Disclaimer89's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2014 Edition

Which database would you chairmen prefer to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm very pleased to our start of the season, Owen Coyle (manager) has got us playing some really good football with a limited squad we have picked up some good wins against such teams as palace which could become vital as the season unravels.

We will of course be looking to bring in another player or two in january, we want to build a young attacking team with an predominantly English core jack cork is playing brilliantly for us and were hoping to have some more players like him in our team come january.

The wage bill is something I am looking to address Fernando Torres is available for transfer its a shame in many respects if it wasn't for his wages i would have liked to keep him.

Anyway 10 games in I'm very happy with our performances off the pitch and the fans are enjoying that and being very supportive me and my staff will sort out everything off the pitch to build a very successful Aston villa!

Sugar suffering the Blues

View attachment 376712
The expression Lord Sugar is probably pulling in the Chelsea boardroom

Since we last was at Stamford bridge, things have deterioated very quiuckly which has lead to many people believing that Jose Mourinho could be fighting for his Chelsea life. Could Lord Sugar be about to say 'Your'e Fired!' for the first time in his time owning Chelsea FC? Lets see what has contributed to this predicament at Chelsea.

Two months ago it was all going so well. Victories against Arsenal & Man Utd in the league as well as getting silverware against 'friendly club' Tottenham gave us every reason to believe it would be Chelsea in the hunt to retain their Premier League crown. However Since then times have changed. A massive morale plunging defeat to league rivals Liverpool started off this bad form and the players and manager haven't managed to get out of this rut they are in. So as well as the 4 goals that Liverpool put past them, they have shifted 4 goals to Southampton and also lost to league surprise package Nottingham Forest. Drawing against league minnows Wolves and Norwich probably didn't go down well with Lord Sugar either. The only ray of silver lining was positive but expected wins against Hull and Crystal Palace.

Things aren't going well on the continent or in the domestic cups either. In what was deemed an easy group by Chelsea fans, they opened the group stages with a defeat to nearest challengers Leverkusen. A draw against Genk was probably the most shocking result. Some pride was restored however, with a thumping 5-0 win against Tel Aviv. So as well as sitting third in their 'Easy' Champions League group they also got dumped out of the Capital One Cup against Cardiff who have started brightly in the league. Perhaps Mourinho should not of let Hazard, Piazon, Willian & Zouma go there.

Those four players aren't the only reason why Sugar has been left infuriated by Mourinho's transfer dealings. Mourinho has let Andre Schurrle go to Barcelona despite him not being on the transfer list, and more importantly, Jose let young striker Aleksander Mitrovic join Bayern Munich. This deal left Lord Sugar seething as he had arranged for the yougn starlet to go to 'friendly club' Tottenham on loan for the season as he had a bright future but wasn't going to get many appearances this season. Sugar has made no intention of hiding the fact he wanted to have a partnership with Tottenham however after this I doubt they will want anything to do with Chelsea. To top it all off, Mourinho signed Son Heung-Min and he has performed pathetically in his first few games in the blue jersey.

So that leaves us with a few questions. Will Sugar trust Mourinho to spend money in January? Will Mourinho even be in charge in January? One thing they definitely have to do is turn their league performances round or we might well be hearing the famous 'YOUR FIRED' quicker than expected.

COULD RAUL SEE RELEGATION AGAIN?
View attachment 376314
Raul should be worried, very worried about the future of his club. He only took over Wigan at the start of the season, when Wigan were promoted to the Premier League, and was confident that he could learn from his mistakes. Quite interestingly Wigan was in great shape financially, at the start of the season being in fact one of the richest clubs in the Premier League. Raul took it in his own hands to recruit players, bringing in 5 players, all of whom haven't helped Wigan's fortunes with the club languishing in 18th place.
It is classic for Relegation contenders to have their ups and their downs, but it seems like there will be no end to the down they're experiencing now, the team struggling to obtain points to keep them out of the relegation zone. It has to be said it started quite brightly for Wigan, reaching a high in 11th, but pathetic results mean they lie in 17th place, far from safe. If you recall last season, West Ham had obtained 38 points with more than 5 games to go, but failed to avoid relegation. Is this going to be a collapse as great as that. Even Raul reportedly said "Knowing my luck we will be on 38 points in February and still get relegated."
On a more positive note, Billy Mckay has been banging them in for Wigan, truly one of the only factors that is currently keeping them in the position they are in. It certainly seems like he'll have to keep scoring to keep Wigan up, a team touted by many pundits to be lacking quality
View attachment 597721

View attachment 376295

Bela-Rusian Revolution in the Midlands
By Dan McGregor

Around 6 months ago, West Brom sensationally sacked young up and coming Andrea Stramaccioni and replaced him with Victor Goncharenko, another of Europe's top young managers. Many people seen the change as sheer panic from the Baggies board but after 3 months of the new season, things look a lot brighter than they had this time last year. We caught up with the charismatic Scottish Owner of the Baggies, Angus Guthrie, after the Scotland U21's 6-1 to the Netherlands at St Mirren Park.

DM: Nice to see you again Angus, did you enjoy the game tonight?

AG: Not particulalrly if i am honest, I was up in Scotland for business and thought i would head along to the game, Holland outplayed the boys and in the end the score reflected that. Seeing young Stevie May scoring was a highlight though.

DM: You were spotted talking and sitting with Allan Johnstone, is that another possible manager change?

AG: *laughs* No, i have known Allan a very long time, i was just catching up with him.

DM: Talking of manager changes, the one you pulled in March was inspired by the looks of things?

AG: I wouldn't go that far, Victor certainly kept us in the league and has now got us pushed on.

DM: This season, you have shown much more determination and fight, as well as some good football, would you say that is just down to the manager?

AG: Not completely, obviously the old players reacted to the new boss coming in, in the right way. But i think the fresh faces in the dressing room helped. New players always change the way a team reacts and plays.

DM: Sitting 10th after 3 months, do you think you can stay up?

AG: It is far too early to predict that, by new year we should have a really good idea of where we are. I would love to say yes but we cannot count our chickens after 2 lucky seasons.

DM: You look at other teams and chairmen in the league, do you fear you may be left behind?

AG: At the start of this project i would of said yes, but not now. With the new money rules in place it means no team can overspend so it makes it a much fairer system.

DM: That sounds like you agree with the new rules?

AG: Well i don't. You have to speculate to accumulate in football, and these new rules stop that from happening.

DM: You never seem to mince your words at all, never hold back?

AG: What is the point in that? So i can just be that boring guy who owns West Brom? No thanks, its not me.

DM: Will we see much business in January from West Brom?

AG: Again that depends on how well we do in the next couple of months, if we are sitting mid table, then i doubt we will need to change much.

DM: A lot of people were surprised in March when the board came out with a statement and that you didn't make it yourself? Why was that?

AG: The less said about that the better. It was a rough time for the cub and I was trying to sort out the issues in the background so the board took it upon themselves to release a statement to garner some support for the team.

DM: That's all for now, no doubt if things continue i will be back for a chat soon.

AG: Cheers Dan, always a pleasure catching up with you.

DM: Oh one last thing, Saturday night is the big fight, do you follow boxing if so who you got?

AG: Oh I dont really follow it but i have Froch to win by knockout, with a big right hand in the 8th.

The big Scot was in good form as always, very honest and to the point. He certainly seemed a lot happier than last year, things are looking up in the Midlands.

Hey guys, been busy with work and out of work commitments the past 2 weeks and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be lessening anytime soon. So I'm going to take a week or 2 away from this game until I can find more time to do such updates and transfer windows.

Game is on stand-by for now.

Cheers,
Disclaimer89

Hey guys, been busy with work and out of work commitments the past 2 weeks and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be lessening anytime soon. So I'm going to take a week or 2 away from this game until I can find more time to do such updates and transfer windows.

Game is on stand-by for now.

Cheers,
Disclaimer89

Fair enough mate!

Hope the work-burden will be lower soon, and looking forward to get the game going again soon!

Hoping I can get this kicked off this weekend after a few project deadlines are met this week.
I think we are on November so not too far off the next transfer window!

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that I am very sorry for my inconvenience before and if anyone wants me back, just give me a PM and I will be there. This is considering if this returns.

Sincerely,

Lewie Roberts.

View attachment 367252

Game Resumes Friday 11pm!!

Was meant to get this started weekend past but have been extremely busy with work. Thankfully though this Friday marks the first day of my 14 day holiday from work! :D

Along with doing holiday stuff, I will now have time to kick this off again!

Going to send everyone a PM, but if everyone still involved could 'like' this post, before Friday,so I know the numbers!

Thanks,
Disclaimer89!

Last edited:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mbqr1xlqx71r2e4eh.gif

^^^^^This is how excited I am!!!

Is there any chance I can return as well if there are inactive people

So can I come back if there is any spaces? Obviously the other guy gets 1st dibs but please? :(

View attachment 365672

Arnie celebrates to the early hours!

Things looked bleak at the beginning of the month. Top of the injury table! (8 players out) but German mastermind Jurgen Klopp guided his team to an unbeaten month and up to 2nd in the table!

Arsenal are 6 points behind league leaders Liverpool, but Arnold Scwrazenegger is confident they can take the lead!

"We have a much better squad, a younger manager with much better hair and the best chairman in the world...how can we not finish first this year?"