season summer transfer window!

Teams Available:

Manchester United

View attachment 383705

Chelsea

View attachment 581308

So, if you're interested then READ ALL THE RULES (page 1 of thread) and then PM me with the following information:

Your chosen team:
Your Chairman's name:

Have you Read the rules?
Have you participated in a chairman game before?

Last edited:
When does the transfer window open? (Sorry if you've already said I can't find where it's been said)

When does the transfer window open? (Sorry if you've already said I can't find where it's been said)

Window opens tonight at 9pm.

When I get home from work I have to sim to Start of July then upload the save. Then I have to update finances and finally return all loans back to original teams. So hopefully wont take me too long.

View attachment 383567

Press Release

Following our magnificent success of gaining promotion back into the Premiership via the play-offs, we are very excited to announce the arrival of a new Chairman at the club.

In fact, I think I'll let the man introduce himself...

[video=youtube;DzmAATufHPI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzmAATufHPI[/video]

View attachment 383569

MANCHESTER UNITED TAKEN OVER BY A CONSORTIUM LED BY A FAN!

Recent reports emanating from the Red Devils show that the globally famous club has had a change in ownership. The previous owners, which included Tobey Mason, who have always had a mixed reception from fans, and have earned the ire of some former players too, regarding their various decisions in the transfer market, have finally decided to sell their majority share in the club. The previous owners were apparently rather disappointed with the reception they received from the fans regarding the performances over the two seasons. That however, will be of no great shock to the people following the club, as Manchester United were reduced from Champions to a measly 8th place and 5th place over the two years.

After a deeply disappointing two years at the helm, the reins are finally passed on for others to take over. A consortium, led by Sherlock, who has deemed himself to be a lifelong fan of the Red Devils, has bought out the club from the previous owners for an undisclosed sum. We will continue to bring you more details as and when we get them, but first, we are able to bring to you a short interview we have had with the current Chairman of Manchester United, Sherlock.

First of all, Sherlock, congratulations on having taken control over Manchester United. How does it feel?

"It is a fantastic feeling, having ownership of a club that you've admired since you were young. Manchester United always brings out that electric feeling in the blood, and I simply can't wait to help, in my own small way, to help the greatest club in the world reach the pinnacle of it's glory once again..

Greatest club in the world? Surely Chelsea and Manchester City, who have performed consistently, should be called that?

Heheh. You jest, and have a nice sense of humour. I like you! Look, I'm not taking anything away from Chelsea or Manchester City. Actually, scratch that, I'll be looking to take everything away from them, but I'm not belittling their achievements. They have performed consistently, and have reaped the rewards for it. But then again, I'll simply echo what our managerial icon once said of Liverpool - "I'm gonna knock em off their ******' perch". It may take a year, or two, but ****, we will be back. Why? Because, we are the CHAMPIONS!

So you admit that it may not be possible to become champions this season?

Well, let me put it this way. Rome definitely wasn't built in a day. We may not become the Champions this season, but one thing that I am confident about - we will be the Champions. And soon at that.

What changes can we expect from you?

In Sir Alex Ferguson, we have the best manager in the world. I'll definitely be looking to him for advice on what to do next with the club. And no one can question his commitment and integrity to our club. The Class of 92 will also be involved in the functioning of the club, as I believe they will be a solid boost to our youngsters. Also, I do plan to put money into the club. But we won't go on a spending spree. I want to bring the old values of United back into play. We've mostly bought players young and reasonably cheap, or from our academy, and they always turned out to be superstars for us. We'll be continuing with that, and will hope to reap the rewards in the very near future.

So you admit this will be an important window for you in terms of transfer?

Well, yes and no. We don't need to overhaul the whole team, the base of the team is still good. We just need to get them functioning together. I'm not entirely happy with the transfers that were carried out by the previous chairman, but lets let bygones be bygones. I'm taking care of the club now, and hopefully we'll grow at unprecedented levels. Now that I've answered your initial questions, I'm afraid I'll have to leave you for the moment. There are some decisions that need to be taken at the club. But I'm pretty sure we'll meet up in the near future.

That was the new Chairman of Manchester United, speaking to us. Will he usher in a new era for Manchester United? Only time will tell..

So, I'm still new at this, as you can see, so if any of you see anything that is off about anything I've done/do until I get adjusted, feel free to point it out to me ^_^

Disclaimer im keen to join cant seem to pm you and have added you on steam plz respond reli wanna be chelsea!

Trying to reply to your PM Disclaimer, you definatly need to empty some PMs or request to have your limit upped haha

View attachment 383450

Tansfer window delayed by 60 Minutes! :eek:

Due to F*ckups with steam, I have only managed to boot the game up now...
So will take me closer to 10pm, to get everything arranged.

Stand by!

Disclaimer89.

View attachment 383425

Breaking News from the Bridge

We come live from Stamford Bridge where journalists from all around the world have gathered all around the world to see who is going to be unveiled as the new Chelsea FC Chairman.

Now we can see some shadows coming through the door and I can not believe my eyes what I am seeing...
View attachment 383424
Lord Alan Sugar has returned to football has returned to football to run the ins and outs of the famous blues. The paparazzi rush over to Lord Sugar and bombard him with questions.

Alan, Alan is it you who has taken over Chelsea Football Club?
Yes Yes I can confirm I have taken over from the previous owner with immediate affect.
Why Chelsea though? Surely your affections lie with Spurs?
No, I saw a busy opportunity with Chelsea and I was starting to miss football with it being so long away. I still have feelings towards Tottenham Hotspur and hopefully I can have a good relationship with the current Chairman of Spurs when it comes to future dealings.
Surely that will upset both Spurs and Chelsea fans alike?
Well if they don't like it they can support someone else. Like I said, I am not here because I love Chelsea, I am i here because it is a business project. If the fans think I am going to run them into the ground they are wrong, I wouldn't waste my own money. I am here to make myself some money and in turn make Chelsea Football Club the powerhouse in English and European football like they deserve to be. Now if you excuse me, I have got to go home and work out who to fire out of this bunch of idiots who think they know how to run a football club.

And with that Lord Sugar was gone, into his car with his famous personalized number plate. Where does this leave Chelsea and Spurs? There must be a lot of people worrying about their jobs now. Does the Spurs Chairman know that Sugar wants to deal with him? Well all we do know is Lord Alan Sugar is back in football and he has come back with a bang!

Last edited: