Disclaimer89's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2014 Edition

Which database would you chairmen prefer to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

View attachment 381771

Sheringham Presents Solskjaer In Spurs.

Former Legends 'Re-United'.

View attachment 381772It has been official for quite some time, but today chairman Teddy Sheringham, was finally ready to introduce Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as the new manager for Tottenham Hotspurs.

Since Sheringhams takeover, it has been a public secret that he was interested in attaching the young Norwegian. Therefore, it came as no surprise that Sheringham was full of praise for his former teammate. Sheringham told the press that he was delighted to welcome one of the brightest manager talents to the club, and said that Solskjaer was the perfect fit to match both Spurs ambition and the clubs overall strategy.

Teddy Sheringham also noted that Soskjaer already has denounced his former employer Arsenal and claiming his loyalty to Spurs!

Together the two former Champions League winners has already announced five new players, including Gerard Deulofou, Maximillian Meyer & Anthony Knockaert. The total spend of 18 million was used on a mixture of young talent and experienced veterans.

Fan Criticism & Large Investments in the Academy.

Tottenham is still struggling to attach English players, but this season has already had an increase of 100 % in View attachment 381773British intake, with the signing of goalie Alex McCarthy from Leicester. However, with two homegrown players leaving Spurs, some fans are losing their patience with Spurs board promise of making the squad more local.

The board has aired their concerns regarding the issue, especially after FA imposed new regulations on foreign U18 signings.

Therefore, the Tottenham board has allocated 15 million to the Spurs Academy, focusing the funds on training and recruitment. This is 3rd year in a row that Tottenham boost their talent development program, and together with the signing of a manager with a preference for homegrown players, it seems like the Spurs board has true intentions to fulfil their promise.

Financial Status & Seasons Expectations.

Despite the large investment and hefty transfer activity, Spurs still has a very healthy economy. This is also a result of Spurs players like Jake Livermore, Nacer Chadli & Lewis Holtby leaving the club for a combined fee said to be around 30 million pounds.

View attachment 381778Tottenham expects at least a few more players to leave White Hart Lane, and Solskjaer has been giving a reasonable budget to sign players as he see fits.

Tottenham has two seasons in a row brought home silverware and battling their way through to the last rounds of the European tournaments. This season the former United duo's common goal is to see Spurs return into the Premier League top-6, where they belong.
The board is expecting a good season, especially as it will be last on White Hart Lane.

Spurs also presented Chelsea as their new friendship-club, and praised their new chairman Alan Sugar, though nothing fruitful has come out of the relationship yet.

Sheringham greeted the chairmens he dealt with during the summer window and send a special thanks to the FA management. He rounded up the hour-long press meeting by wishing all owners a good season in the (once again) best league in the world.

Last edited:
a4u8ete3.jpg

Manchester city announce stadium expansion!

Manchester city have today confirmed than the etihad stadium is to be expanded to 60,000 ahead of the new season. The magnificent plan has been on summerbees mind for a while now and will be done prior to the new season kicking off, with the stadium likely to look like these artist impressions:
A view from outside the stadium
e9e5upu2.jpg

An aerial view of the stadium lit up
2a8y8ydu.jpg

How the stadium will look for the inside
8ynudave.jpg

Summerbee has announced that this will not change season ticket prices " we at Manchester city do things the right way for our fans, were not them Salford ***** who rob their fans to pay their owners debts and we certainly aren't them cockney basterds arsenal who made the fans pay for their ground, we are Manchester City and we run this club for our fans, they will pay the low ?450 season tickets as they have done for a while now(one of the lowest in England) and it's as simple as that. This ground isn't about profit it is about having more fans in the stadium to share the joy with us, we've also improved the outside aswell."

Asked about the new season summerbee was upbeat " we've brought in some top players, oscar was amazing on loan last year and were delighted to take him here permanently now, even if that means Daniel had to go. Cuadrado is a great player, a real pacey threat down the line which when I reviewed our squad I felt we lacked, 15 million is a great price for him. Ross Barkley is one of the brightest young talents around, he was our priority this summer and were glad to have him. We are also pleased that this deal allowed us to clear 400k a week in wages, this will take just over a year to pay off our stadium expansion alone. They were also fringe players so letting them go will let us bring through more young players,last season lopes got a chance,Luke shaw was a key player at just 19 and youri tielemans made 11 appearances which is great for our future. This season I want at least 2 young players to break through into our first team once again.we have a very strong squad now of at least 2 high quality players for each position.
Gk- victor valdes, Kasper schmiechel
Rb- Pablo zabaleta, Micah Richards
Cb-Vincent kompany,David Luiz,Matija Nastasic,Jores Okore/Karim Rekik
Lb- Luke Shaw, Gael Clichy
Defesive minded midfielders- William carvalho, Geoffrey Kondogbia, yaya toure, fernandinho,Emyr huws
Attack minded midfielders- Ross barkey,isco,David silva, Samir Nasri, James ward-prowse,oscar
Rw- Juan cuadrado,James Milner,youri tielemans
Lw-Kevin de bruyne,Marcos lopes,(isco,silva,Nasri,oscar)
St- Sergio aguero,Michy batshuayi, Stevan jovetic

"This is a strong squad but we have have txiki bergistirain,ferran soriano and pep guardiola 35 million to buy another top player, we hope he signs a pacy left winger similar to cuadrado who can offer something different to kevin de bruyne sometimes"

You sure knows how to give a man extra work ;)

But I think it is a very nice gesture to the fans (and story) - but don't expect a Toffees-discount in London ;)
haha, only a small detail to change...and I agree nice gesture, would be nice to see real teams follow suit eg. Liverpool for next season!!

and not looking forward to away days in London, an expensive affair for us debt-ridden clubs

haha, only a small detail to change...and I agree nice gesture, would be nice to see real teams follow suit eg. Liverpool for next season!!

and not looking forward to away days in London, an expensive affair for us debt-ridden clubs

I'm not English and has never been on a English stadium.
But I have never understood the rocket high prices. And IMO this is one of the reason why English fan-culture is not as great as it used to be!

Got to love Mitroglou; 2 goals on his debut against the club who sold him!

Well that proves it fm is unrealistic torres has already scored 2 goals 4 me =D

Didn't we include a clause whereby you'd now owe me an additional 2m quid.......

No...???

**** it :(

I'm probably going to be cursed now and Mitroglou won't score again this season, but then again - van Wolfswinkel scored 17 goals or something last year. I think FM is broken

I'm probably going to be cursed now and Mitroglou won't score again this season, but then again - van Wolfswinkel scored 17 goals or something last year. I think FM is broken

He's dead to me anyway..... Alvaro Morata has netted six in four so far for me :)

Ex manager and captain Roberto Martinez returns to Liberty Stadium

View attachment 586634

Swansea City AFC are delighted to announce that former manager and captain Roberto Martinez returns to the club, succeeding Steve McClaren as manager of the club. As the team's captain, Martinez made 122 appearances during three-and-a-half years, helping the club keep Football League status on the last day of the season and later gaining promotion to League 1. Nine months after being released by manager Kenny Jackett, he replaced him as manager of club. During his first full season at the club, Roberto Martinez's team won League One, gaining promotion to The Championship. Well there, for the first time in 24 years, he guided the team to finishing 8th, before leaving for Wigan Athletic.

After managing Wigan, Everton and latest West Ham, who got relegated last season, Roberto Martinez now returns to Swansea City in the Premier League. Asked about his feelings upon returning to the club for a third spell, Martinez said:

"I am proud to once again represent Swansea City. Since leaving the club in 2009, I have followed the club's great progress with huge delight. Being a part of the club in League 2, League 1 and The Championship, I am looking forward to lead the club in the Premier League, where Swansea surely has shown they belong."

Asked about his ambitions for the upcoming season, Martinez explained:

"Swansea had a tough league season last year, and our aim is obviously to do better this year. I hope we can get back to the offensive possession football that has been so successful for the club before. The squad is looking strong, and I am happy with the transfers being made in the summer so far. My job is now to fine-tune the squad and get them ready for the new season."

Chairman Thierry Henry had the following to say about his recruitment:

"The whole club is delighted to have Roberto Martinez back. He knows what this club is all about, and has made a huge difference for Swansea City during his former spells here. A crucial part is also that he represents the offensive possession football that has been a trademark for the club. It is of great importance that we keep this trademark, which is the way to growing as a club, both on and off the pitch. I am looking forward to a great season under his wings."

Woohoo Arsenal lead the way in red cards and yellow cards!!

Khacheridi has been sent off in every game he has played so far...can he continue this brilliant red card form?? only time will tell!

i think its like 150k a week I dont rate him I want a massive clearout didnt get time to do it in the summer so bring on january big changes for aston villa!

decent month. knowing my luck we will be on 38 points in February, and get relegated again!;)

Solid month scoring 7 goals conceding 2 winning 2 and drawing 1 sitting in third in the league behind chealski and Liverpool so all in all a sound month here in the midlands.

reasonable start 1 win; 1 draw; and 1 loss... I'll take that for now, hopefully Profe can sign a few players on the final day as the window slams shut at the end of the day (squads looking a little thin in defence especially)

Roberto Martinez off to a great re-start at Swansea

View attachment 587499

Roberto Martinez can look back to a great August, his first competitive month back at Swansea City. Martinez' first Premier League game with the club was away to Wolverhampton, where his men collected a strong 3-0 victory against the newcomers. Current league leaders Liverpool then proved to be too strong at the Liberty Stadium, winning 2-0, before Swansea went on and won two more games, 3-2 away to QPR in the Capital One Cup and 3-0 away to Crystal Palace, leaving Swansea at fourth place in the league.

Swansea has impressed both offensively and defensively this far. Goalkeeper Tim Howard has already collected two clean sheets in a defense where captain Ashley Williams and left-back Neil Taylor also have been impressive. English international Jack Rodwell has been a rock in central midfield, and Henry's summer signing Nacer Chadli has been outstanding with two goals and two assist from his left-wing position.

Latest news are otherwise that fans' favorite Michu just have been sold to Real Betis for around 7m, creating worry among the Swansea faithful. After selling Gylfi Sigurdsson earlier in the summer, Roberto Martinez now lacks a clear number one in the so important offensive midfield role. With deadline day coming up tomorrow, Roberto Martinez are under some pressure, as he is yet to sign his first player back at his old club.

Last edited:
Big Bird's August Update

View attachment 380479

Happy Friday to all the boys and girls :)

The season has started well for the men in black and white..... But there is room for improvement and we hope over the next couple of months to stay clear of any serious injuries and progress in all three competitions.

Our first game of the campaign came at Carrow Road, Norfolk. We fielded a team including eight new players and promptly got beaten 3-0.... Some Greek guy, who used to play for us, scored twice and to be honest I don't want to talk about it anymore.... I'm over it already..... Stop mentioning it..... He's not even that good anyway..... And all their fans had three eyes and four thumbs..... Stupid game soccer :(

A week later we entertained the San Antonio Spurs and smashed them four-love. Loan HERO Alvaro Morata bagged his first two goals, Freddy converted a spot kick and Manuel struck the fourth.... We love soccer..... It's a great game.... Louis Holtby was man of the match and all was well with the world.

Our third, and final, league game of the month, was another home tie, this time against Newcastle. Before the game it was decided to treat this game as a bit of joke, to be fair Newcastle are worse than Accrington Stanley (who are they?........EXACTLY), and for the laugh we rested nine first team regulars and gave debuts to five players..... And hey guess what..... We won 2-0..... Luis Suarez II hit two on his first outing for us since his transfer from AC Milano. Best of luck to JosefJoseph next season in Serie B, or whatever the league below us is called....

Other than that not much else has happened...... except for the small matter of the Champions League :) :) :)

A 5-2 aggregate win against Basil Fawlty has seen us enter the group stages of the worlds greatest club competition (which happens to be based in Europe). Morata fired in four goals over the two legs and now all we have to do is qualify for the knockout stages......

........ is what we thought before the group stage was drawn...... however, once we were paired with Barcelona, PSG and Fiorentina, our new target is to bag third place and get into the Thursday night ITV4 Cup...... Still very prestigious in it's own right.

The Fulham Collective

Last edited:
View attachment 588550

Chelsea start the season on fire!

View attachment 380448

After what was billed as a make or break start to their league campaign. Chelsea have Come out the starting blocks with 3 wins from 3, against teams that could be fighting them for the title this season. Add to that a confident performance against 'Friendly club' Tottenham Hotspur, this start must have new own Lord Sugar licking his lips with delight.

Playing with a strong team against Spurs in the Community Shield paid dividends with them coming away from Wembley with their first silverware of the season. First up in the league was a mouth watering London derby against Arsenal. It wouldn't surprise me if Lord Sugar gave his own team talk this game as we know how loyal he is to Spurs so he must dislike Arsenal with a passion. The game was over within 20 first half minutes with Chelsea scoring 2 goals in the first 15mins and then an Arsenal defender got sent off on 20 mins. Next up was a trip to the toon where things did not start brightly for the blues with Luuk De Jong scoring within 2 minutes. However, it did not take long for main man Hazard to equalise and as the game was heading for a draw, Jack Wilshere poked the ball home to give Chelsea all 3 points. Last game of the month was another massive game away to Man Utd. An exciting first half saw all 3 goals being score and Fellaini getting sent off as Chelsea come away from Old Trafford with all three points, with Draxler and Mirallas scoring the goals.

The tough fixtures do not end there. Next month they have start against Liverpool, the only team ahead of them in the league and the only other team to take 3 wins from 3 games. They also have the Champions League kicking off as well where they have one of the easiest groups in history with the likes of Leverkusen, Genk and Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Will the Chelsea train steam full speed ahead? Find out in next months report.

Written for BBC Sport, by James Roots